Copa Airlines to operate Belize-to-Panama route
Copa Airlines now has the distinction of offering flights to all Central American destinations with the recent addition of a Belize-Panama route. The Panamanian national airline will begin operating the twice weekly flights to Belize in December 2015.
Copa Airlines has announced that as of 8th December 2015 it will begin operating two weekly flights to Belize from Panama. The flights will depart from Panama’s Tocumen International Airport on Tuesdays and Fridays. With addition of this newest route Copa Airlines now covers all of Central America further cementing its position as the top airline for holidaymakers interested in experiencing the region.
At the time of the announcement, spokespeople for both Copa Airlines and Belize noted the fact that the Belize to Panama route will enable passengers to conveniently connect to the other top holiday destinations in and around the region including Brazil, Costa Rica, Colombia, Chile, Ecuador, Nicaragua, Peru as well as Caribbean destinations such as Trinidad and Tobago, Cuba and the Dominican Republic.
The president of Copa Airlines highlighted the importance of the route Panama’s tourism industry stating, “the connectivity will open enormous opportunities for tourism and commercial development for this country”.
Belize’s minister of tourism, culture and civil aviation was equally eager to stress the significance of the milestone stating,
" I must reiterate how important this partnership is, as COPA will not only supply significant potential markets for Belize, but also offer excellent linkages to the Caribbean, Central and especially to the South American market."
Additionally, in an effort to ensure hassle free travel for holidaymakers, in transit passengers on board the Belize-to-Panama flights will not need to clear immigration or customs and their luggage will checked to their final destination. Copa Airlines will operate the Embraer 190 aircraft for the direct flights to Belize. The Embraer 190, best known for its comfort factor as a result of having only two seats in each isle without a center seat, has a capacity for a total of 94 passengers made up of 10 Executive class seats and 84 seats in the main cabin.
Copa Airlines is the national carrier of Panama and from Hub de las Americas it offers the most international flights of any carrier. With the addition of this latest route, Copa now operates flights to 75 cities across 31 countries in North, Central, South America and the Caribbean.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
The Topaz Hotel is perfect for those who want to explore St Paul's bay and Malta's rugged countryside. Affordable and...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...