St Lucia to celebrate its chocolatey heritage with tasty activities and treats in August
The Caribbean island of St Lucia is celebrating chocolate next month with a series of cocoa-inspired treats and activities. During August, holidaymakers can enjoy chocolate-infused spa treatments, cocoa plantation tours, chocolate dinners and choc-tails at luxury resorts, as well as Bean to Bar experiences.
Holidaymakers visiting St Lucia next month will be in for a series of sweet treats as the island celebrates everything cocoa-related.
During August, St Lucia will be offering a series of chocolate-inspired experiences as part of Chocolate Heritage Month, from cocoa plantation tours, to choc-tails and chocolate dinners at luxury resorts.
The Caribbean island will be celebrating its rich heritage in the cocoa industry, which dates back to the 1700s, through a range of activities and services at its hotels, resorts and spas during the four-week festival.
At The Landings, guests can savour a delicious Chocolate Dinner Menu that features local Conch and White Chocolate fritters served with Banana Chutney and Organic Greens, Bitter Chocolate Grilled Beef Tenderloin and Chocolate Ravioli filled with Mascarpone and Caramelised home-grown Oranges. Prices start from £42 per person.
Cap Maison on the oher hand, is offering the Rum and Chocolate Pairing in their Cellar Maison, where guests will have the chance to taste their own solera-blended cask-aged rum which can be bottled to take back home with them. Prices start from £36 per person and the experience will be available throughout August.
Tourists who are looking to indulge in luxury spa treatments can head to Jade Mountain and enjoy its Chocolate Delight Spa Experience. The 60-minute treatment uses local cocoa beans, and guests can enjoy the benefits of the chocolate's anti-oxidant properties with treatments costing £101.
At Boucan by Hotel Chocolat, guests can take part in the Tree to Bar Experience, where they will learn how chocolate is grown and produced into bars. They will also have an opportunity to create their own chocolate. The experience costs £40 per person.
St Lucia is an island nation in the Caribbean Sea and a hotspot for romantic weddings, honeymoons, and family holidays. The 238-square-mile Caribbean island lives up to its tagline ‘Simply Beautiful' and as the recipient of multiple international awards.
Popular tourist attractions (beside all the chocolate!) include the cascading Diamond Falls, the famous Anse Chastanet beach and one of the only drive-thru volcanoes in the world. Visitors can explore the harbour town and capital city, Castries, or hike through Pigeon Island National Park, which features the old British military base, Fort Rodney.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Bask upon the glorious white sands of Reduit Beach at Papillon by Rex Resorts
- Kids friendly resort, with babysitting services and a Rexplorers kids club (4-12yrs) providing engaging and fun entertainment
- Indulge in the relaxing services of the Royal Spa, featuring a range of ELEMIS products, perfect for relaxing and unwinding
- Book and save £300 per person with the upto 40% sale
- Range of fabulous dining options available, from buffets to sit-downs, Italian to Caribbean cuisines - something for every guests' taste-buds
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Laze in one of the hotel's many pools or discover the tropical beach a short boat ride away
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina in your room
Leave life's stresses behind and unwind in St Lucia and take advantage of a hotel designed for romance
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Book one of the Honeymoon and Wedding Packages to receive extras that range from a romantic sunset cruise, room upgrades to a private candle lit dinner on the beach
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
- Unique Couples only resort designed for Honeymoons and Weddings
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Set upon the white sands of Reduit beach, the All-inclusive Papillon by Rex Resorts Hotel offers jaw dropping views of...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....