Seoul and Dubai top Switchfly's list of the most popular luxury travel destinations
Swtichfly recently released its 2015 Luxury Travel Index. Despite the fact that Europe dominated the list of the top 15 luxury holiday destinations, Seoul and Dubai were the top two most popular destinations. Other findings included the trend that luxury travellers tended to book longer trips than the average holidaymaker with islands and coastal cities viewed as more attractive destinations.
Switchfly, the technology company behind travel shopping and loyalty redemption solutions for some of the world’s top brands, recently released its 2015 Luxury Travel Index. According to the study, which analysed data from Swichfly’s global booking engine, Seoul and Dubai are the top two travel destinations for luxury travellers. According to Switchfly’s study, luxury travellers are defined as those who fly first class and book stays in five-star hotels.
Europe was the continent of choice for the luxury travel segment. Switchfly’s list of the top 15 luxury holiday destinations featured 7 European destinations including Milan, Athens, Frankfurt, Crete and Mykonos.
Asia accounted for five of the top 15 with Singapore accompanying Seoul in the top five. Notably, Dubai was the only Middle Eastern destination to make the top 15. Recent statistics indicate that the ultra modern UAE city is becoming increasingly popular among Britons with a growth rate of 10 per cent per year. It is expected that, at the current rate of growth, the number of UK visitors to Dubai will increase to over 1 million by the year 2016. One of the key driving forces behind Dubai’s success as a luxury holiday destination is the fact that it is home to some of the world’s most luxurious hotels in addition to the fact that it offers a superior level of service.
Switchfly CEO Daniel Farrar stated the following of the study’s findings;
"We’re delighted to share a snapshot of where and how people are travelling around the world this year. Every year economic, social and political events affect travel trends, and this year we’ve seen a rise in travel to Greece as the country’s economic crisis had made travel more affordable"
The results of Switchfly’s study also indicated that luxury travellers are more drawn to destinations where they can enjoy a view of the ocean with four islands and five coastal cities including Dubai making the top 15 list. Another defining characteristic of this segment is that they spent more time on their holidays than the average traveller. The average length of a luxury traveller’s stay in Switchfly’s top 15 holiday destinations ranged from 8.3 days (Miami) to 13 days in the case of Seoul.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Chill at The Palm's luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Six family swimming pools dotted around the resort
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning views over the Arabian Gulf
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Free Half Board option available
The location on the world famous, Palm Jumeirah, provides superb access to white sandy beaches.
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine West Crescent of Dubai’s iconic Palm Jumeirah
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
- FREE Half Board upgrade
- Up to two kids stay and play FREE
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Intercontinental Mauritius + Hyatt Regency Dubai
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most picturesque parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
A mix of colonial heritage and contemporary design with tropical accents, The Ravenala Attitude is the first 4-star,...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...