Jetwing comes out on top at the 2015 Pacific Asia Travel Association awards
Jetwing Hotels has been awarded both a Grand and a Gold Award at this year's Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) awards. Adding to the significance of the achievement, this marks the third consecutive year that Jetwing has taken home a Grand Award and notably Jetwing was the only Sri Lankan hospitality company to take home an award.
Jetwing Hotels has once again proved itself as the hospitality brand in Sri Lanka taking home Grand and Gold Awards at this year's Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) awards.
The Jetwing Yala Hotel took home the Grand Award for its sustainability initiatives making this the third consecutive year that Jetwing has taken home a Grand Award. Jetwing also won a Gold Award in the Marketing category for its "The Front Desk" newsletter. The award ceremony is scheduled to take place at the PATA Travel Mart in Banglore, this September.
Since its launch in January 2014, the Jetwing Yala has firmly established itself as one of the top luxury hotels in Yala, Sri Lanka with views of the Indian Ocean and massive sand dunes there is little wonder why this resort is a favourite among holidaymakers.
At the Jetwing Yala Hotel guests have a choice of staying in one of 80 rooms and 10 luxury tented villas. Arguably one of Jetwing Yala's greatest assets is the fact that it proves that luxury and sustainability can coexist.
Some of the sustainability initiatives implemented at the hotel include the fact that up to 40 per cent of the property's electricity is generated by a 1,000 panel solar park located on the hotel grounds, additionally air conditioning is powered by a vapour absorption chiller which is powered by a cinnamon wood fuelled biomass boiler.
This year there were 269 entries from 83 different organisations and notably, Jetwing was the only Sri Lankan brand to be honoured with an award, let alone two. Jetwing's Chairman, Hiran Cooray noted that the awards were nod to Sri Lanka's tourism industry as a whole stating:
"This is a victory for Sri Lanka, and not just Jetwing. If you look at all the other winners, the majority belong to the tourism authorities of countries- Hong Kong, Australia, Taiwan and Korea for example. To be recognised and winning both a Grand and a Gold Award speaks volumes about our efforts, and proves that we as a country and a company are on the right path."
The PATA awards aim to honour achievements in the categories of Marketing, Environment, Heritage and Culture, Education and Training, Marketing Media and Travel Journalism, entries are judged by a panel of experts.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Embark on a holiday of a lifetime with this amazing twin centre special offer
- Indulge your senses with the amazing spa treatments at the Avani Kalutara
- Enjoy an authentic Rajasthani meal with a local Indian family in Jaipur
- Buy some amazing souvenirs made by sculptors who claim to be direct descendants of the craftsmen who built the Taj Mahal
Take advantage of a this twin destination combination treat
- Enjoy themed nights with flavours from around the world in Sri Lanka
- Discover the wonder of Old and New Delhi with a guided, full day city tour
- Visit the City Palace, an overwhelming complex of exquisite palaces, gardens and courtyards, decorative art and carved doorways
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...
Stay in a world of luxury and comfort at Citrus Waskaduwa, a fantastic beach retreat with top of the range amenities and...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...