British Airways to launch Direct Flights between London and Costa Rica in May 2016
British Airways has announced that it will offer non-stop flights between London and Costa Rica next year. Starting in May, the flights will operate between London Gatwick and Santamaria International Airport in Costa Rica's capital San Jose. There will be two weekly direct flights in the summer months, and three in the winter.
The UK’s national air carrier, British Airways, has announced that it will launch non-stop flights to Costa Rica next year.
The airline will offer the new flights starting 4th May, 2016 between London Gatwick Airport and Santamaría International Airport in San Jose, the capital of Costa Rica.
There will be three direct weekly flights during the summer and two in the winter, and they will be operated on a Boeing 777 aircraft.
Colm Lacy, the Head of Commerical Gatwick at British Airways commented on the new launch;
"With everything from its incredible wildlife, rugged rainforests and volcanic peaks, as well as stunning beaches and – of course – world-famous coffee – Costa Rica offers an incredible array of places to visit and experience,
Adding Costa Rica to our wide range of flights from Gatwick boosts our network and gives customers an even greater choice of diverse destinations."
The new weekly Costa Rica flights by British Airways will feature 48 seats in Club World, 24 in World Traveller Plus, and 203 in World Traveller. Passengers can enjoy on-demand in-flight entertainment, free in-flight dining, a full service bar, and a generous baggage allowance.
During the summer, the flights will operate on Wednesdays and Saturdays, and in winter, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
Elated with the news of the first ever direct route to be established between the UK and Costa Rica, Mauricio Ventura, the Minister of Tourism in Costa Rica declared:
"Europe is a priority market for Costa Rica,
So the start of this new route by British Airways will help attract tourists from across Europe, and specifically from the United Kingdom, making it much easier for them to visit all the wonderful places Costa Rica has to offer modern holidaymakers."
Located in Central America, Costa Rica means “rich coast” and the country is home to some of the world's most breathtaking natural scenery made up of lush rainforests, volcanoes, soaring mountains, unspoilt beaches, and cascading waterfalls.
The country is bordered by the Caribbean Sea to the east and the Pacific Ocean to the west, and it is famous for its collection of breathtaking natural landscapes. The nation boasts over 1,000 miles of stunning coastline, lush tropical rainforests, dense dry forests, active volcanoes, high mountains, white and black sand beaches, and several nature reserves that are thriving with wildlife and vibrant flora and fauna.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Book before 31st January 2017 and get an exclusive complimentary upgrade to Half Board
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...
A charming little retreat right at the heart of Tunis, Le Pacha is centrally located to give you easy access to all of...