Etihad Airways adds second daily non-stop flight to Melbourne from Abu Dhabi
Etihad Airways has launched a new daily non-stop service between Melbourne in Australia and Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates. The airline will operate the service on a three-class Boeing 777-300ER aircraft and it will be the second daily flight to the emirate, connecting more international visitors to Melbourne, the Middle East and Europe.
Etihad Airways has added a second daily non-stop service between Melbourne and Abu Dhabi.
The airline launched the new flight to Abu Dhabi at the weekend and it will be operated by a three-class Boeing 777-300ER aircraft.
The EY462 service will depart Abu Dhabi at 10.30am local time on Saturdays and arrive down in Melbourne in Australia at approximately 6.05am on Sundays. The return EY463 flight will depart Melbourne at 3pm local time on Sundays and arrive in Abu Dhabi at 11.05am on the same day.
“Becoming the only airline to offer double daily non-stop flights between Melbourne and the UAE clearly demonstrates our ongoing commitment to Victoria and exponentially increases the attractiveness of our customer proposition,” explained James Hogan, the President of Etihad Airways.
“From August 1st we will connect more international visitors to Melbourne from more markets in the Middle East and Europe and will offer Melbournians the convenience of two daily departures and one-stop connectivity to more than 50 great destinations.”
“The addition of a second Boeing 777-300ER will double belly-hold cargo capacity between Melbourne and Abu Dhabi and provide new opportunities for bilateral trade with the UAE – Australia’s largest trading partner in the Middle East.”
The new service will provide more opportunities for twin-centre holidays and will open up one-stop routes to European destinations such as Geneva, Madrid and Zurich.
Abu Dhabi is one of seven United Arab Emirates and a thriving destination for business and leisure travellers. The emirate offers a variety of tourist attractions, activities and luxury hotels in the Middle East.
The emirate boasts Sir Bani Yas Island which is home to the 4,100 hectare Arabian Wildlife Park with mangroves, lagoons, and more than 10,000 free roaming animals; Yas Island with a world-class motor sports racetrack for Formula One events, the Yas Arena, and the Yas Links Golf Course; and Saadiyat Island, a natural island with an array of luxury hotels and resorts, iconic landmarks, marinas, two championship golf courses, museums, and leisure facilities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With a good location next to the city centre and the medina, this charming hotel will put you in close proximity to the...