RAK's Al Hamra Village development hits major milestone
The Al Hamra Village development in Ras Al Khaimah continues to generate interest in the property development industry. Phase one of the Falcon Island project has already sold out and Phase two is expected to generate a similar level of interest. Al Hamra Village stretches across 77 million square feet and will feature private residences along with five luxury resorts and other amenities.
Officials have announced that Phase one of the Falcon Island development in Ras Al Khaimah has been completely sold out with Phase two expected generate a similar level of interest following its recent launch at the 2015 Cityscape Global property development conference held in Dubai.
The ultra exclusive Falcon Island is part of the 77 million square feet Al Hamra Village in RAK. The Al Hamra Village project will house over 1000 villas and town homes, 2500 residential apartments, an 18-hole golf course, a marina, a shopping mall and five luxury hotels and resorts including the Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah, the Hilton Al Hamra Beach and Golf Resort and the Banyan Tree Ras Al Khaimah.
The work on Al Hamra Village first began in 2014 and the project will be completed in December 2017.
RAK has been making waves in the property development industry since announcing the Al Hamra Village project. The addition of five luxury hotels operated by well known brands is also a major coup for RAK's tourism industry as they are likely to attract more travellers to book holidays in RAK once the project is completed.
In 2014 Ras Al Khaimah's tourism industry was bolstered by the addition of new hotels such as the Double Tree Hilton resort and spa on Marjan Island and the Rixos Bab Al Bahr Resort.
Revenues rose by 44 per cent when compared to the previous year. That growth trend has continued in 2015, with a 26 per cent growth recorded for the first quarter of 2015. Continued growth is RAK's tourism sector will be key to reaching Sheikh Saud Bin Saqr Al Qasimi's long term goal of achieving economic diversification in light of the fact that RAK, unlike many of its regional peers, lacks significant hydrocarbon reserves.
The local tourism Development Authority is said to be working on a strategy to boost RAK's tourism profile particularly in key source markets such as the UK, Russia, Germany, Saudi Arabia, UAE and Kuwait. Officials recently hosted a two day brand strategy workshop in collaboration with the international creative agency TBWA.
The CEO of Ras Al Khaimah's Tourism Development Authority (TDA) Haitham Mattar hailed the conference as a success stating:
"... this is the first step to defining a clear roadmap and vision for the destination. It has helped us gain clarity about our brand proposition and has given us a focused purpose for Ras Al Khaimah".
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Ras Al Khaimah Browse all
Get the royal treatment at an exclusive island retreat where everything is designed with your ultimate pampering in mind.
- Add a VIP package, including No.1 Gatwick Lounge Access, Dubai Airport Fast Track and tickets to Burj Khalifa, from Â£99 per person
- Create a true sensory experience with tailored treatments, relaxing massages, traditional Turkish and Moroccan Hammams
- Explore local wildlife beauty with discovery walks, traditional camel rides, rock climbing, desert safaris and more
- Sink into spacious rooms and suites set in sophisticated Moorish design and featuring first-class amenities
Plush accommodation, sumptuous interiors, lavish facilities and outstanding fine dining experiences come together for the ultimate luxury holiday of a lifetime.
- Take advantage of the 350m stretch of private beach and great range of outdoor activities with the chance to play golf under the stars
- Up to 2 children eat and stay for free
- FAMILY PACKAGES from £ 1749 for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
Traditional charm embraces Arabian culture at the five-star The Cove Rotana, located on a private inlet with 600 metres of pristine beach.
- Enjoy the fantastic array of facilities for kids including children's menu and kids club
- Benefit from 2 Nights of All Inclusive Dinner to Basilico Restaurant with 3 Courses Set Menu
- Up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Immerse yourself within the glittering and trendy United Arab Emirates from the lavish Rixos twin centres
Combine the dazzling Dubai experience with a relaxing beach retreat in Ras al Khaimah
- Two beautiful UAE settings with glorious views
- A huge vareity of thrilling activities and excursions on offer
- Plentiful Food options to suit every taste
With a good choice of amenities, surrounded by landscaped gardens and an 18-hole golf course, Hilton Al Hamra Beach is a...
If you need to escape the world, even for just a weekend, the Cove Rotana Resort in Ras Al Khaimah is the perfect hotel...
Located on the man-made island of Al Marjan, Rixos Bab Al Bahr lies near Ras Al Khaimah. Everything from tourist...
Set just a few minutes away from the city centre, Mangrove Hotel By Bin Majid Hotels and Resort would be an ideal choice...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...
Beautify designed Acacia Hotel By Bin Majid Hotels and Resorts is located in the business district of Ras Al Khaimah...