Jamaica to finance $400,000 restoration of Milk River Hotel and Spa
The Ministry of Tourism and Entertainment in Jamaica has announced that the Milk River Hotel and Spa will undergo a $400,000 restoration programme. The work will be funded by the government's Tourism Enhancement Fund and will focus on renovating the west wing of the 20-room luxury hotel in Clarendon.
The Milk River Hotel and Spa will undergo an extensive restoration project, according to the Ministry of Tourism and Entertainment of Jamaica.
The 20-room government-owned hotel in Clarendon, Jamaica will carry out a $400,000 restoration programme on its west wing, which will include the upgrade of the property's electrical and plumbing systems, repairs to its ceilings, floors, and walls, and painting and decorating.
The work will be financed by the government's Tourism Enhancement Fund (TEF) and is expected to be finished by the end of September.
The Milk River Hotel and Spa is a historic hotel that has been a pilgrimage site for travellers seeking hydrotherapeutic treatments. With nine mineral baths that have water from a mineral spring sourced from the foothills of the point where Carpenter's Mountains meet the Vere Plains, visitors believe the water has healing properties. The baths are open to hotel guests 24 hours a day and they are also open to the general public for limited periods.
Wykeham McNeill, the Tourism Minister of Jamaica, commented:
"To date, the TEF has expended some $600,000 [for] the expansion of the pool, remodelling to facilitate disabled-friendly access, general refurbishing and rehabilitation of the property and major landscaping."
Jamaica is an island nation located in the Caribbean Sea and one of the world's leading tourist destinations. With vast white sand beaches fringed with warm azure ocean waters, luxury beachfront resorts, soaring mountains, cascading waterfalls, verdant undulating green hills, and dense forests, travellers will have plenty of opportunities to marvel at the country's breathtaking natural scenery.
Tourists can head to the island's natural wonders such as Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios, the five-mile-long Doctor's Cave Beach in Montego Bay, the tropical botanical gardens, and the soaring Blue Mountains.
The famous Bob Marley Museum, Kingston Harbour, and Rose Hall House, a former sugar plantation, are just a few of the attractions that entice international travellers to the beautiful island.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- 2018 Early Booking Offer: Stay 7 Pay 6, Stay 14 Pay 11!
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Immerse yourself in a vareity of complimentary activities, excursions and spa treatments
- Incredible resort credit upto $2500 FREE to be used to swim with dolphins, upgrade your wine, spa treatments and much more!
- The Holiday Place Offer - Stay for 7 nights and only pay for 6!
- Relish complimentary perks including a bottle of red wine upon arrival, spa treatments, tours, activities and much more.
- Kids Stay, Play and Eat free!
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights. Located on the white sand beaches of...
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...
Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Montego Bay offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical...