Expedia records significant increase in hotel bookings in St Lucia
The travel group Expedia has recorded a serge in bookings for hotels on the Caribbean island of St Lucia. Overall demand increased by 20 per cent during the first quarter of 2015, compared to the same period last year, and there has been a 25 per cent increase in bookings for four and five star hotels and resorts.
The online travel company Expedia has recorded a significant surge in hotel bookings on the tropical island of St Lucia.
During the first quarter of 2015, demand in travel to St Lucia has increased by more than 20 per cent, compared to the same time last year.
Demand for four and five star hotels and resorts has increased by 25 per cent, and package bookings have also increased by 25 per cent.
Package holidays usually combine flights and hotel and travellers often stay twice the amount of time than standard bookings.
"St. Lucia has always been an important Caribbean destination for the Expedia group, and to highlight that we now have a dedicated team member based locally in St. Lucia."
Commented Demetrius Canton, the Director of Lodging Partner Services for the Caribbean, at the Expedia Group. He also explained:
"Between our global reach, technology investments and our local market presence, we've enhanced our ability to effectively serve our partners and support the continued growth of this destination."
St Lucia is an island nation located in the Caribbean Sea, north-west of Barbados. It is home to some of the world's most magnificent natural landscapes, from white sand beaches, and turquoise ocean waters, to rolling green hills, soaring mountain peaks, and cascading waterfalls.
The island boasts unique sites including one of the world's only drive-in volcanoes and the soaring UNESCO designated emerald-sloped Pitons. The annual St Lucia Jazz Festival is a popular event that attracts international visitors and musical talent, and Pigeon Island National Park, which is home to the old British military base Fort Rodney, is one of the most visited sites on the island.
The 238-square-mile island certainly lives up to its tagline ‘Simply Beautiful' and as the recipient of multiple international awards, it is a hotpot for romantic destination weddings, honeymoons, and family holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Check into a pretty boutique hotel and experience St Lucia's best beaches, restaurants and nightlife - you can even try your luck at Treasure Bay Casino!
- Exclusive! Book and save £500 per person!
- Perfectly placed at the heart of lively Rodney Bay Village
- Go for a de-stressing or beautifying treatment at the hotel's spa
- Enjoy a spicy island vibe at the hotel's Koko Cabana Bistro & Bar, offering regular live entertainment, barbecues & much more
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Premium All-Inclusive Resort with 8 Restaurants and 7 Bars to choose from
- Save up to a fantastic 70% up to the 2 Children/Teens STAYS FREE
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Two Worlds in One - 85 Acre resort with a family and adults only section
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Laze in one of the hotel's many pools or discover the tropical beach a short boat ride away
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina in your room
Leave life's stresses behind and unwind in St Lucia and take advantage of a hotel designed for romance
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Book one of the Honeymoon and Wedding Packages to receive extras that range from a romantic sunset cruise, room upgrades to a private candle lit dinner on the beach
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
- Unique Couples only resort designed for Honeymoons and Weddings
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Set upon the white sands of Reduit beach, the All-inclusive Papillon by Rex Resorts Hotel offers jaw dropping views of...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....