Hotel occupancy levels in Cancun up by 2.5 percent in first half of 2015
The Cancun Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) has recorded 93 per cent occupancy rates for its hotels during the first half of 2015. This is a 2.5 per cent increase compared to 2015, and has been helped by hotel renovations, the opening of new attractions, and increased flight connectivity to the region in Mexico.
Hotel occupancy rates in Cancun have increased by 2.5 per cent in the first six months of 2015, according to data released by the Cancun Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB).
Cancun recorded occupancy rates of 93 per cent in the first half of this year, and the destination in Mexico looks set to break its record for tourist arrivals by the end of 2015.
The region is outperforming other destinations with Caribbean hotels averaging at 67 per cent occupancy during the same period, 61 per cent in the United States, 61 per cent in Europe, and 66 per cent in the Middle East.
In 2014, Cancun received 4.8 million holidaymakers, which marked a 7.5 per cent increase compared to 2013, and 202,276 of these arrivals were from Europe.
"If 2014 is any indication, we are confident that 2015 will be another record-breaking year for Cancun."
Stated Jesus Almaguer, the CEO of the Cancun CVB. The increase in occupancy levels in Cancun is said to have been helped by hotel renovations, the opening of new attractions, and increased flight connectivity.
Located on the strip of Caribbean coastline on Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula, Cancun is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the country, and the city is full of upscale hotels and resorts, gourmet restaurants, nightclubs, tourist attractions, shops and boutiques, world-class golf courses, and fun activities.
In 1970, Cancun was an uninhabited area full of unexplored beaches and dense mangroves, but over the past four decades, the region has become a thriving destination for sun-seekers, spring breakers, and nature-lovers.
Holidaymakers can scuba dive beneath the surface of the crystal clear turquoise ocean to explore the famous underwater museum and spectacular marine life; trek through lush rainforests that are thriving with diverse wildlife; go zip lining through verdant jungles; or take tours of the region's ancient Mayan ruins and temples such as Coba, Ek Balam, San Gervasio, Xcaret, and Chichen Itza.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
At Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, you will experience unlimited all inclusive luxury 24 Hours a day - it's the holiday of a lifetime
- Unlimited-Luxury with gourmet dining and premium beverages in a choice of six reservation-free restaurants and five stylish bars
- Enjoy endless activities - from kayaking to snorkelling, windsurfing and much more
- Pamper yourself with innovative treatments at the Now Spa by Pevonia
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
No matter if you're returning or if this is your first time to Cancun, days full of entertainment and fine dining at the...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...