Vietnam Airlines Welcomes first Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner flight to London Heathrow
Vietnam Airlines has launched its first flight between Vietnam and Heathrow in London on its first Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner. The debut flight was welcomed at Heathrow Airport by the Vietnamese ambassador to the UK, Nguyen Van Thao, and the airline will operate five weekly nonstop services on the aircraft between Heathrow and Hanoi/Ho Chi Minh City.
Vietnam Airlines celebrate the arrival of its debut flight to Heathrow on its first Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner.
The flight arrived at London Heathrow Airport (LHR) last week from Vietnam and was welcomed by Nguyen Van Thao, the Vietnamese ambassador to the UK.
Heathrow is the first international destination to be served by the new aircraft and its arrival was welcomed with a ceremony in Terminal 4's SkyTeam Lounge which was attended by Le Thanh Dzung, the General Manager UK and Ireland, Vietnam Airlines, and David O'Leary, the Head of Customer Relations and Service at T4, Heathrow. The VIP guests were then invited on to the aircraft for a tour of its stylish new high-tech cabin.
Vietnam Airlines operates five weekly nonstop flights between Hanoi/Ho Chi Minh City and Heathrow, all of which are operated on new Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner aircraft. Flights are expected to increase to six a week and a daily service during the summer of 2016.
The aircraft will replace the airline's fleet of widebody aircraft, and by 2019, 19 Boeing 787s will be delivered to Vietnam Airlines, as well as 14 Airbus A350-900 XWBs, as part of an extensive expansion project.
The Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner aircraft have fully flat beds in Business Class, with in-flight Wi-Fi services, and passengers in all three cabin classes can enjoy larger windows, stow bins, modern LED lighting, higher humidity and cleaner air, lower cabin pressure and a smoother, quieter ride.
Vietnam Airlines is headquartered in Hanoi, and operates 94 routes to 21 domestic and 29 international destinations, with more than 300 daily flights on a young fleet of modern aircraft made up of Boeing 777s, Airbus A330s and Airbus A321s, from July 2015, Airbus A350XWBs and Boeing 787-9s.
Shaped like a seahorse, Vietnam is a country in South East Asia that is rich in history, heritage and culture. The country is home to an array of stunning natural landscapes such as the Marble Mountains, terraced rice fields, vast sandy beaches, and emerald undulating hills.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Vietnam Browse all
Feel at one with the surroundings at the beautiful Mango Bay Resort
- Mango Bay has been supporting wildlife at risk (WAR) since 2006, and has even discovered many new species on Phu Quoc Island
- Revitalise your mind, body and spirit with Yoga and Tai Chi on the beach
- Snorkel and scuba dive around the nearby islands with Flipper Diving Club and discover the truly stunning and beautiful world underwater
A fantastic value trip, exploring Vietnam's most iconic cities and natural wonders with added downtime to relax on the beach
- English-speaking guides and entrance fees included
- Extend your holiday with a break in Cambodia or on the beaches of Phu Quoc
- Day cruise on Halong Bay with lunch included
Get under the skin of Vietnam with an adventurous tour taking in the classic sights as well as getting off the beaten track
- Overnight train to Sapa - hike through the hills and meet remote communities
- Overnight cruise down the Mekong River on a converted rice barge with all modern amenities
- Spend the night in Halong Bay and see the sun rise over the remarkable karst landscape (includes meals)
Experience all the natural beauty and cultural variety of Vietnam on a deluxe tour
- Five-star hotels throughout
- Overnight Halong Bay cruise on a traditionally designed junk boat with meals included
- Time to relax on the stunning beaches of central Vietnam
Exotic and compelling, Vietnam is one of the most remarkable travel destinations in the world. Take in all the classics...
Wander from exciting cities to astonishing scenic beauty via peaceful beaches and the best preserved old towns in...
See all the most iconic sights of Indochina on this trip of a lifetime through Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Explore the...
The Merperle Sea Sun hotel is set in the heart of the picturesque seaside city, Nha Trang. Surrounded on all three...
Discover the beauty of a superb Sandy Beach Non Nuoc Resort Danang, located by the pristine stretch of beach and...