Jetwing comes out on top at the 2015 Pacific Asia Travel Association awards
Jetwing Hotels has been awarded both a Grand and a Gold Award at this year's Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) awards. Adding to the significance of the achievement, this marks the third consecutive year that Jetwing has taken home a Grand Award and notably Jetwing was the only Sri Lankan hospitality company to take home an award.
Jetwing Hotels has once again proved itself as the hospitality brand in Sri Lanka taking home Grand and Gold Awards at this year's Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) awards.
The Jetwing Yala Hotel took home the Grand Award for its sustainability initiatives making this the third consecutive year that Jetwing has taken home a Grand Award. Jetwing also won a Gold Award in the Marketing category for its "The Front Desk" newsletter. The award ceremony is scheduled to take place at the PATA Travel Mart in Banglore, this September.
Since its launch in January 2014, the Jetwing Yala has firmly established itself as one of the top luxury hotels in Yala, Sri Lanka with views of the Indian Ocean and massive sand dunes there is little wonder why this resort is a favourite among holidaymakers.
At the Jetwing Yala Hotel guests have a choice of staying in one of 80 rooms and 10 luxury tented villas. Arguably one of Jetwing Yala's greatest assets is the fact that it proves that luxury and sustainability can coexist.
Some of the sustainability initiatives implemented at the hotel include the fact that up to 40 per cent of the property's electricity is generated by a 1,000 panel solar park located on the hotel grounds, additionally air conditioning is powered by a vapour absorption chiller which is powered by a cinnamon wood fuelled biomass boiler.
This year there were 269 entries from 83 different organisations and notably, Jetwing was the only Sri Lankan brand to be honoured with an award, let alone two. Jetwing's Chairman, Hiran Cooray noted that the awards were nod to Sri Lanka's tourism industry as a whole stating:
"This is a victory for Sri Lanka, and not just Jetwing. If you look at all the other winners, the majority belong to the tourism authorities of countries- Hong Kong, Australia, Taiwan and Korea for example. To be recognised and winning both a Grand and a Gold Award speaks volumes about our efforts, and proves that we as a country and a company are on the right path."
The PATA awards aim to honour achievements in the categories of Marketing, Environment, Heritage and Culture, Education and Training, Marketing Media and Travel Journalism, entries are judged by a panel of experts.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Located in Negombo, on the west coast of Sri Lanka, Club Dolphin offers a relaxing and comfortable stay at the heart of one of Asia's most diverse countries.
- Cottages are spread throughout the gardens and have air conditioning, mini fridge and cable TV
- Club Dolphin is set in acres of coconut groves, beside a golden sand beach and backing onto a canal
- The hotel has two pools, one activity pool and a quiet pool, with the main pool winding through the resort
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Enjoy the peace and quite with a good choice of amenities and great location to discover the world of Sri Lanka
- Warm atmosphere and chic design make for a comfortable stay
- Tripadvisor Award Winner with a certificate of excellence for 2015
- Enjoy the amazing traditional and international cuisines presented in tempting Ã la carte menus and buffet style
- price includes free Half Board Upgrade
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
Surrounded by vast paddy fields and exceptional natural beauty, the Kithala Resort is a true tropical haven as one...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....