Minor Hotel Group to open first Anantara resort in Sri Lanka in the last quarter of 2015
The Minor Hotel Group has announced that it will open its first Anantara resort in Sri Lanka by the end of this year. Anantara Peace Haven Tangalle Resort will situated on the south coast of the island and will have 120 guest rooms and 32 one and two-bedroom villas with private plunge pools, and there will be six restaurants and bars, an outdoor pools, and the Anantara Spa.
Minor Hotel Group has announced that it will debut its Anantara brand in Sri Lanka later this year.
The Thailand-based hotel group will open the Anantara Peace Haven Tangalle Resort on the south coast of Sri Lanka in the fourth quarter of 2015.
The luxury resort will have 120 guest rooms and 32 one and two-bedroom villas with private plunge pools and dining areas.
Facilities at the beachfront resort include six restaurants and bars, including Teppanyaki which overlooks the beach and serves Sri Lankan cuisine, and a cliff-side Italian restaurant with wine cellar.
Guests can enjoy the outdoor swimming pool, tennis and badminton courts, a kids' club, a 24-hour fitness centre, and the signature Anantara Spa with eight treatment rooms, a reflexology centre, and beauty salon.
Situated in 17 hectares of tropical oceanfront land, Anantara Peace Haven Tangalle Resort is close to wildlife reserves and 30 minutes from the turtle conservation project, Rekawa.
The Minor Hotel Group currently operates two hotel in Sri Lanka under its Avani brand.
Sri Lanka is an island nation in the Indian Ocean that is famous for its breathtaking natural scenery and diverse ecosystem that is made up of miles of pristine sandy beaches, soaring mountains, thriving wildlife sanctuaries, verdant nature parks, and an array of heritage sites including ancient cities and colonial forts.
Since the end of its 25-year-long civil war in 2009, the island has recorded a steady boost in the number of tourists as they regain confidence in safe travel to the island. Over the last few years, the state-run Sri Lanka Tourism Authority has been working hard to promote the country as a safe tourist destination throughout many countries across the world.
Sri Lanka has become a popular destination for tourists seeking sun and culture and it has eight UNESCO World Heritage Sites including ancient cities such as Anuradhapura, which was founded in the 4th century BC and lay hidden for years in a thick jungle. The city's palaces, temples and monuments provide a fascinating insight into Sri Lanka's ancient heritage.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Discover local life in a fishing village, explore rainforests, Temples and much more on Sri Lanka's West Coast, and enjoy great value for money
- All rooms include a balcony or terrace with either Partial Sea View or Ocean View
- Enjoy Yoga, Snooker, access to 2 Swimming Pools & much more
- Access to the Sahana Spa and leave your daily stress behind with the magical touch of various spa treatments
Enjoy a relaxing stay in an ideal setting surrounded by lush frangipanis, swaying palms and the glistening blue waters of Bentota's beaches.
- Discover Sri Lanka's cultural wonders from a soothing luxury retreat oozing 18th century charm
- Bask in acres of lush gardens framed by frangipani trees and facing a secluded golden sand beach
- Be wowed by the Dine by Design concept, allowing you to eat out in an array of scenic settings
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- English speaking chauffer guide for the entire round tour
Arouse your senses in the Indian Ocean with this amazing double Island getaway
- Follow the thousands of local pilgrims and visit the awe inspiring Kalutara Temple - the only Buddhist shrine in the world which is completely hollow inside
- Sunrise and sunset fishing giving you the most stunning views over the Indian Ocean
- Tholhufushi Robinson Excursion , offering a real-life Robinson Crusoe adventure on a deserted island
Soak up the sunshine that pours down on Sri Lanka's Indian Ocean coastline at Tangerine Beach. Make the scenic resort...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
This fantastic package allows you to discover the delights of the Superior Golden Triangle Tour where you will explore...
There are few better places from which to enjoy the calming effect of the Indian Ocean breeze than at Avani Kalutara in...
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...