Hotel occupancy levels in Cancun up by 2.5 percent in first half of 2015
The Cancun Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) has recorded 93 per cent occupancy rates for its hotels during the first half of 2015. This is a 2.5 per cent increase compared to 2015, and has been helped by hotel renovations, the opening of new attractions, and increased flight connectivity to the region in Mexico.
Hotel occupancy rates in Cancun have increased by 2.5 per cent in the first six months of 2015, according to data released by the Cancun Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB).
Cancun recorded occupancy rates of 93 per cent in the first half of this year, and the destination in Mexico looks set to break its record for tourist arrivals by the end of 2015.
The region is outperforming other destinations with Caribbean hotels averaging at 67 per cent occupancy during the same period, 61 per cent in the United States, 61 per cent in Europe, and 66 per cent in the Middle East.
In 2014, Cancun received 4.8 million holidaymakers, which marked a 7.5 per cent increase compared to 2013, and 202,276 of these arrivals were from Europe.
"If 2014 is any indication, we are confident that 2015 will be another record-breaking year for Cancun."
Stated Jesus Almaguer, the CEO of the Cancun CVB. The increase in occupancy levels in Cancun is said to have been helped by hotel renovations, the opening of new attractions, and increased flight connectivity.
Located on the strip of Caribbean coastline on Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula, Cancun is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the country, and the city is full of upscale hotels and resorts, gourmet restaurants, nightclubs, tourist attractions, shops and boutiques, world-class golf courses, and fun activities.
In 1970, Cancun was an uninhabited area full of unexplored beaches and dense mangroves, but over the past four decades, the region has become a thriving destination for sun-seekers, spring breakers, and nature-lovers.
Holidaymakers can scuba dive beneath the surface of the crystal clear turquoise ocean to explore the famous underwater museum and spectacular marine life; trek through lush rainforests that are thriving with diverse wildlife; go zip lining through verdant jungles; or take tours of the region's ancient Mayan ruins and temples such as Coba, Ek Balam, San Gervasio, Xcaret, and Chichen Itza.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Unwind and relax on a pristine beach knowing your kids are enjoying endless endless activities, designed especially for them at the Treasure Island Water Park
- Enjoy a film at the onsite private cinema
- Dine at a wide range of 10 restaurants & 11 bars
- Make a splash at Treasure Island Water Park
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Step into every scuba divers paradise during an 8-day holiday to the beautiful Mexican island of Cozumel, where...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...