Copa Airlines to operate Belize-to-Panama route
Copa Airlines now has the distinction of offering flights to all Central American destinations with the recent addition of a Belize-Panama route. The Panamanian national airline will begin operating the twice weekly flights to Belize in December 2015.
Copa Airlines has announced that as of 8th December 2015 it will begin operating two weekly flights to Belize from Panama. The flights will depart from Panama’s Tocumen International Airport on Tuesdays and Fridays. With addition of this newest route Copa Airlines now covers all of Central America further cementing its position as the top airline for holidaymakers interested in experiencing the region.
At the time of the announcement, spokespeople for both Copa Airlines and Belize noted the fact that the Belize to Panama route will enable passengers to conveniently connect to the other top holiday destinations in and around the region including Brazil, Costa Rica, Colombia, Chile, Ecuador, Nicaragua, Peru as well as Caribbean destinations such as Trinidad and Tobago, Cuba and the Dominican Republic.
The president of Copa Airlines highlighted the importance of the route Panama’s tourism industry stating, “the connectivity will open enormous opportunities for tourism and commercial development for this country”.
Belize’s minister of tourism, culture and civil aviation was equally eager to stress the significance of the milestone stating,
" I must reiterate how important this partnership is, as COPA will not only supply significant potential markets for Belize, but also offer excellent linkages to the Caribbean, Central and especially to the South American market."
Additionally, in an effort to ensure hassle free travel for holidaymakers, in transit passengers on board the Belize-to-Panama flights will not need to clear immigration or customs and their luggage will checked to their final destination. Copa Airlines will operate the Embraer 190 aircraft for the direct flights to Belize. The Embraer 190, best known for its comfort factor as a result of having only two seats in each isle without a center seat, has a capacity for a total of 94 passengers made up of 10 Executive class seats and 84 seats in the main cabin.
Copa Airlines is the national carrier of Panama and from Hub de las Americas it offers the most international flights of any carrier. With the addition of this latest route, Copa now operates flights to 75 cities across 31 countries in North, Central, South America and the Caribbean.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
A warm welcome awaits you behind the striking geometric façade of Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Jumeirah, 20 minutes by taxi...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...