Jamaica to finance $400,000 restoration of Milk River Hotel and Spa
The Ministry of Tourism and Entertainment in Jamaica has announced that the Milk River Hotel and Spa will undergo a $400,000 restoration programme. The work will be funded by the government's Tourism Enhancement Fund and will focus on renovating the west wing of the 20-room luxury hotel in Clarendon.
The Milk River Hotel and Spa will undergo an extensive restoration project, according to the Ministry of Tourism and Entertainment of Jamaica.
The 20-room government-owned hotel in Clarendon, Jamaica will carry out a $400,000 restoration programme on its west wing, which will include the upgrade of the property's electrical and plumbing systems, repairs to its ceilings, floors, and walls, and painting and decorating.
The work will be financed by the government's Tourism Enhancement Fund (TEF) and is expected to be finished by the end of September.
The Milk River Hotel and Spa is a historic hotel that has been a pilgrimage site for travellers seeking hydrotherapeutic treatments. With nine mineral baths that have water from a mineral spring sourced from the foothills of the point where Carpenter's Mountains meet the Vere Plains, visitors believe the water has healing properties. The baths are open to hotel guests 24 hours a day and they are also open to the general public for limited periods.
Wykeham McNeill, the Tourism Minister of Jamaica, commented:
"To date, the TEF has expended some $600,000 [for] the expansion of the pool, remodelling to facilitate disabled-friendly access, general refurbishing and rehabilitation of the property and major landscaping."
Jamaica is an island nation located in the Caribbean Sea and one of the world's leading tourist destinations. With vast white sand beaches fringed with warm azure ocean waters, luxury beachfront resorts, soaring mountains, cascading waterfalls, verdant undulating green hills, and dense forests, travellers will have plenty of opportunities to marvel at the country's breathtaking natural scenery.
Tourists can head to the island's natural wonders such as Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios, the five-mile-long Doctor's Cave Beach in Montego Bay, the tropical botanical gardens, and the soaring Blue Mountains.
The famous Bob Marley Museum, Kingston Harbour, and Rose Hall House, a former sugar plantation, are just a few of the attractions that entice international travellers to the beautiful island.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
Discover Unlimited-Fun® with warm Jamaican hospitality in Montego Bay with a complimentary upgrade and resort coupons
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- Book and receive an upgrade to the next available room category plus $200 resort coupons per room
- Pirate's Paradise Waterpark on-site featuring a pirate ship and two waterslides
- The Montego Bay Marine Park location offers protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Book and save over £500 per family with discounted rates for 2017 and 2018 and up to 2 Kids stay FREE
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
Immerse yourself in a vareity of complimentary activities, excursions and spa treatments at Moon Palace Jamaica
- Relish complimentary perks including a bottle of red wine upon arrival, spa treatments, tours, activities and much more
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- Incredible resort credit upto $2500 FREE to be used to swim with dolphins, upgrade your wine, spa treatments and much more!
Holiday Inn Resort offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical gardens. The resort has a...
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights. Located on the white sand beaches of...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...