St Lucia to celebrate its chocolatey heritage with tasty activities and treats in August
The Caribbean island of St Lucia is celebrating chocolate next month with a series of cocoa-inspired treats and activities. During August, holidaymakers can enjoy chocolate-infused spa treatments, cocoa plantation tours, chocolate dinners and choc-tails at luxury resorts, as well as Bean to Bar experiences.
Holidaymakers visiting St Lucia next month will be in for a series of sweet treats as the island celebrates everything cocoa-related.
During August, St Lucia will be offering a series of chocolate-inspired experiences as part of Chocolate Heritage Month, from cocoa plantation tours, to choc-tails and chocolate dinners at luxury resorts.
The Caribbean island will be celebrating its rich heritage in the cocoa industry, which dates back to the 1700s, through a range of activities and services at its hotels, resorts and spas during the four-week festival.
At The Landings, guests can savour a delicious Chocolate Dinner Menu that features local Conch and White Chocolate fritters served with Banana Chutney and Organic Greens, Bitter Chocolate Grilled Beef Tenderloin and Chocolate Ravioli filled with Mascarpone and Caramelised home-grown Oranges. Prices start from £42 per person.
Cap Maison on the oher hand, is offering the Rum and Chocolate Pairing in their Cellar Maison, where guests will have the chance to taste their own solera-blended cask-aged rum which can be bottled to take back home with them. Prices start from £36 per person and the experience will be available throughout August.
Tourists who are looking to indulge in luxury spa treatments can head to Jade Mountain and enjoy its Chocolate Delight Spa Experience. The 60-minute treatment uses local cocoa beans, and guests can enjoy the benefits of the chocolate's anti-oxidant properties with treatments costing £101.
At Boucan by Hotel Chocolat, guests can take part in the Tree to Bar Experience, where they will learn how chocolate is grown and produced into bars. They will also have an opportunity to create their own chocolate. The experience costs £40 per person.
St Lucia is an island nation in the Caribbean Sea and a hotspot for romantic weddings, honeymoons, and family holidays. The 238-square-mile Caribbean island lives up to its tagline ‘Simply Beautiful' and as the recipient of multiple international awards.
Popular tourist attractions (beside all the chocolate!) include the cascading Diamond Falls, the famous Anse Chastanet beach and one of the only drive-thru volcanoes in the world. Visitors can explore the harbour town and capital city, Castries, or hike through Pigeon Island National Park, which features the old British military base, Fort Rodney.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
Go for an all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Save a fantastic 60%!! and book a Deluxe Garden View Splash and Get a Free Upgrade to Deluxe Ocean View Splash
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
Guests will be delighted by this couples only resort, set on an expansive stretch of the golden sandy beach
- Book a standard coach transfer and get a FREE Upgrade to a Private Transfer - Must book before 25th October 2016
- The resort offers a refined yet fun atmosphere and a superb range of dining options and leisure facilities
- The red lane spa offers exclusive services ideal for relaxation and rejuvenation
- Enjoy a round of golf at the 9 hole golf course, laze by the pool, try the range of water sports or dance the night away at the nightclub
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Complimentary DOUBLE Room upgrade available when staying in a Verandah Suite
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Spoil yourself with eight days of limitless sun and sand on the Caribbean island of St Lucia. One of its brightest...