Jamaica to finance $400,000 restoration of Milk River Hotel and Spa
The Ministry of Tourism and Entertainment in Jamaica has announced that the Milk River Hotel and Spa will undergo a $400,000 restoration programme. The work will be funded by the government's Tourism Enhancement Fund and will focus on renovating the west wing of the 20-room luxury hotel in Clarendon.
The Milk River Hotel and Spa will undergo an extensive restoration project, according to the Ministry of Tourism and Entertainment of Jamaica.
The 20-room government-owned hotel in Clarendon, Jamaica will carry out a $400,000 restoration programme on its west wing, which will include the upgrade of the property's electrical and plumbing systems, repairs to its ceilings, floors, and walls, and painting and decorating.
The work will be financed by the government's Tourism Enhancement Fund (TEF) and is expected to be finished by the end of September.
The Milk River Hotel and Spa is a historic hotel that has been a pilgrimage site for travellers seeking hydrotherapeutic treatments. With nine mineral baths that have water from a mineral spring sourced from the foothills of the point where Carpenter's Mountains meet the Vere Plains, visitors believe the water has healing properties. The baths are open to hotel guests 24 hours a day and they are also open to the general public for limited periods.
Wykeham McNeill, the Tourism Minister of Jamaica, commented:
"To date, the TEF has expended some $600,000 [for] the expansion of the pool, remodelling to facilitate disabled-friendly access, general refurbishing and rehabilitation of the property and major landscaping."
Jamaica is an island nation located in the Caribbean Sea and one of the world's leading tourist destinations. With vast white sand beaches fringed with warm azure ocean waters, luxury beachfront resorts, soaring mountains, cascading waterfalls, verdant undulating green hills, and dense forests, travellers will have plenty of opportunities to marvel at the country's breathtaking natural scenery.
Tourists can head to the island's natural wonders such as Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios, the five-mile-long Doctor's Cave Beach in Montego Bay, the tropical botanical gardens, and the soaring Blue Mountains.
The famous Bob Marley Museum, Kingston Harbour, and Rose Hall House, a former sugar plantation, are just a few of the attractions that entice international travellers to the beautiful island.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Indulge and revel in the lap of luxury with that special someone when you visit Jamaica.
- This adults-only hotel boasts ultimate tranquility
- Have an enjoyable evening with the nightly theme parties & live entertainment
- Enjoy endless daytime activities such snorkelling, sailing, basketball, catamarans & More
Enjoy free round-trip transfers and complimentary golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- Enjoy a holiday of a lifetime with various extras including free round trip transfers and complimentary 18-hole golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- Complimentary excursions including a trip to a popular sunset bar or a brillant catamaran cruise
- 24-Hour Gourmet Dining, Premium Alcoholic Beverages & Soft Drinks at a choice of 5 unique restaurants and 4 Bars including a Swim-up bar
- Incredible Savings of up to 50%, book and save up to £800 per person!
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
An exclusive, romantic Jamaican holiday awaits you at the Secrets St. James Montego Bay on a secluded beach with a...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Montego Bay offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...