Ras Al Khaimah to add another 10,000 hotel rooms by 2022
Ras Al Khaimah is planning to add 10,000 hotel and apartment room keys by 2022 as part of a significant growth strategy, according to the Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority (TDA). The rooms will target 30 hotels in the United Arab Emirate and they will range from mid-scale service apartments to five-star luxury resorts.
Ras Al Khaimah is looking to add a further 10,000 hotel rooms to its apartment and hotel offerings by the end of 2022.
According to the CEO of Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority (TDA), Haitham Mattar, the move comes as part of an aggressive growth strategy detailed in Ras Al Khaimah.
Mr Mattar explained:
"Ras Al Khaimah saw 730,000 visitors last year, with the 2015 target set at 850,000 by year-end. Over the next two years, we will be adding over 1,000 new rooms to accommodate the tourism growth."
"Al Marjan Island is one of our main stays, with the 2.7 million square feet of land ready to accommodate 30 new hotels, which would add up to around 15,000 room keys to the emirate by 2022."
Ras Al Khaimah currently has 5,000 hotel rooms, and the emirate is looking to add another 1,000 rooms by 2017.
Marriott International will be building a 300-room resort in RAK by the first quarter of 2018, in a joint venture with ASQ, the private investment vehicle of His Highness Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saqr Al Qasimi.
Situated in the northern part of Ras Al Khaimah, the luxury beachfront hotel will have 45 lavish suites, six restaurants and bars, health and leisure facilities, meeting and event space, and guests will have direct access to a private beach.
The emirate is emerging as a popular tourist destination in the United Arab Emirates and visitor arrivals increased by 17 per cent in the first quarter of 2015 compared to the same period last year.
Mattar added that the Tourism Authority is in talks with international airlines to operate new services to the emirate. He explained:
"We are in talks with global airlines about using RAK International Airport as an operational base, which will ultimately support over 400,000 visitors flying in and out of the airport directly on an annual basis. We expect to be able to make an announcement within the coming weeks."
The emirate of Ras Al Khaimah is in the north, bordering the Sultanate of Oman, and it's a hotspot for adventure-lovers due its access to the beautiful Hajjar Mountains, red sandy desert, green plains, creeks and lagoons, and 64 kilometres of coast line with pristine white sandy beaches.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Ras Al Khaimah Browse all
Discover archaeological treasures in the most heritage rich of the UAE, Ras Al Khaimah and stay in the comfort of the city centre Hilton Treetops Hotel.
- Roof top swimming pool and stunning spa
- Enjoy a drink at the tree top bar offering stunning views and listen to the chill-out music from the resident DJ.
- Guests can enjoy free access to Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort and spa private beach only a short distance from the hotel . Free shuttle transfer is included
Enjoy a varied selection of fun activities and evening entertainment at an outstandingly beautiful beach and golf resort.
- Luxuriate at the Spa and select from an array of water sports while children have fun at the Kids' Club
- FAMILY PACKAGES from £ 1649 for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Get the royal treatment at an exclusive island retreat where everything is designed with your ultimate pampering in mind.
- Add a VIP package, including No.1 Gatwick Lounge Access, Dubai Airport Fast Track and tickets to Burj Khalifa, from Â£99 per person
- Create a true sensory experience with tailored treatments, relaxing massages, traditional Turkish and Moroccan Hammams
- Explore local wildlife beauty with discovery walks, traditional camel rides, rock climbing, desert safaris and more
- Sink into spacious rooms and suites set in sophisticated Moorish design and featuring first-class amenities
Immerse yourself within the glittering and trendy United Arab Emirates from the lavish Rixos twin centres
Combine the dazzling Dubai experience with a relaxing beach retreat in Ras al Khaimah
- Two beautiful UAE settings with glorious views
- A huge vareity of thrilling activities and excursions on offer
- Plentiful Food options to suit every taste
With a good choice of amenities, surrounded by landscaped gardens and an 18-hole golf course, Hilton Al Hamra Beach is a...
Located on the man-made island of Al Marjan, Rixos Bab Al Bahr lies near Ras Al Khaimah. Everything from tourist...
Discover the beauty of Ras al Khaimah during your stay at the luxurious Doubletree by Hilton Resort and Spa Marjan...
Set just a few minutes away from the city centre, Mangrove Hotel By Bin Majid Hotels and Resort would be an ideal choice...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...
Beautify designed Acacia Hotel By Bin Majid Hotels and Resorts is located in the business district of Ras Al Khaimah...