Expedia records significant increase in hotel bookings in St Lucia
The travel group Expedia has recorded a serge in bookings for hotels on the Caribbean island of St Lucia. Overall demand increased by 20 per cent during the first quarter of 2015, compared to the same period last year, and there has been a 25 per cent increase in bookings for four and five star hotels and resorts.
The online travel company Expedia has recorded a significant surge in hotel bookings on the tropical island of St Lucia.
During the first quarter of 2015, demand in travel to St Lucia has increased by more than 20 per cent, compared to the same time last year.
Demand for four and five star hotels and resorts has increased by 25 per cent, and package bookings have also increased by 25 per cent.
Package holidays usually combine flights and hotel and travellers often stay twice the amount of time than standard bookings.
"St. Lucia has always been an important Caribbean destination for the Expedia group, and to highlight that we now have a dedicated team member based locally in St. Lucia."
Commented Demetrius Canton, the Director of Lodging Partner Services for the Caribbean, at the Expedia Group. He also explained:
"Between our global reach, technology investments and our local market presence, we've enhanced our ability to effectively serve our partners and support the continued growth of this destination."
St Lucia is an island nation located in the Caribbean Sea, north-west of Barbados. It is home to some of the world's most magnificent natural landscapes, from white sand beaches, and turquoise ocean waters, to rolling green hills, soaring mountain peaks, and cascading waterfalls.
The island boasts unique sites including one of the world's only drive-in volcanoes and the soaring UNESCO designated emerald-sloped Pitons. The annual St Lucia Jazz Festival is a popular event that attracts international visitors and musical talent, and Pigeon Island National Park, which is home to the old British military base Fort Rodney, is one of the most visited sites on the island.
The 238-square-mile island certainly lives up to its tagline ‘Simply Beautiful' and as the recipient of multiple international awards, it is a hotpot for romantic destination weddings, honeymoons, and family holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Bask upon the glorious white sands of Reduit Beach at Papillon by Rex Resorts
- Range of fabulous dining options available, from buffets to sit-downs, Italian to Caribbean cuisines - something for every guests' taste-buds
- Summer Sale with incredible savings of upto 45% in all room types until 3rd January 2019
- Kids friendly resort, with babysitting services and a Rexplorers kids club (4-12yrs) providing engaging and fun entertainment
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystalline waters of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Exclusive Half Term special offer, limited availability so book now!
- Kids can enjoy a playground as well as a kids' club open daily for 2 to 11 year olds
- Non-motorised water sports including hobie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Two Worlds in One - 85 Acre resort with an adults section and family section complete with St Lucia's only water park
- $1000 worth of complimentary resort credit to be used in resort on Spa treatments, upgrades and more
- Save up to a fantastic 60% plus up to the 2 Children/Teens STAYS FREE
Guests will be delighted by Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa , set on an expansive stretch of the golden sandy beach
- The resort offers a refined yet fun atmosphere and a superb range of Global Gourmet® options and leisure facilities
- The Red Lane Spa® offers exclusive services ideal for relaxation and rejuvenation
- Enjoy Free Green Fees & Trandfers at Sandals St Lucia Golf & Country Club
- Save up to 45% plus Summer Savings with amazing discounts on select rooms
- Enjoy a round of golf at the 9 hole golf course, laze by the pool, try the range of water sports or dance the night away at the nightclub
Take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with a luxury escape to the west coast of the magical St Lucia....
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
The all-new Harbor Club offers guests a Caribbean resort experience unlike any other where you can unwind and experience...