Hotel occupancy levels in Cancun up by 2.5 percent in first half of 2015
The Cancun Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) has recorded 93 per cent occupancy rates for its hotels during the first half of 2015. This is a 2.5 per cent increase compared to 2015, and has been helped by hotel renovations, the opening of new attractions, and increased flight connectivity to the region in Mexico.
Hotel occupancy rates in Cancun have increased by 2.5 per cent in the first six months of 2015, according to data released by the Cancun Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB).
Cancun recorded occupancy rates of 93 per cent in the first half of this year, and the destination in Mexico looks set to break its record for tourist arrivals by the end of 2015.
The region is outperforming other destinations with Caribbean hotels averaging at 67 per cent occupancy during the same period, 61 per cent in the United States, 61 per cent in Europe, and 66 per cent in the Middle East.
In 2014, Cancun received 4.8 million holidaymakers, which marked a 7.5 per cent increase compared to 2013, and 202,276 of these arrivals were from Europe.
"If 2014 is any indication, we are confident that 2015 will be another record-breaking year for Cancun."
Stated Jesus Almaguer, the CEO of the Cancun CVB. The increase in occupancy levels in Cancun is said to have been helped by hotel renovations, the opening of new attractions, and increased flight connectivity.
Located on the strip of Caribbean coastline on Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula, Cancun is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the country, and the city is full of upscale hotels and resorts, gourmet restaurants, nightclubs, tourist attractions, shops and boutiques, world-class golf courses, and fun activities.
In 1970, Cancun was an uninhabited area full of unexplored beaches and dense mangroves, but over the past four decades, the region has become a thriving destination for sun-seekers, spring breakers, and nature-lovers.
Holidaymakers can scuba dive beneath the surface of the crystal clear turquoise ocean to explore the famous underwater museum and spectacular marine life; trek through lush rainforests that are thriving with diverse wildlife; go zip lining through verdant jungles; or take tours of the region's ancient Mayan ruins and temples such as Coba, Ek Balam, San Gervasio, Xcaret, and Chichen Itza.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...