Ras Al Khaimah to add another 10,000 hotel rooms by 2022
Ras Al Khaimah is planning to add 10,000 hotel and apartment room keys by 2022 as part of a significant growth strategy, according to the Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority (TDA). The rooms will target 30 hotels in the United Arab Emirate and they will range from mid-scale service apartments to five-star luxury resorts.
Ras Al Khaimah is looking to add a further 10,000 hotel rooms to its apartment and hotel offerings by the end of 2022.
According to the CEO of Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority (TDA), Haitham Mattar, the move comes as part of an aggressive growth strategy detailed in Ras Al Khaimah.
Mr Mattar explained:
"Ras Al Khaimah saw 730,000 visitors last year, with the 2015 target set at 850,000 by year-end. Over the next two years, we will be adding over 1,000 new rooms to accommodate the tourism growth."
"Al Marjan Island is one of our main stays, with the 2.7 million square feet of land ready to accommodate 30 new hotels, which would add up to around 15,000 room keys to the emirate by 2022."
Ras Al Khaimah currently has 5,000 hotel rooms, and the emirate is looking to add another 1,000 rooms by 2017.
Marriott International will be building a 300-room resort in RAK by the first quarter of 2018, in a joint venture with ASQ, the private investment vehicle of His Highness Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saqr Al Qasimi.
Situated in the northern part of Ras Al Khaimah, the luxury beachfront hotel will have 45 lavish suites, six restaurants and bars, health and leisure facilities, meeting and event space, and guests will have direct access to a private beach.
The emirate is emerging as a popular tourist destination in the United Arab Emirates and visitor arrivals increased by 17 per cent in the first quarter of 2015 compared to the same period last year.
Mattar added that the Tourism Authority is in talks with international airlines to operate new services to the emirate. He explained:
"We are in talks with global airlines about using RAK International Airport as an operational base, which will ultimately support over 400,000 visitors flying in and out of the airport directly on an annual basis. We expect to be able to make an announcement within the coming weeks."
The emirate of Ras Al Khaimah is in the north, bordering the Sultanate of Oman, and it's a hotspot for adventure-lovers due its access to the beautiful Hajjar Mountains, red sandy desert, green plains, creeks and lagoons, and 64 kilometres of coast line with pristine white sandy beaches.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Ras Al Khaimah Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Offering a big variety of activities and facilities to meet the needs of all sort of travellers
- Abundance of fun activities such as jet-skiing or relax in one of two luxury spas
- With 650-meter private beach, 5 temperature-controlled swimming pools, 24-hour Fitness Center that will make your trip unforgetable experience
- Up to 2 children eat and stay for free!
Plush accommodation, sumptuous interiors, lavish facilities and outstanding fine dining experiences come together for the ultimate luxury holiday of a lifetime.
- Explore the stunning beach at Ras Al Khaimah
- Up to 2 children eat and stay for free
- Take advantage of the 350m stretch of private beach and great range of outdoor activities with the chance to play golf under the stars
Enjoy a varied selection of sports activities and evening entertainments
- Relax by the resort's infinity pool overlooking the clear waters of the ocean and providing cool leisure and refreshments
- Rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit with the magical touch of various spa treatments
- Discover the fascinating ancient desert art while learning about falconry in an exclusive session with a professional falconer
With a good choice of amenities, surrounded by landscaped gardens and an 18-hole golf course, Hilton Al Hamra Beach is a...
Located on the man-made island of Al Marjan, Rixos Bab Al Bahr lies near Ras Al Khaimah. Everything from tourist...
If you need to escape the world, even for just a weekend, the Cove Rotana Resort in Ras Al Khaimah is the perfect hotel...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...
Pamper yourself at Al Hamra Village Golf & Beach resort - one the most picturesque resorts of Ras Al Khaimah. The hotel...
With breathe taking views of the Persian Gulf and Marjan Island, al hamra residence is neatly nestled in between a...