Monsoon season may well be one of the best times to experience Goa
Holidaymakers visiting Goa during the monsoon season will be pleasantly surprised to experience a different side of this top Indian holiday destination. Though it may put a dampener on the typical beach holiday experience, the monsoon season is the perfect time to experience Goa's natural beauty not to mention the fact that holidaymakers can get some of the best deals on hotels and flights during this off peak season.
Thanks to its pristine beaches, with clean up drives and other initiatives developed by the Goa Tourism Development Corporation, Goa has a reputation as a top sun, sea and sand holiday destination.
However, a recent India Today article pointed out the little known secret that the heavy rains during the Monsoon offers a whole new experience for holidaymakers visiting the Indian state.
Listed among the activities that travellers can enjoy when booking holidays in Goa during the monsoon season are visits to the local wildlife sanctuaries including the Mhadei Wildlife Sanctuary in North Goa. Additionally, the heavy rains really give the Dudhsagar Falls in the Mollem National Park the opportunity to showcase its magnificence.
Holidaymakers can take any one of four different trekking routes to get to the waterfalls and once there, they are sure to be impressed with this, according to India Today, "one of Goa's most stunning natural phenomena".
Of course, rain or shine, Goa's nightlife and music scene remains unrivalled in India. From full moon night trance parties to jazz concerts and discos, Goa is one of the most happening destinations in India. With fewer holidaymakers in the state during the less popular monsoon season, party lovers have a better chance of escaping the endless queues to popular spots like Titos, Mambos, Butter Lounge and Shiros.
However, one other major selling point overlooked in India Today's article is the fact the monsoon season is the ideal time for those travellers keen on booking budget holidays in Goa. The onset of the rains typically leads to a 10 to 50 per cent dip in sales for the hotels in Goa.
As a result deals are in abundance during this time with some of the top hotels in the area, including Vivanta by Taj- Fort Aguada, Goa and the Grand Hyatt Goa, offering major discounts. According to experts, discounts at resort properties during the monsoon season can run as high as 50 per cent. Betty Remedios, the director of sales and marketing at the Grand Hyatt Goa stated:
"...during the monsoon we introduce special rates on our packages, as people usually are looking at the best deals during the monsoon period."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In India Browse all
A magical journey on the fastest train in India - A truly once-in-a-lifetime experience to see the Golden Triangle
Travel through the heart of this wonderful country unearthing many hidden gems and witnessing many of India's most famous landmarks and monuments
- Journey on the fantastic Gatimaan Express, India's first train of it's type that was launched in April 2016
- Enjoy various excursions along the way such as a rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, Jeep ride ascending Amber Fort and a Rajasthani feast with a local family, all included
- Travel between New Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, with English speaking local guides for sightseeing and excursion tours
Explore India's famed landmarks and rich culture on an all-encompassing adventure that leaves no stone unturned
- Call now to upgrade to a private tour, including a private car and driver, and personal local guides
- Envisage many world renowned sights including the Taj Mahal with amazing inclusions to experience such as an exclusive Rajasthani Feast
- During the tour you'll be able to enjoy various extras including a bicycle rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, a Chambal River Safari and much more
Go for a once-in-a-lifetime adventure and get a fuller taste of India when you combine culture and village lifestyle traditions.
- This is a journey through the heart of India to explore the old and new part of Delhi the capital city, the Taj Mahal in Agra and much more
- Services of an English-Speaking local Guide shall be provided for the sightseeing and excursion tours as per the itinerary
- During the tour you will be staying at fabulous comfortable hotels that are all 4* and above
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Tour Overview With the Arabian Sea in the west, the Western Ghats towering 500-2700 m in the east and networked by 44...
Be introduced to the magic of India with the perfect 9 night tour encompassing amazing sights through the cities of...
Enjoy an India adventure with this ten night tour of some of India's most mystical cities and attractions. This is a...
Nazri Resort has a prime location on the edge of the white sandy Baga Beach set in lush greenery and is flanked by the...
Discover the untold treasures of the capital of the Indian state of Kerala with an eight-day excursion to Trivandrum. It...
India can make a strong claim to be the most exciting and rewarding travel destination in the world. From the...