Jamaica to finance $400,000 restoration of Milk River Hotel and Spa
The Ministry of Tourism and Entertainment in Jamaica has announced that the Milk River Hotel and Spa will undergo a $400,000 restoration programme. The work will be funded by the government's Tourism Enhancement Fund and will focus on renovating the west wing of the 20-room luxury hotel in Clarendon.
The Milk River Hotel and Spa will undergo an extensive restoration project, according to the Ministry of Tourism and Entertainment of Jamaica.
The 20-room government-owned hotel in Clarendon, Jamaica will carry out a $400,000 restoration programme on its west wing, which will include the upgrade of the property's electrical and plumbing systems, repairs to its ceilings, floors, and walls, and painting and decorating.
The work will be financed by the government's Tourism Enhancement Fund (TEF) and is expected to be finished by the end of September.
The Milk River Hotel and Spa is a historic hotel that has been a pilgrimage site for travellers seeking hydrotherapeutic treatments. With nine mineral baths that have water from a mineral spring sourced from the foothills of the point where Carpenter's Mountains meet the Vere Plains, visitors believe the water has healing properties. The baths are open to hotel guests 24 hours a day and they are also open to the general public for limited periods.
Wykeham McNeill, the Tourism Minister of Jamaica, commented:
"To date, the TEF has expended some $600,000 [for] the expansion of the pool, remodelling to facilitate disabled-friendly access, general refurbishing and rehabilitation of the property and major landscaping."
Jamaica is an island nation located in the Caribbean Sea and one of the world's leading tourist destinations. With vast white sand beaches fringed with warm azure ocean waters, luxury beachfront resorts, soaring mountains, cascading waterfalls, verdant undulating green hills, and dense forests, travellers will have plenty of opportunities to marvel at the country's breathtaking natural scenery.
Tourists can head to the island's natural wonders such as Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios, the five-mile-long Doctor's Cave Beach in Montego Bay, the tropical botanical gardens, and the soaring Blue Mountains.
The famous Bob Marley Museum, Kingston Harbour, and Rose Hall House, a former sugar plantation, are just a few of the attractions that entice international travellers to the beautiful island.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Enjoy the affordable Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay with a fantastic location
- Two Children, 12 years of age and younger stay and eat free of charge
- Choose thrilling water sports while your kids enjoy the Children's activity centre
- Summer 2018 Sale now extended, save £250 per person
- Enjoy buffet or a la carte meals as part of the All Inclusive concept at five on-site restaurants
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- July Special offers now in place with savings until 2019
- Unlimited-Fun® All Inclusive Resort with a selection of dining options for all the family
- On-site Waterpark featuring a Pirate ship, a lazy river and two waterslides
Indulge and revel in the lap of luxury at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay with that special someone when you visit Jamaica.
- Have an enjoyable evening with the nightly theme parties & live entertainment
- This adults-only hotel boasts ultimate tranquility and Unlimited All Inclusive
- Enjoy endless daytime activities such snorkelling, sailing, basketball, introductory scuba lessons & more
Discreet luxury at your beck and call under Jamaican sunshine with everything you love, with virtually no limits
Let the most romantic of retreats seduce you and a loved one into a sheer state atof bliss when you stay at Couples Sans Souci.
- Summer Savings with incredible discounts of up to 42% for travel up until 2019
- Includes unlimited premium alcoholic beverages, 24 hour casual to gourmet dining, complimentary airport transfers and more
- Exclusive offsite excursions come included in the package including Dunn's River Falls and Margaritaville
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights at Sunscape Splash Montego Bay. Located...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a picture postcard made real. Secrets Wild Orchid sits in one of Jamaica's premier resorts,...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...