New spa resort to open on Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico next year
A luxury new spa resort will open in Merida on the Yucatan Peninsula near Cancun in Mexico next year. Built inside a cenote on 750 acres in the heart of the Mayan forest, the Chable Resort will boast 40 deluxe villas with private pools, a presidential, and a traditional hacienda, and a wide selection of Mayan-inspired spa treatments.
A brand new spa resort is set to open near the historic city of Merida on the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico in 2016.
Built within a cenote on 750 acres in the Mayan forest on the peninsula that is home to popular spots like Cancun and the Riviera Maya, Chable Resort will be a hedonistic retreat.
The spa resort will have 40 luxurious villas with private pools, a lavish presidential suite, and a traditional XIX century hacienda that will be restored to represent the past.
Located approximately 25 minutes from the historic city of Merida, the Chable Resort will feature pampering Mayan-inspired spa treatments that combine ancient techniques and ingredients with modern practices.
The luxury resort will also have onsite gardens that will be used to grow organic produce for the restaurants, and a large cellar with the world's largest collection of Tequila, Mexico's signature spirit.
The spa is the first phase of the project and it will open early in 2016. The second phase will include an 18-hole championship golf course and private residential units.
The Yucatan Peninsula separates the Gulf of Mexico from the Caribbean Sea and is a popular tourist destination. On the Caribbean side, the Riviera Maya strip is home to Cancun and its luxury beachfront hotels and vibrant nightlife.
Visitors can go zip lining through verdant jungles; scuba dive beneath the surface of the crystal clear turquoise ocean to explore the famous underwater museum and spectacular marine life; trek through lush rainforests that are thriving with diverse wildlife; or explore the region's ancient Mayan ruins and temples such as Coba, Ek Balam, San Gervasio, Xcaret, and Chichen Itza.
A popular tourist attraction in Cancun is the Museum of Underwater Modern Art which was created by English artist Jason deCaires Taylor and is located in the National Marine Park of Isla Mujeres. The underwater museum is home to 400 life-sized sculptures that reflect Mayan people and can be accessed via scuba diving and snorkelling activities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at this beautiful retreat.
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...