Minor Hotel Group to open first Anantara resort in Sri Lanka in the last quarter of 2015
The Minor Hotel Group has announced that it will open its first Anantara resort in Sri Lanka by the end of this year. Anantara Peace Haven Tangalle Resort will situated on the south coast of the island and will have 120 guest rooms and 32 one and two-bedroom villas with private plunge pools, and there will be six restaurants and bars, an outdoor pools, and the Anantara Spa.
Minor Hotel Group has announced that it will debut its Anantara brand in Sri Lanka later this year.
The Thailand-based hotel group will open the Anantara Peace Haven Tangalle Resort on the south coast of Sri Lanka in the fourth quarter of 2015.
The luxury resort will have 120 guest rooms and 32 one and two-bedroom villas with private plunge pools and dining areas.
Facilities at the beachfront resort include six restaurants and bars, including Teppanyaki which overlooks the beach and serves Sri Lankan cuisine, and a cliff-side Italian restaurant with wine cellar.
Guests can enjoy the outdoor swimming pool, tennis and badminton courts, a kids' club, a 24-hour fitness centre, and the signature Anantara Spa with eight treatment rooms, a reflexology centre, and beauty salon.
Situated in 17 hectares of tropical oceanfront land, Anantara Peace Haven Tangalle Resort is close to wildlife reserves and 30 minutes from the turtle conservation project, Rekawa.
The Minor Hotel Group currently operates two hotel in Sri Lanka under its Avani brand.
Sri Lanka is an island nation in the Indian Ocean that is famous for its breathtaking natural scenery and diverse ecosystem that is made up of miles of pristine sandy beaches, soaring mountains, thriving wildlife sanctuaries, verdant nature parks, and an array of heritage sites including ancient cities and colonial forts.
Since the end of its 25-year-long civil war in 2009, the island has recorded a steady boost in the number of tourists as they regain confidence in safe travel to the island. Over the last few years, the state-run Sri Lanka Tourism Authority has been working hard to promote the country as a safe tourist destination throughout many countries across the world.
Sri Lanka has become a popular destination for tourists seeking sun and culture and it has eight UNESCO World Heritage Sites including ancient cities such as Anuradhapura, which was founded in the 4th century BC and lay hidden for years in a thick jungle. The city's palaces, temples and monuments provide a fascinating insight into Sri Lanka's ancient heritage.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Settle into a haven of tranquility at a luxury boutique hotel that is a member of the prestigious Small Luxury Hotels of the World
- Offers a wide range of facilities including Bike Riding, Windsurfing, Kite Surfing & more
- Accommodation designed by the World-Famous local Architect Geoffrey Bawa
- Enjoy a choice of Wines specially selected for Jetwing
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
This holiday offers an amazing combination of adventure and discovery before a relaxing stay on the beach
- Jetwing Beach has a breathtaking costal location offering the chance to relax on the pristine beach
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Tour is an adventures dream where you will discover the jewels of Kandy
- This holiday is perfectly combined to ensure adventure and relaxation are evenly matched which makes for an unforgettable holiday
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...
Avani Bentota is set in eight acres of lush frangipanis and coconut palms by the golden sands of Bentota. This hotel...