British Airways to launch Direct Flights between London and Costa Rica in May 2016
British Airways has announced that it will offer non-stop flights between London and Costa Rica next year. Starting in May, the flights will operate between London Gatwick and Santamaria International Airport in Costa Rica's capital San Jose. There will be two weekly direct flights in the summer months, and three in the winter.
The UK’s national air carrier, British Airways, has announced that it will launch non-stop flights to Costa Rica next year.
The airline will offer the new flights starting 4th May, 2016 between London Gatwick Airport and Santamaría International Airport in San Jose, the capital of Costa Rica.
There will be three direct weekly flights during the summer and two in the winter, and they will be operated on a Boeing 777 aircraft.
Colm Lacy, the Head of Commerical Gatwick at British Airways commented on the new launch;
"With everything from its incredible wildlife, rugged rainforests and volcanic peaks, as well as stunning beaches and – of course – world-famous coffee – Costa Rica offers an incredible array of places to visit and experience,
Adding Costa Rica to our wide range of flights from Gatwick boosts our network and gives customers an even greater choice of diverse destinations."
The new weekly Costa Rica flights by British Airways will feature 48 seats in Club World, 24 in World Traveller Plus, and 203 in World Traveller. Passengers can enjoy on-demand in-flight entertainment, free in-flight dining, a full service bar, and a generous baggage allowance.
During the summer, the flights will operate on Wednesdays and Saturdays, and in winter, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
Elated with the news of the first ever direct route to be established between the UK and Costa Rica, Mauricio Ventura, the Minister of Tourism in Costa Rica declared:
"Europe is a priority market for Costa Rica,
So the start of this new route by British Airways will help attract tourists from across Europe, and specifically from the United Kingdom, making it much easier for them to visit all the wonderful places Costa Rica has to offer modern holidaymakers."
Located in Central America, Costa Rica means “rich coast” and the country is home to some of the world's most breathtaking natural scenery made up of lush rainforests, volcanoes, soaring mountains, unspoilt beaches, and cascading waterfalls.
The country is bordered by the Caribbean Sea to the east and the Pacific Ocean to the west, and it is famous for its collection of breathtaking natural landscapes. The nation boasts over 1,000 miles of stunning coastline, lush tropical rainforests, dense dry forests, active volcanoes, high mountains, white and black sand beaches, and several nature reserves that are thriving with wildlife and vibrant flora and fauna.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Offering superb accommodation with a wide range of facilities, Yas Island Rotana is conveniently located on the...