Jetwing comes out on top at the 2015 Pacific Asia Travel Association awards
Jetwing Hotels has been awarded both a Grand and a Gold Award at this year's Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) awards. Adding to the significance of the achievement, this marks the third consecutive year that Jetwing has taken home a Grand Award and notably Jetwing was the only Sri Lankan hospitality company to take home an award.
Jetwing Hotels has once again proved itself as the hospitality brand in Sri Lanka taking home Grand and Gold Awards at this year's Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) awards.
The Jetwing Yala Hotel took home the Grand Award for its sustainability initiatives making this the third consecutive year that Jetwing has taken home a Grand Award. Jetwing also won a Gold Award in the Marketing category for its "The Front Desk" newsletter. The award ceremony is scheduled to take place at the PATA Travel Mart in Banglore, this September.
Since its launch in January 2014, the Jetwing Yala has firmly established itself as one of the top luxury hotels in Yala, Sri Lanka with views of the Indian Ocean and massive sand dunes there is little wonder why this resort is a favourite among holidaymakers.
At the Jetwing Yala Hotel guests have a choice of staying in one of 80 rooms and 10 luxury tented villas. Arguably one of Jetwing Yala's greatest assets is the fact that it proves that luxury and sustainability can coexist.
Some of the sustainability initiatives implemented at the hotel include the fact that up to 40 per cent of the property's electricity is generated by a 1,000 panel solar park located on the hotel grounds, additionally air conditioning is powered by a vapour absorption chiller which is powered by a cinnamon wood fuelled biomass boiler.
This year there were 269 entries from 83 different organisations and notably, Jetwing was the only Sri Lankan brand to be honoured with an award, let alone two. Jetwing's Chairman, Hiran Cooray noted that the awards were nod to Sri Lanka's tourism industry as a whole stating:
"This is a victory for Sri Lanka, and not just Jetwing. If you look at all the other winners, the majority belong to the tourism authorities of countries- Hong Kong, Australia, Taiwan and Korea for example. To be recognised and winning both a Grand and a Gold Award speaks volumes about our efforts, and proves that we as a country and a company are on the right path."
The PATA awards aim to honour achievements in the categories of Marketing, Environment, Heritage and Culture, Education and Training, Marketing Media and Travel Journalism, entries are judged by a panel of experts.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Discover local life in a fishing village, explore rainforests, Temples and much more on Sri Lanka's West Coast, and enjoy great value for money
- All rooms include a balcony or terrace with either Partial Sea View or Ocean View
- Enjoy Yoga, Snooker, access to 2 Swimming Pools & much more
- Access to the Sahana Spa and leave your daily stress behind with the magical touch of various spa treatments
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
Surround yourself with ancient ruins and futuristic skyscrapers with a holiday to Sri Lanka and Dubai.
Combine the historical and cultural journey of a lifetime, with a stopover in one of the most futuristic and flashy cities in the world.
- A visit to one of the world’s most futuristic, indulgent and snazzy cities in the world – Dubai.
- Discover lush nature reserves, amazing temples, ancient ruins, Heritage sites and an overwhelming culture with a tour of one of the most intriguing and enchanting destinations in the world – Sri Lanka.
- Luxurious 4 & 5 star accommodation throughout the holiday.
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...
Surrounded by vast paddy fields and exceptional natural beauty, the Kithala Resort is a true tropical haven as one...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....
Stay in a world of luxury and comfort at Citrus Waskaduwa, a fantastic beach retreat with top of the range amenities and...