Monsoon season may well be one of the best times to experience Goa
Holidaymakers visiting Goa during the monsoon season will be pleasantly surprised to experience a different side of this top Indian holiday destination. Though it may put a dampener on the typical beach holiday experience, the monsoon season is the perfect time to experience Goa's natural beauty not to mention the fact that holidaymakers can get some of the best deals on hotels and flights during this off peak season.
Thanks to its pristine beaches, with clean up drives and other initiatives developed by the Goa Tourism Development Corporation, Goa has a reputation as a top sun, sea and sand holiday destination.
However, a recent India Today article pointed out the little known secret that the heavy rains during the Monsoon offers a whole new experience for holidaymakers visiting the Indian state.
Listed among the activities that travellers can enjoy when booking holidays in Goa during the monsoon season are visits to the local wildlife sanctuaries including the Mhadei Wildlife Sanctuary in North Goa. Additionally, the heavy rains really give the Dudhsagar Falls in the Mollem National Park the opportunity to showcase its magnificence.
Holidaymakers can take any one of four different trekking routes to get to the waterfalls and once there, they are sure to be impressed with this, according to India Today, "one of Goa's most stunning natural phenomena".
Of course, rain or shine, Goa's nightlife and music scene remains unrivalled in India. From full moon night trance parties to jazz concerts and discos, Goa is one of the most happening destinations in India. With fewer holidaymakers in the state during the less popular monsoon season, party lovers have a better chance of escaping the endless queues to popular spots like Titos, Mambos, Butter Lounge and Shiros.
However, one other major selling point overlooked in India Today's article is the fact the monsoon season is the ideal time for those travellers keen on booking budget holidays in Goa. The onset of the rains typically leads to a 10 to 50 per cent dip in sales for the hotels in Goa.
As a result deals are in abundance during this time with some of the top hotels in the area, including Vivanta by Taj- Fort Aguada, Goa and the Grand Hyatt Goa, offering major discounts. According to experts, discounts at resort properties during the monsoon season can run as high as 50 per cent. Betty Remedios, the director of sales and marketing at the Grand Hyatt Goa stated:
"...during the monsoon we introduce special rates on our packages, as people usually are looking at the best deals during the monsoon period."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In India Browse all
Journey through the heart of India exploring various monuments including The Taj Mahal and The Golden Temple in Amritsar
Go on a holiday of a lifetime visiting many of the must see tourist spots and more secluded parts that will memorable memories
- Visit the Wagah border to experience the amazing "Lowering of the Flag" ceremony a once in a lifetime activity to witness
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing and excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and enjoy two fabolous dinners in Amritsar
Spend your days exploring some of the country's most iconic landmarks and spectacular sights on this tour of a lifetime
- Visit the famous Heritage Village of Pragpur, Home to the famous Kangra School of Paintings
- Travel into the famous Himalayas and you will witness the region's rich heritage, breathtaking views and culture
- During the tour, you will visit some of India's most famous monuments including the Golden Temple, India Gate, Qutub Minar and much more
Go for a once-in-a-lifetime adventure and get a fuller taste of India when you combine culture and village lifestyle traditions.
- Services of an English-Speaking local Guide shall be provided for the sightseeing and excursion tours as per the itinerary
- This is a journey through the heart of India to explore the old and new part of Delhi the capital city, the Taj Mahal in Agra and much more
- During the tour you will be staying at fabulous comfortable hotels that are all 4* and above
Discover the enchantment of India and marvel at the splendour of the Golden Triangle in style, then follow in the footsteps of the great sultans on a Tiger Safari
- See the Majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, see the Red Fort and then walk down the bustling streets of Chandni Chowk in Delhi
- Tour includes Horse Carriage ride while visiting the Taj Mahal and Elephant Ride to the Amber Fort
- Discover Ranthambore National Park's Jungle Safari
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Be introduced to the magic of India with the perfect 9 night tour encompassing amazing sights through the cities of...
Enjoy an India adventure with this ten night tour of some of India's most mystical cities and attractions. This is a...
Discover the untold treasures of the capital of the Indian state of Kerala with an eight-day excursion to Trivandrum. It...
Nazri Resort has a prime location on the edge of the white sandy Baga Beach set in lush greenery and is flanked by the...
Ideally located on the shore of the longest beach, The Zuri White Sands, Goa Resort and Casino is perfect for those...