Etihad Airways adds second daily non-stop flight to Melbourne from Abu Dhabi
Etihad Airways has launched a new daily non-stop service between Melbourne in Australia and Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates. The airline will operate the service on a three-class Boeing 777-300ER aircraft and it will be the second daily flight to the emirate, connecting more international visitors to Melbourne, the Middle East and Europe.
Etihad Airways has added a second daily non-stop service between Melbourne and Abu Dhabi.
The airline launched the new flight to Abu Dhabi at the weekend and it will be operated by a three-class Boeing 777-300ER aircraft.
The EY462 service will depart Abu Dhabi at 10.30am local time on Saturdays and arrive down in Melbourne in Australia at approximately 6.05am on Sundays. The return EY463 flight will depart Melbourne at 3pm local time on Sundays and arrive in Abu Dhabi at 11.05am on the same day.
“Becoming the only airline to offer double daily non-stop flights between Melbourne and the UAE clearly demonstrates our ongoing commitment to Victoria and exponentially increases the attractiveness of our customer proposition,” explained James Hogan, the President of Etihad Airways.
“From August 1st we will connect more international visitors to Melbourne from more markets in the Middle East and Europe and will offer Melbournians the convenience of two daily departures and one-stop connectivity to more than 50 great destinations.”
“The addition of a second Boeing 777-300ER will double belly-hold cargo capacity between Melbourne and Abu Dhabi and provide new opportunities for bilateral trade with the UAE – Australia’s largest trading partner in the Middle East.”
The new service will provide more opportunities for twin-centre holidays and will open up one-stop routes to European destinations such as Geneva, Madrid and Zurich.
Abu Dhabi is one of seven United Arab Emirates and a thriving destination for business and leisure travellers. The emirate offers a variety of tourist attractions, activities and luxury hotels in the Middle East.
The emirate boasts Sir Bani Yas Island which is home to the 4,100 hectare Arabian Wildlife Park with mangroves, lagoons, and more than 10,000 free roaming animals; Yas Island with a world-class motor sports racetrack for Formula One events, the Yas Arena, and the Yas Links Golf Course; and Saadiyat Island, a natural island with an array of luxury hotels and resorts, iconic landmarks, marinas, two championship golf courses, museums, and leisure facilities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Sun-seekers will love this deal transporting you to the golden beaches of Phuket
- 3 free-form swimming pools to choose from
- Take advantage of the swim up bar
- Complimentary shuttle service to Ya Nui Beach, Nai harn Beach and Kata Beach
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Soak in the vitamin D on Phuket’s sun-kissed coastline with a stay the Rawai Palm Beach Resort, a matter of steps from...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...