Copa Airlines to operate Belize-to-Panama route
Copa Airlines now has the distinction of offering flights to all Central American destinations with the recent addition of a Belize-Panama route. The Panamanian national airline will begin operating the twice weekly flights to Belize in December 2015.
Copa Airlines has announced that as of 8th December 2015 it will begin operating two weekly flights to Belize from Panama. The flights will depart from Panama’s Tocumen International Airport on Tuesdays and Fridays. With addition of this newest route Copa Airlines now covers all of Central America further cementing its position as the top airline for holidaymakers interested in experiencing the region.
At the time of the announcement, spokespeople for both Copa Airlines and Belize noted the fact that the Belize to Panama route will enable passengers to conveniently connect to the other top holiday destinations in and around the region including Brazil, Costa Rica, Colombia, Chile, Ecuador, Nicaragua, Peru as well as Caribbean destinations such as Trinidad and Tobago, Cuba and the Dominican Republic.
The president of Copa Airlines highlighted the importance of the route Panama’s tourism industry stating, “the connectivity will open enormous opportunities for tourism and commercial development for this country”.
Belize’s minister of tourism, culture and civil aviation was equally eager to stress the significance of the milestone stating,
" I must reiterate how important this partnership is, as COPA will not only supply significant potential markets for Belize, but also offer excellent linkages to the Caribbean, Central and especially to the South American market."
Additionally, in an effort to ensure hassle free travel for holidaymakers, in transit passengers on board the Belize-to-Panama flights will not need to clear immigration or customs and their luggage will checked to their final destination. Copa Airlines will operate the Embraer 190 aircraft for the direct flights to Belize. The Embraer 190, best known for its comfort factor as a result of having only two seats in each isle without a center seat, has a capacity for a total of 94 passengers made up of 10 Executive class seats and 84 seats in the main cabin.
Copa Airlines is the national carrier of Panama and from Hub de las Americas it offers the most international flights of any carrier. With the addition of this latest route, Copa now operates flights to 75 cities across 31 countries in North, Central, South America and the Caribbean.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Experience the exclusivity of Ras Al Khaimah from a luxury retreat at this stunning beachfront resort
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...