British Airways to launch Direct Flights between London and Costa Rica in May 2016
British Airways has announced that it will offer non-stop flights between London and Costa Rica next year. Starting in May, the flights will operate between London Gatwick and Santamaria International Airport in Costa Rica's capital San Jose. There will be two weekly direct flights in the summer months, and three in the winter.
The UK’s national air carrier, British Airways, has announced that it will launch non-stop flights to Costa Rica next year.
The airline will offer the new flights starting 4th May, 2016 between London Gatwick Airport and Santamaría International Airport in San Jose, the capital of Costa Rica.
There will be three direct weekly flights during the summer and two in the winter, and they will be operated on a Boeing 777 aircraft.
Colm Lacy, the Head of Commerical Gatwick at British Airways commented on the new launch;
"With everything from its incredible wildlife, rugged rainforests and volcanic peaks, as well as stunning beaches and – of course – world-famous coffee – Costa Rica offers an incredible array of places to visit and experience,
Adding Costa Rica to our wide range of flights from Gatwick boosts our network and gives customers an even greater choice of diverse destinations."
The new weekly Costa Rica flights by British Airways will feature 48 seats in Club World, 24 in World Traveller Plus, and 203 in World Traveller. Passengers can enjoy on-demand in-flight entertainment, free in-flight dining, a full service bar, and a generous baggage allowance.
During the summer, the flights will operate on Wednesdays and Saturdays, and in winter, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
Elated with the news of the first ever direct route to be established between the UK and Costa Rica, Mauricio Ventura, the Minister of Tourism in Costa Rica declared:
"Europe is a priority market for Costa Rica,
So the start of this new route by British Airways will help attract tourists from across Europe, and specifically from the United Kingdom, making it much easier for them to visit all the wonderful places Costa Rica has to offer modern holidaymakers."
Located in Central America, Costa Rica means “rich coast” and the country is home to some of the world's most breathtaking natural scenery made up of lush rainforests, volcanoes, soaring mountains, unspoilt beaches, and cascading waterfalls.
The country is bordered by the Caribbean Sea to the east and the Pacific Ocean to the west, and it is famous for its collection of breathtaking natural landscapes. The nation boasts over 1,000 miles of stunning coastline, lush tropical rainforests, dense dry forests, active volcanoes, high mountains, white and black sand beaches, and several nature reserves that are thriving with wildlife and vibrant flora and fauna.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...