Copa Airlines to operate Belize-to-Panama route
Copa Airlines now has the distinction of offering flights to all Central American destinations with the recent addition of a Belize-Panama route. The Panamanian national airline will begin operating the twice weekly flights to Belize in December 2015.
Copa Airlines has announced that as of 8th December 2015 it will begin operating two weekly flights to Belize from Panama. The flights will depart from Panama’s Tocumen International Airport on Tuesdays and Fridays. With addition of this newest route Copa Airlines now covers all of Central America further cementing its position as the top airline for holidaymakers interested in experiencing the region.
At the time of the announcement, spokespeople for both Copa Airlines and Belize noted the fact that the Belize to Panama route will enable passengers to conveniently connect to the other top holiday destinations in and around the region including Brazil, Costa Rica, Colombia, Chile, Ecuador, Nicaragua, Peru as well as Caribbean destinations such as Trinidad and Tobago, Cuba and the Dominican Republic.
The president of Copa Airlines highlighted the importance of the route Panama’s tourism industry stating, “the connectivity will open enormous opportunities for tourism and commercial development for this country”.
Belize’s minister of tourism, culture and civil aviation was equally eager to stress the significance of the milestone stating,
" I must reiterate how important this partnership is, as COPA will not only supply significant potential markets for Belize, but also offer excellent linkages to the Caribbean, Central and especially to the South American market."
Additionally, in an effort to ensure hassle free travel for holidaymakers, in transit passengers on board the Belize-to-Panama flights will not need to clear immigration or customs and their luggage will checked to their final destination. Copa Airlines will operate the Embraer 190 aircraft for the direct flights to Belize. The Embraer 190, best known for its comfort factor as a result of having only two seats in each isle without a center seat, has a capacity for a total of 94 passengers made up of 10 Executive class seats and 84 seats in the main cabin.
Copa Airlines is the national carrier of Panama and from Hub de las Americas it offers the most international flights of any carrier. With the addition of this latest route, Copa now operates flights to 75 cities across 31 countries in North, Central, South America and the Caribbean.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Restore your inner balance at Taum Spa or take a surfing lesson
- Incredible value upgrades to private pool rooms
- Complimentary shuttle to town centre and Petitenget Beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...