Qatar Airways to offer daily direct flights between Doha and Sydney
Qatar Airways has announced that it will offer daily direct flights between Doha and Sydney. The flights which will conveniently depart in the evenings in both directions is an ideal option for travellers keen on taking advantage of Qatar airways' extensive global network which includes top destinations like Oman, Ras Al Khaimah, Abu Dhabi, Nairobi, the Maldives and Goa.
Qatar Airways continues to expand its already impressive network with the announcement of daily direct flights between Doha and Sydney as of the 1st March 2016.
The addition of the new route makes this the third Australian destination in the airline's network, with daily flights to Melbourne and Perth already in operation. The flights will reportedly depart in the evenings for both directions making this a convenient option for those travellers who are eager to book multi city holidays with Qatar Airways.
Akbar al Baker CEO of Qatar Airways - noted the importance of adding the new route both for his airline's growth strategy and for strengthening the ties between Qatar and Australia. He explained:
"We are delighted to debut our daily Sydney flights next March. The expansion of our Australia services will undoubtedly boost and strengthen the trade and commercial links that exist between Qatar and Australia, setting the stage for even more robust partnership opportunities in the near future."
Qatar Airways offers flights to over 150 destinations across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific, North America and South America. In operation for just 18 years, the airline is widely considered one of the fastest growing airlines in the world and has received many accolades along the way.
At the 26th Annual TTG Travel Awards in Thailand, Qatar Airways was voted as the Best Middle Eastern Airline for the 10th consecutive year. Following the announcement CEO al Baker stated:
"To retain this accolade for 10 consecutive years is a tremendous achievement – it speaks volumes about the commitment and quality of the entire Qatar Airways team, which works tirelessly to provide unforgettable in-flight experiences for our passengers. We take pride in offering our passengers best-in-class hospitality whenever they fly with us and are delighted that our efforts have paid off."
Additionally, at the 2015 Skytrax Awards in June 2015 the airline was name the World's best carrier for the third time.
Qatar Airways will utilize the Boeing 777-300 aircraft for the eagerly anticipated Doha- Sydney route. Passengers will be able to enjoy the award winning hospitality and in flight services that Qatar Airways is best known for.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself.
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...