Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah reveals new contemporary Kaiseki menu
The Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah has unveiled its brand new menu at the UMI Japanese restaurant. The 'Kaiseki' menu features contemporary delights created by Chef Yukitaka Kitade, and includes pan-fried thinly-sliced wagyu and tuna tartar with caviar served on plates garnished with leaves and flowers.
The UMI restaurant at the Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah has revealed its brand new menu that aims to bring people together through artistic food and sharing.
The Japanese restaurant at the luxury hotel in Ras Al Khaimah launched the new 'Kaiseki' menu that features a traditional Japanese multi-course dinner with dishes including pan-fried thinly-sliced wagyu, tuna tartar with caviar served with sushi rice crackers, and giant king crab.
Created by the chef Yukitaka Kitade, the colourful a la carte dishes are served on plates decorated with real leaves and flowers, and the ingredients are sources locally wherever possible.
Washoku, a traditional Japanese cuisine, has been added to UNESCO's Intangible Cultural Heritage list, in a bid to receive global recognition and further understanding of the social practice that uses practices, traditions, and expertise to produce food that is closely related to nature and sustainable sources.
"We're still on the first rung of the ladder to understanding it…"
Explained top British chef Heston Blumenthal, who is a regular visitor to visits Japan where he meets with some of the world's top chefs.
Chef Kitade is happy to pass on his experiences to guests and will host a culinary master class on Monday 19th October, 2015 at Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah.
Surrounded by desert, the sea and soaring mountains, the Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah is a luxury beachfront hotel with 10 restaurants, a lavish spa, an 18-hole golf course, tennis courts, a fitness centre, and a kids' club.
The 346 guest rooms and suites all features Wi-Fi and HD plasma TVs, and many have views of the sparkling ocean.
Ras Al Khaimah is one of seven emirates in the United Arab Emirates and an emerging new tourist destination in the Middle East, thanks to its stunning stretches of golden sandy beaches and increase of luxury hotels.
Located just 50 minutes from Duabi, Ras Al Khaimah sits in the north, bordering the Sultanate of Oman. It's a popular destination for adventure-lovers due its close proximity to the beautiful mountains, red sandy desert, green plains, creeks and lagoons, and 64 kilometres of coastline boasting vast pristine white sandy beaches.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Ras Al Khaimah Browse all
Get the royal treatment at an exclusive island retreat where everything is designed with your ultimate pampering in mind.
- Add a VIP package, including No.1 Gatwick Lounge Access, Dubai Airport Fast Track and tickets to Burj Khalifa, from Â£99 per person
- Create a true sensory experience with tailored treatments, relaxing massages, traditional Turkish and Moroccan Hammams
- Explore local wildlife beauty with discovery walks, traditional camel rides, rock climbing, desert safaris and more
- Sink into spacious rooms and suites set in sophisticated Moorish design and featuring first-class amenities
Enjoy a varied selection of fun activities and evening entertainment at an outstandingly beautiful beach and golf resort.
- Luxuriate at the Spa and select from an array of water sports while children have fun at the Kids' Club
- FAMILY PACKAGES from £ 1649 for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Traditional charm embraces Arabian culture at the five-star The Cove Rotana, located on a private inlet with 600 metres of pristine beach.
- Enjoy the fantastic array of facilities for kids including children's menu and kids club
- Benefit from 2 Nights of All Inclusive Dinner to Basilico Restaurant with 3 Courses Set Menu
- Up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Located on a pristine island and surrounded by crystal clear waters of the Arabian Gulf, the Marjan Island Resort and...
With a good choice of amenities, surrounded by landscaped gardens and an 18-hole golf course, Hilton Al Hamra Beach is a...
Located on the man-made island of Al Marjan, Rixos Bab Al Bahr lies near Ras Al Khaimah. Everything from tourist...
Set just a few minutes away from the city centre, Mangrove Hotel By Bin Majid Hotels and Resort would be an ideal choice...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...
Beautify designed Acacia Hotel By Bin Majid Hotels and Resorts is located in the business district of Ras Al Khaimah...