Jetwing comes out on top at the 2015 Pacific Asia Travel Association awards
Jetwing Hotels has been awarded both a Grand and a Gold Award at this year's Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) awards. Adding to the significance of the achievement, this marks the third consecutive year that Jetwing has taken home a Grand Award and notably Jetwing was the only Sri Lankan hospitality company to take home an award.
Jetwing Hotels has once again proved itself as the hospitality brand in Sri Lanka taking home Grand and Gold Awards at this year's Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) awards.
The Jetwing Yala Hotel took home the Grand Award for its sustainability initiatives making this the third consecutive year that Jetwing has taken home a Grand Award. Jetwing also won a Gold Award in the Marketing category for its "The Front Desk" newsletter. The award ceremony is scheduled to take place at the PATA Travel Mart in Banglore, this September.
Since its launch in January 2014, the Jetwing Yala has firmly established itself as one of the top luxury hotels in Yala, Sri Lanka with views of the Indian Ocean and massive sand dunes there is little wonder why this resort is a favourite among holidaymakers.
At the Jetwing Yala Hotel guests have a choice of staying in one of 80 rooms and 10 luxury tented villas. Arguably one of Jetwing Yala's greatest assets is the fact that it proves that luxury and sustainability can coexist.
Some of the sustainability initiatives implemented at the hotel include the fact that up to 40 per cent of the property's electricity is generated by a 1,000 panel solar park located on the hotel grounds, additionally air conditioning is powered by a vapour absorption chiller which is powered by a cinnamon wood fuelled biomass boiler.
This year there were 269 entries from 83 different organisations and notably, Jetwing was the only Sri Lankan brand to be honoured with an award, let alone two. Jetwing's Chairman, Hiran Cooray noted that the awards were nod to Sri Lanka's tourism industry as a whole stating:
"This is a victory for Sri Lanka, and not just Jetwing. If you look at all the other winners, the majority belong to the tourism authorities of countries- Hong Kong, Australia, Taiwan and Korea for example. To be recognised and winning both a Grand and a Gold Award speaks volumes about our efforts, and proves that we as a country and a company are on the right path."
The PATA awards aim to honour achievements in the categories of Marketing, Environment, Heritage and Culture, Education and Training, Marketing Media and Travel Journalism, entries are judged by a panel of experts.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Enjoy a relaxing stay in an ideal setting surrounded by lush frangipanis, swaying palms and the glistening blue waters of Bentota's beaches.
- Discover Sri Lanka's cultural wonders from a soothing luxury retreat oozing 18th century charm
- Bask in acres of lush gardens framed by frangipani trees and facing a secluded golden sand beach
- Be wowed by the Dine by Design concept, allowing you to eat out in an array of scenic settings
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Discover local life in a fishing village, explore rainforests, Temples and much more on Sri Lanka's West Coast, and enjoy great value for money
- All rooms include a balcony or terrace with either Partial Sea View or Ocean View
- Enjoy Yoga, Snooker, access to 2 Swimming Pools & much more
- Access to the Sahana Spa and leave your daily stress behind with the magical touch of various spa treatments
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Soak up the sunshine that pours down on Sri Lanka's Indian Ocean coastline at Tangerine Beach. Make the scenic resort...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
This fantastic package allows you to discover the delights of the Superior Golden Triangle Tour where you will explore...
There are few better places from which to enjoy the calming effect of the Indian Ocean breeze than at Avani Kalutara in...
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...