Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority works with TBWA to boost tourism
The Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority recently worked with TBWA to host a two-day 'Disruption Workshop'. The event took place in a bid to define the brand of the destination in the United Arab Emirates and develop a strategy that will centre around human insights to attract visitors from leading source markets such as Russia, Germany, the UK and Saudi Arabia.
The global advertising network TBWA has been working in collaboration with an up-and-coming tourist destination in the United Arab Emirates.
TBWA worked with the Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority to host a recent two-day "Disruption Workshop" to define the position of the Ras Al Khaimah as a destination brand, and drive forward the vision of HH Sheikh Saud bin Saqr Al Qasimi, the ruler of Ras Al Khaimah.
The "Disruption Workshop" is a tactic patented by TBWA, that has been designed to developing a strategy-centred around real human to create breakthrough brands, in this case pushing the country forward as a tourist destination in the United Arab Emirates.
"This is the first step to defining a clear roadmap and vision for the destination. It has helped us gain clarity about our brand proposition and has given us a focused purpose for Ras Al Khaimah."
Explained Haitham Mattar, the CEO of the Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority (TDA).
The research also included a study that focuses on the leading tourism source markets, such as Russia, UK, Germany, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates and Kuwait.
Ras Al Khaimah is one of seven emirates in the United Arab Emirates and it is emerging as a new tourist destination in the Middle East, thanks to its stunning stretches of golden sandy beaches and the recent increase of new luxury hotels.
Ras Al Khaimah is in the north, bordering the Sultanate of Oman, and it's a hotspot for adventure-lovers due its access to the beautiful mountains, red sandy desert, green plains, creeks and lagoons, and 64 kilometres of coast line with pristine white sandy beaches.
Holidaymakers can also take tours to historic sites such as forts and abandoned villages, and the emirate boast an array of gourmet restaurants serving local and international cuisine, and luxury spas for pampering breaks.
The seven United Arab Emirates are home to the majestic Hatta Mountains, and include Ajman and Umm Al Quwain, as well as the popular destinations of Dubai and Abu Dhabi that boast lavish hotels, unique soaring architecture, luxury shopping malls, soaring sand dunes, and attractions like the Yas Island Marina Circuit, the manmade Palm Islands, and the Burj Khalifa, the world's tallest building.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Ras Al Khaimah Browse all
Get the royal treatment at an exclusive island retreat where everything is designed with your ultimate pampering in mind.
- Add a VIP package, including No.1 Gatwick Lounge Access, Dubai Airport Fast Track and tickets to Burj Khalifa, from Â£99 per person
- Create a true sensory experience with tailored treatments, relaxing massages, traditional Turkish and Moroccan Hammams
- Explore local wildlife beauty with discovery walks, traditional camel rides, rock climbing, desert safaris and more
- Sink into spacious rooms and suites set in sophisticated Moorish design and featuring first-class amenities
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Traditional charm embraces Arabian culture at the five-star The Cove Rotana, located on a private inlet with 600 metres of pristine beach.
- Enjoy the fantastic array of facilities for kids including children's menu and kids club
- Benefit from 2 Nights of All Inclusive Dinner to Basilico Restaurant with 3 Courses Set Menu
- Up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Enjoy a varied selection of fun activities and evening entertainment at an outstandingly beautiful beach and golf resort.
- Luxuriate at the Spa and select from an array of water sports while children have fun at the Kids' Club
- FAMILY PACKAGES from £ 1649 for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
With a good choice of amenities, surrounded by landscaped gardens and an 18-hole golf course, Hilton Al Hamra Beach is a...
If you need to escape the world, even for just a weekend, the Cove Rotana Resort in Ras Al Khaimah is the perfect hotel...
Located on the man-made island of Al Marjan, Rixos Bab Al Bahr lies near Ras Al Khaimah. Everything from tourist...
Pamper yourself at Al Hamra Village Golf & Beach resort - one the most picturesque resorts of Ras Al Khaimah. The hotel...
With breathe taking views of the Persian Gulf and Marjan Island, al hamra residence is neatly nestled in between a...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...