Seoul and Dubai top Switchfly's list of the most popular luxury travel destinations
Swtichfly recently released its 2015 Luxury Travel Index. Despite the fact that Europe dominated the list of the top 15 luxury holiday destinations, Seoul and Dubai were the top two most popular destinations. Other findings included the trend that luxury travellers tended to book longer trips than the average holidaymaker with islands and coastal cities viewed as more attractive destinations.
Switchfly, the technology company behind travel shopping and loyalty redemption solutions for some of the world’s top brands, recently released its 2015 Luxury Travel Index. According to the study, which analysed data from Swichfly’s global booking engine, Seoul and Dubai are the top two travel destinations for luxury travellers. According to Switchfly’s study, luxury travellers are defined as those who fly first class and book stays in five-star hotels.
Europe was the continent of choice for the luxury travel segment. Switchfly’s list of the top 15 luxury holiday destinations featured 7 European destinations including Milan, Athens, Frankfurt, Crete and Mykonos.
Asia accounted for five of the top 15 with Singapore accompanying Seoul in the top five. Notably, Dubai was the only Middle Eastern destination to make the top 15. Recent statistics indicate that the ultra modern UAE city is becoming increasingly popular among Britons with a growth rate of 10 per cent per year. It is expected that, at the current rate of growth, the number of UK visitors to Dubai will increase to over 1 million by the year 2016. One of the key driving forces behind Dubai’s success as a luxury holiday destination is the fact that it is home to some of the world’s most luxurious hotels in addition to the fact that it offers a superior level of service.
Switchfly CEO Daniel Farrar stated the following of the study’s findings;
"We’re delighted to share a snapshot of where and how people are travelling around the world this year. Every year economic, social and political events affect travel trends, and this year we’ve seen a rise in travel to Greece as the country’s economic crisis had made travel more affordable"
The results of Switchfly’s study also indicated that luxury travellers are more drawn to destinations where they can enjoy a view of the ocean with four islands and five coastal cities including Dubai making the top 15 list. Another defining characteristic of this segment is that they spent more time on their holidays than the average traveller. The average length of a luxury traveller’s stay in Switchfly’s top 15 holiday destinations ranged from 8.3 days (Miami) to 13 days in the case of Seoul.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
For an affordable luxury holiday on Dubai's iconic The Palm, head for Sofitel and take the whole family with you, they'll love it
- Boasting a Roof Top Swimming Pool
- Free high-speed internet and wifi
- Located by the famous Jumeirah Marina and close to shops, restaurants, bars and the Emirates Shopping Mall
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
- 300 AED SPA credit per person per stay for the hotel SPA
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...