HavanaAir Charters to launch flights between Houston to Havana in Cuba in August
HavanaAir Charters has announced that it will be launching a new direct service between Houston in the United States and Havana in Cuba in August. The company will operate the service on 737-800 aircraft with its partner, the Eastern Air Lines Group, and the flights will be weekly departing on Wednesdays.
HavanaAir Charters will launch a new weekly service to Havana from Houston next month via its air carrier partner, the Eastern Air Lines Group.
The Miami-based tour company will operate the flights to Cuba on Wednesday on 737-800 aircraft from August, 2015.
Mark Elias, the President and Chief Operating Officer of HavanaAir Charters, commented:
"We are very pleased to open the Houston to Cuba market with our valued partner, Eastern Air Lines. HavanaAir has strived to extend the utmost in customer services to the island, and our partnership with Eastern has proven to provide an entirely new level of service to Cuba with their Next Generation Boeing aircraft, truly professional crew and support staff."
HavanaAir Charters currently offers 65 flights a month between Miami to Havana, as well as additional service to Santa Clara and Camaguey in Cuba.
"We are once again excited to partner with HavanaAir on their new service from Houston, and we look forward to launching these new flights from the Houston gateway to complement the existing multiple daily Miami services now provided by Eastern Air Lines."
Explained Ed Wegel, the President and CEO of Eastern Air Lines.
More Americans are looking to travel to Cuba following the recent announcement that diplomatic relations between the United States and Cuba have been resumed.
This week, embassies were opened in Washington and Havana, and while general tourism is still prohibited in Cuba for Americans, travel restrictions have been eased and travellers can visit the Caribbean island through people to people programmes and trips in 12 categories organised by tour operators and charter companies in the U.S.
Havana is the capital city of Cuba and it is rich in history and culture. The city boasts an array of tourist hotspots such as the Malecon, a seafront promenade that runs along the main streets of Havana and offers beautiful views of the bay; the Catedral de San Cristobal; the maritime museum, Castillo de la Real Fuerza; the Old Town, a UNESCO site with restored buildings and the tourist square, Plaza de Armas.
Cuba is a communist island nation located in the Caribbean Sea, south of the Bahamas, which boasts beautiful white and golden sand beaches, the world's second largest barrier reef; and historic cities with a vibrant culture.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...