St Lucia to celebrate its chocolatey heritage with tasty activities and treats in August
The Caribbean island of St Lucia is celebrating chocolate next month with a series of cocoa-inspired treats and activities. During August, holidaymakers can enjoy chocolate-infused spa treatments, cocoa plantation tours, chocolate dinners and choc-tails at luxury resorts, as well as Bean to Bar experiences.
Holidaymakers visiting St Lucia next month will be in for a series of sweet treats as the island celebrates everything cocoa-related.
During August, St Lucia will be offering a series of chocolate-inspired experiences as part of Chocolate Heritage Month, from cocoa plantation tours, to choc-tails and chocolate dinners at luxury resorts.
The Caribbean island will be celebrating its rich heritage in the cocoa industry, which dates back to the 1700s, through a range of activities and services at its hotels, resorts and spas during the four-week festival.
At The Landings, guests can savour a delicious Chocolate Dinner Menu that features local Conch and White Chocolate fritters served with Banana Chutney and Organic Greens, Bitter Chocolate Grilled Beef Tenderloin and Chocolate Ravioli filled with Mascarpone and Caramelised home-grown Oranges. Prices start from £42 per person.
Cap Maison on the oher hand, is offering the Rum and Chocolate Pairing in their Cellar Maison, where guests will have the chance to taste their own solera-blended cask-aged rum which can be bottled to take back home with them. Prices start from £36 per person and the experience will be available throughout August.
Tourists who are looking to indulge in luxury spa treatments can head to Jade Mountain and enjoy its Chocolate Delight Spa Experience. The 60-minute treatment uses local cocoa beans, and guests can enjoy the benefits of the chocolate's anti-oxidant properties with treatments costing £101.
At Boucan by Hotel Chocolat, guests can take part in the Tree to Bar Experience, where they will learn how chocolate is grown and produced into bars. They will also have an opportunity to create their own chocolate. The experience costs £40 per person.
St Lucia is an island nation in the Caribbean Sea and a hotspot for romantic weddings, honeymoons, and family holidays. The 238-square-mile Caribbean island lives up to its tagline ‘Simply Beautiful' and as the recipient of multiple international awards.
Popular tourist attractions (beside all the chocolate!) include the cascading Diamond Falls, the famous Anse Chastanet beach and one of the only drive-thru volcanoes in the world. Visitors can explore the harbour town and capital city, Castries, or hike through Pigeon Island National Park, which features the old British military base, Fort Rodney.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Bask upon the glorious white sands of Reduit Beach at Papillon by Rex Resorts
- Range of fabulous dining options available, from buffets to sit-downs, Italian to Caribbean cuisines - something for every guests' taste-buds
- Summer Sale with incredible savings of upto 45% in all room types until 3rd January 2019
- Kids friendly resort, with babysitting services and a Rexplorers kids club (4-12yrs) providing engaging and fun entertainment
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystalline waters of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Exclusive Half Term special offer, limited availability so book now!
- Kids can enjoy a playground as well as a kids' club open daily for 2 to 11 year olds
- Non-motorised water sports including hobie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Two Worlds in One - 85 Acre resort with an adults section and family section complete with St Lucia's only water park
- $1000 worth of complimentary resort credit to be used in resort on Spa treatments, upgrades and more
- Save up to a fantastic 60% plus up to the 2 Children/Teens STAYS FREE
Guests will be delighted by Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa , set on an expansive stretch of the golden sandy beach
- The resort offers a refined yet fun atmosphere and a superb range of Global Gourmet® options and leisure facilities
- The Red Lane Spa® offers exclusive services ideal for relaxation and rejuvenation
- Enjoy Free Green Fees & Trandfers at Sandals St Lucia Golf & Country Club
- Save up to 45% plus Summer Savings with amazing discounts on select rooms
- Enjoy a round of golf at the 9 hole golf course, laze by the pool, try the range of water sports or dance the night away at the nightclub
Take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with a luxury escape to the west coast of the magical St Lucia....
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
The all-new Harbor Club offers guests a Caribbean resort experience unlike any other where you can unwind and experience...