RAK partners with two charter companies to attract 60,000 tourists this winter
The northern United Arab Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah (RAK) is planning to lure 60,000 tourists on charter flights from all over Europe this winter. The emirate has teamed up with two charter flight companies to transport holidaymakers to the destination in the Middle East during its peak season between October and May.
Ras Al Khaimah (RAK) is looking to attract more than 60,000 holidaymakers from all over Europe this winter on charter flights.
The destination in the United Arab Emirates has partnered with two flight companies in Europe to offer charter flights during the peak season between October and May.
The Sun Express, which is owned by German tour operator FTI, can transport up to 40,000 tourists to RAK, and the Itaka Travel Agency in Poland could provide charter flights for up to 20,000 holidaymakers.
Haitham Mattar, the Chief Executive of Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority (RAK TDA), explained:
"That is our premium peak period for us. Besides the charter flights, we do receive a high number of tourists that come through scheduled flights from Air Arabia into Sharjah and RAK, as well as Emirates airline into Dubai."
Ras Al Khaimah is working on the development of new luxury resorts to accommodate the tourists, and the emirate is expecting to receive one million travellers in 2018. Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority is working with the tourism authorities in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, to create twin-centre packages for stopovers in the emirate, with Britain, Russia and Germany among the top tourist source markets.
Ras Al Khaimah is one of seven states in the United Arab Emirates and it is emerging as a new tourist destination in the Middle East thanks to its stunning stretches of golden sandy beaches and the recent development of many new luxury hotels.
Situated in the north, bordering the Sultanate of Oman, it's a hotspot for adventure-lovers due its access to the beautiful mountains, red sandy desert, green plains, creeks and turquoise lagoons, and 64 kilometres of coastline with an array of pristine white sandy beaches.
With two championship golf courses, travellers can enjoy games of golf as well as a wide range of outdoor activities such as swimming, fishing, desert tours by safari, traditional Bedouin desert camping, or fun for all ages at Iceland Water Park.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Ras Al Khaimah Browse all
Warm and cosy atmosphere in the 54 individually-styled villas offering 219 rooms and suites
- Make the most of your dream holiday while your kids are having fun at the outdoor open air play area
- Complimentary shuttle bus to Dubai Mall
- Best quality services including health club, gymnasium, sauna and much more
Traditional charm embraces Arabian culture at the five-star The Cove Rotana, located on a private inlet with 600 metres of pristine beach.
- Enjoy the fantastic array of facilities for kids including children's menu and kids club
- Benefit from 2 Nights of All Inclusive Dinner to Basilico Restaurant with 3 Courses Set Menu
- Up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Offering a big variety of activities and facilities to meet the needs of all sort of travellers
- Abundance of fun activities such as jet-skiing or relax in one of two luxury spas
- With 650-meter private beach, 5 temperature-controlled swimming pools, 24-hour Fitness Center that will make your trip unforgetable experience
- Up to 2 children eat and stay for free!
Enjoy a varied selection of sports activities and evening entertainments
- Relax by the resort's infinity pool overlooking the clear waters of the ocean and providing cool leisure and refreshments
- Rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit with the magical touch of various spa treatments
- Discover the fascinating ancient desert art while learning about falconry in an exclusive session with a professional falconer
With a good choice of amenities, surrounded by landscaped gardens and an 18-hole golf course, Hilton Al Hamra Beach is a...
Located on the man-made island of Al Marjan, Rixos Bab Al Bahr lies near Ras Al Khaimah. Everything from tourist...
If you need to escape the world, even for just a weekend, the Cove Rotana Resort in Ras Al Khaimah is the perfect hotel...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...
Pamper yourself at Al Hamra Village Golf & Beach resort - one the most picturesque resorts of Ras Al Khaimah. The hotel...
With breathe taking views of the Persian Gulf and Marjan Island, al hamra residence is neatly nestled in between a...