Etihad Airways adds second daily non-stop flight to Melbourne from Abu Dhabi
Etihad Airways has launched a new daily non-stop service between Melbourne in Australia and Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates. The airline will operate the service on a three-class Boeing 777-300ER aircraft and it will be the second daily flight to the emirate, connecting more international visitors to Melbourne, the Middle East and Europe.
Etihad Airways has added a second daily non-stop service between Melbourne and Abu Dhabi.
The airline launched the new flight to Abu Dhabi at the weekend and it will be operated by a three-class Boeing 777-300ER aircraft.
The EY462 service will depart Abu Dhabi at 10.30am local time on Saturdays and arrive down in Melbourne in Australia at approximately 6.05am on Sundays. The return EY463 flight will depart Melbourne at 3pm local time on Sundays and arrive in Abu Dhabi at 11.05am on the same day.
“Becoming the only airline to offer double daily non-stop flights between Melbourne and the UAE clearly demonstrates our ongoing commitment to Victoria and exponentially increases the attractiveness of our customer proposition,” explained James Hogan, the President of Etihad Airways.
“From August 1st we will connect more international visitors to Melbourne from more markets in the Middle East and Europe and will offer Melbournians the convenience of two daily departures and one-stop connectivity to more than 50 great destinations.”
“The addition of a second Boeing 777-300ER will double belly-hold cargo capacity between Melbourne and Abu Dhabi and provide new opportunities for bilateral trade with the UAE – Australia’s largest trading partner in the Middle East.”
The new service will provide more opportunities for twin-centre holidays and will open up one-stop routes to European destinations such as Geneva, Madrid and Zurich.
Abu Dhabi is one of seven United Arab Emirates and a thriving destination for business and leisure travellers. The emirate offers a variety of tourist attractions, activities and luxury hotels in the Middle East.
The emirate boasts Sir Bani Yas Island which is home to the 4,100 hectare Arabian Wildlife Park with mangroves, lagoons, and more than 10,000 free roaming animals; Yas Island with a world-class motor sports racetrack for Formula One events, the Yas Arena, and the Yas Links Golf Course; and Saadiyat Island, a natural island with an array of luxury hotels and resorts, iconic landmarks, marinas, two championship golf courses, museums, and leisure facilities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Incredible January exclusive - Receive a free upgrade to the next room type when booking with The Holiday Place
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
A warm welcome awaits you behind the striking geometric façade of Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Jumeirah, 20 minutes by taxi...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...