Conde Nast Traveller hails La Mamounia Marrakech as the world's best hotel
Trusted travel magazine Conde Nast Traveller has released the results of its 2015 annual Readers' Travel Awards. Marrakech's beloved La Mamounia had been named as the world's best hotel, toping a list of 100 prestigious hotels from all around the world.
Conde Nast Traveller recently released the results of their annual Readers' Travel Awards where the readers of the popular travel site are asked to choose and rate their top selections across a range of categories including best hotel and best overall holiday destination.
La Mamounia in Marrakech was named the best hotel, outperforming 99 other top hotels from around the world with an impressive score of 93.76.
This is not the first time La Mamounia has been recognized as a top hotel. Holidaymakers and industry experts have been lavishing praise on La Mamounia since it first opened its doors in 1923. Most notably, UK Prime Minister Winston Churchill once described La Mamounia to US president Fraklin Delano Roosevelt as: "the best address in the world."
The 209 room hotel has also been named by Tatler Travel Guide as the hotel of the year in 2010 and the Best Resort by Travel and Leisure in 2010. La Mamounia's spa has also earned the hotel rave reviews with Conde Naste labeling it as the world's best hotel spa in 2011.
Although, Italy took home this year's Conde Nast Readers' Travel Award for the favorite holiday destination, Marrakech, home to La Mamounia is also a popular choice among holidaymakers particularly those who are keen on cultural holidays. Marrakech recently took home the 2015 Trip Advisor Travelers' Choice award for the world's top holiday destination.
The popular travel review website described Marrakech as:
"... a magical place, brimming with markets, gardens, palaces, and mosques. Exploring the intimate courtyards and snaking alleyways of the historic Medina can easily eat up a day. Find inner peace at the serene Jardin Majorelle or take in the beauty of one of the city's historic mosques."
It would seem that both La Mamounia and its home city Marrakech have a lot to celebrate despite the reported decline in the number of arrivals to Morocco during the first quarter of 2015. Wide spread media coverage that these high profile awards have attracted in recent months can serve to boost Marrakech's image as a leading holiday destination.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Morocco Browse all
A historic mansion dating back to 1933, this is one of the most quaint hotels in Fez located in the centre of Fez Medina
- Allow the staff to organise a custom-made excursion that's just right for you
- With only 7 rooms, you're sure to get personalised service at its very best
- Be entertained by henna sessions, cooking lessons and music shows
Soak up that much-needed vitamin D form a panoramic resort facing a 7-kilometre beach
- A wide range of activities to enjoy such as beach football, volleyball, table tennis and much more
- Free Wireless Internet in addition to the comfortable accommodations with spectacular sea views
- Leave behind everyday stress and benefit from all spa treatments or enjoy the Yoga and Pilates Classes
Discover Morocco with plenty of opportunities for relaxations and entertainment for the whole family
Benefit from the private balcony with wonderful garden or sea views at Agadir Beach Club
- Never waste a minute of your holiday with the activities for everyone to enjoy - indoor pool, kids' club, beach volleyball, table tennis and more
- Relax and enjoy the fabulous spa services and all massage treatment rooms
- Elegant and modern restaurants offering international, seafood, French, Moroccan and Italian cuisines
The ideal luxury hideaway for rich Moroccan culture with a dash of coastal recreation and sun-seeking pleasures.
- All rooms come equipped with satellite TV and Wi-Fi Internet access
- The So Lounge, Bar & Restaurant has separate sections with a DJ, live music, contemporary Moroccan cuisine and Zen calm and comfort private boxes
- Great for sport lovers, with kayaking, tennis, table tennis, volleyball, windsurfing and more available
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Often described as the "genuine real life encyclopedia of Moroccan traditional arts" with its grand decor,...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...
Oozing Moroccan charm through all its pores, this elegant and picturesque boutique hotel and "maison" sitting...
An elegant and refined hotel, the Pickalbatros Royal Mirage Fes, a previous Sheraton property, welcomes guests to a...