Etihad Airways adds second daily non-stop flight to Melbourne from Abu Dhabi
Etihad Airways has launched a new daily non-stop service between Melbourne in Australia and Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates. The airline will operate the service on a three-class Boeing 777-300ER aircraft and it will be the second daily flight to the emirate, connecting more international visitors to Melbourne, the Middle East and Europe.
Etihad Airways has added a second daily non-stop service between Melbourne and Abu Dhabi.
The airline launched the new flight to Abu Dhabi at the weekend and it will be operated by a three-class Boeing 777-300ER aircraft.
The EY462 service will depart Abu Dhabi at 10.30am local time on Saturdays and arrive down in Melbourne in Australia at approximately 6.05am on Sundays. The return EY463 flight will depart Melbourne at 3pm local time on Sundays and arrive in Abu Dhabi at 11.05am on the same day.
“Becoming the only airline to offer double daily non-stop flights between Melbourne and the UAE clearly demonstrates our ongoing commitment to Victoria and exponentially increases the attractiveness of our customer proposition,” explained James Hogan, the President of Etihad Airways.
“From August 1st we will connect more international visitors to Melbourne from more markets in the Middle East and Europe and will offer Melbournians the convenience of two daily departures and one-stop connectivity to more than 50 great destinations.”
“The addition of a second Boeing 777-300ER will double belly-hold cargo capacity between Melbourne and Abu Dhabi and provide new opportunities for bilateral trade with the UAE – Australia’s largest trading partner in the Middle East.”
The new service will provide more opportunities for twin-centre holidays and will open up one-stop routes to European destinations such as Geneva, Madrid and Zurich.
Abu Dhabi is one of seven United Arab Emirates and a thriving destination for business and leisure travellers. The emirate offers a variety of tourist attractions, activities and luxury hotels in the Middle East.
The emirate boasts Sir Bani Yas Island which is home to the 4,100 hectare Arabian Wildlife Park with mangroves, lagoons, and more than 10,000 free roaming animals; Yas Island with a world-class motor sports racetrack for Formula One events, the Yas Arena, and the Yas Links Golf Course; and Saadiyat Island, a natural island with an array of luxury hotels and resorts, iconic landmarks, marinas, two championship golf courses, museums, and leisure facilities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES from £ 1899 for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Enjoy a taste of Thailand with a complimentary cooking class
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...