RAK partners with two charter companies to attract 60,000 tourists this winter
The northern United Arab Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah (RAK) is planning to lure 60,000 tourists on charter flights from all over Europe this winter. The emirate has teamed up with two charter flight companies to transport holidaymakers to the destination in the Middle East during its peak season between October and May.
Ras Al Khaimah (RAK) is looking to attract more than 60,000 holidaymakers from all over Europe this winter on charter flights.
The destination in the United Arab Emirates has partnered with two flight companies in Europe to offer charter flights during the peak season between October and May.
The Sun Express, which is owned by German tour operator FTI, can transport up to 40,000 tourists to RAK, and the Itaka Travel Agency in Poland could provide charter flights for up to 20,000 holidaymakers.
Haitham Mattar, the Chief Executive of Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority (RAK TDA), explained:
"That is our premium peak period for us. Besides the charter flights, we do receive a high number of tourists that come through scheduled flights from Air Arabia into Sharjah and RAK, as well as Emirates airline into Dubai."
Ras Al Khaimah is working on the development of new luxury resorts to accommodate the tourists, and the emirate is expecting to receive one million travellers in 2018. Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority is working with the tourism authorities in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, to create twin-centre packages for stopovers in the emirate, with Britain, Russia and Germany among the top tourist source markets.
Ras Al Khaimah is one of seven states in the United Arab Emirates and it is emerging as a new tourist destination in the Middle East thanks to its stunning stretches of golden sandy beaches and the recent development of many new luxury hotels.
Situated in the north, bordering the Sultanate of Oman, it's a hotspot for adventure-lovers due its access to the beautiful mountains, red sandy desert, green plains, creeks and turquoise lagoons, and 64 kilometres of coastline with an array of pristine white sandy beaches.
With two championship golf courses, travellers can enjoy games of golf as well as a wide range of outdoor activities such as swimming, fishing, desert tours by safari, traditional Bedouin desert camping, or fun for all ages at Iceland Water Park.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Ras Al Khaimah Browse all
Discover archaeological treasures in the most heritage rich of the UAE, Ras Al Khaimah and stay in the comfort of the city centre Hilton Treetops Hotel.
- Roof top swimming pool and stunning spa
- Enjoy a drink at the tree top bar offering stunning views and listen to the chill-out music from the resident DJ.
- Guests can enjoy free access to Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort and spa private beach only a short distance from the hotel . Free shuttle transfer is included
Get the royal treatment at an exclusive island retreat where everything is designed with your ultimate pampering in mind.
- Add a VIP package, including No.1 Gatwick Lounge Access, Dubai Airport Fast Track and tickets to Burj Khalifa, from Â£99 per person
- Create a true sensory experience with tailored treatments, relaxing massages, traditional Turkish and Moroccan Hammams
- Explore local wildlife beauty with discovery walks, traditional camel rides, rock climbing, desert safaris and more
- Sink into spacious rooms and suites set in sophisticated Moorish design and featuring first-class amenities
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Immerse yourself within the glittering and trendy United Arab Emirates from the lavish Rixos twin centres
Combine the dazzling Dubai experience with a relaxing beach retreat in Ras al Khaimah
- Two beautiful UAE settings with glorious views
- A huge vareity of thrilling activities and excursions on offer
- Plentiful Food options to suit every taste
With a good choice of amenities, surrounded by landscaped gardens and an 18-hole golf course, Hilton Al Hamra Beach is a...
Located on the man-made island of Al Marjan, Rixos Bab Al Bahr lies near Ras Al Khaimah. Everything from tourist...
If you need to escape the world, even for just a weekend, the Cove Rotana Resort in Ras Al Khaimah is the perfect hotel...
Set just a few minutes away from the city centre, Mangrove Hotel By Bin Majid Hotels and Resort would be an ideal choice...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...
Beautify designed Acacia Hotel By Bin Majid Hotels and Resorts is located in the business district of Ras Al Khaimah...