Qatar Airways to offer daily direct flights between Doha and Sydney
Qatar Airways has announced that it will offer daily direct flights between Doha and Sydney. The flights which will conveniently depart in the evenings in both directions is an ideal option for travellers keen on taking advantage of Qatar airways' extensive global network which includes top destinations like Oman, Ras Al Khaimah, Abu Dhabi, Nairobi, the Maldives and Goa.
Qatar Airways continues to expand its already impressive network with the announcement of daily direct flights between Doha and Sydney as of the 1st March 2016.
The addition of the new route makes this the third Australian destination in the airline's network, with daily flights to Melbourne and Perth already in operation. The flights will reportedly depart in the evenings for both directions making this a convenient option for those travellers who are eager to book multi city holidays with Qatar Airways.
Akbar al Baker CEO of Qatar Airways - noted the importance of adding the new route both for his airline's growth strategy and for strengthening the ties between Qatar and Australia. He explained:
"We are delighted to debut our daily Sydney flights next March. The expansion of our Australia services will undoubtedly boost and strengthen the trade and commercial links that exist between Qatar and Australia, setting the stage for even more robust partnership opportunities in the near future."
Qatar Airways offers flights to over 150 destinations across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific, North America and South America. In operation for just 18 years, the airline is widely considered one of the fastest growing airlines in the world and has received many accolades along the way.
At the 26th Annual TTG Travel Awards in Thailand, Qatar Airways was voted as the Best Middle Eastern Airline for the 10th consecutive year. Following the announcement CEO al Baker stated:
"To retain this accolade for 10 consecutive years is a tremendous achievement – it speaks volumes about the commitment and quality of the entire Qatar Airways team, which works tirelessly to provide unforgettable in-flight experiences for our passengers. We take pride in offering our passengers best-in-class hospitality whenever they fly with us and are delighted that our efforts have paid off."
Additionally, at the 2015 Skytrax Awards in June 2015 the airline was name the World's best carrier for the third time.
Qatar Airways will utilize the Boeing 777-300 aircraft for the eagerly anticipated Doha- Sydney route. Passengers will be able to enjoy the award winning hospitality and in flight services that Qatar Airways is best known for.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Exclusive India Sale, Enjoy Huge reductions on all our tours must be booked by 31 August 2017
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...