Expedia records significant increase in hotel bookings in St Lucia
The travel group Expedia has recorded a serge in bookings for hotels on the Caribbean island of St Lucia. Overall demand increased by 20 per cent during the first quarter of 2015, compared to the same period last year, and there has been a 25 per cent increase in bookings for four and five star hotels and resorts.
The online travel company Expedia has recorded a significant surge in hotel bookings on the tropical island of St Lucia.
During the first quarter of 2015, demand in travel to St Lucia has increased by more than 20 per cent, compared to the same time last year.
Demand for four and five star hotels and resorts has increased by 25 per cent, and package bookings have also increased by 25 per cent.
Package holidays usually combine flights and hotel and travellers often stay twice the amount of time than standard bookings.
"St. Lucia has always been an important Caribbean destination for the Expedia group, and to highlight that we now have a dedicated team member based locally in St. Lucia."
Commented Demetrius Canton, the Director of Lodging Partner Services for the Caribbean, at the Expedia Group. He also explained:
"Between our global reach, technology investments and our local market presence, we've enhanced our ability to effectively serve our partners and support the continued growth of this destination."
St Lucia is an island nation located in the Caribbean Sea, north-west of Barbados. It is home to some of the world's most magnificent natural landscapes, from white sand beaches, and turquoise ocean waters, to rolling green hills, soaring mountain peaks, and cascading waterfalls.
The island boasts unique sites including one of the world's only drive-in volcanoes and the soaring UNESCO designated emerald-sloped Pitons. The annual St Lucia Jazz Festival is a popular event that attracts international visitors and musical talent, and Pigeon Island National Park, which is home to the old British military base Fort Rodney, is one of the most visited sites on the island.
The 238-square-mile island certainly lives up to its tagline ‘Simply Beautiful' and as the recipient of multiple international awards, it is a hotpot for romantic destination weddings, honeymoons, and family holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Children stay and eat FREE when sharing with 2 adults!
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste on your All Inclusive stay!
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia expericne
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Save up to a fantastic 58%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE
- Please note hotel is closed for renovations on 1st-30th September 17
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway in the stunningly secluded Choc Bay.
- Winter Sale: Save £900 in a upgraded Honeymoon Hideaway Luxury Poolside Room
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant and enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals La Toc
- Get unlimited scuba diving fully included as part of your experience!
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Find peace and quiet as you enjoy the astounding natural beauty which surrounds the Marigot Bay hotel during an 8-day...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
The volcanic island of St. Lucia is one abundant in natural beauty. It is home to the most mountains among the Caribbean...