HavanaAir Charters to launch flights between Houston to Havana in Cuba in August
HavanaAir Charters has announced that it will be launching a new direct service between Houston in the United States and Havana in Cuba in August. The company will operate the service on 737-800 aircraft with its partner, the Eastern Air Lines Group, and the flights will be weekly departing on Wednesdays.
HavanaAir Charters will launch a new weekly service to Havana from Houston next month via its air carrier partner, the Eastern Air Lines Group.
The Miami-based tour company will operate the flights to Cuba on Wednesday on 737-800 aircraft from August, 2015.
Mark Elias, the President and Chief Operating Officer of HavanaAir Charters, commented:
"We are very pleased to open the Houston to Cuba market with our valued partner, Eastern Air Lines. HavanaAir has strived to extend the utmost in customer services to the island, and our partnership with Eastern has proven to provide an entirely new level of service to Cuba with their Next Generation Boeing aircraft, truly professional crew and support staff."
HavanaAir Charters currently offers 65 flights a month between Miami to Havana, as well as additional service to Santa Clara and Camaguey in Cuba.
"We are once again excited to partner with HavanaAir on their new service from Houston, and we look forward to launching these new flights from the Houston gateway to complement the existing multiple daily Miami services now provided by Eastern Air Lines."
Explained Ed Wegel, the President and CEO of Eastern Air Lines.
More Americans are looking to travel to Cuba following the recent announcement that diplomatic relations between the United States and Cuba have been resumed.
This week, embassies were opened in Washington and Havana, and while general tourism is still prohibited in Cuba for Americans, travel restrictions have been eased and travellers can visit the Caribbean island through people to people programmes and trips in 12 categories organised by tour operators and charter companies in the U.S.
Havana is the capital city of Cuba and it is rich in history and culture. The city boasts an array of tourist hotspots such as the Malecon, a seafront promenade that runs along the main streets of Havana and offers beautiful views of the bay; the Catedral de San Cristobal; the maritime museum, Castillo de la Real Fuerza; the Old Town, a UNESCO site with restored buildings and the tourist square, Plaza de Armas.
Cuba is a communist island nation located in the Caribbean Sea, south of the Bahamas, which boasts beautiful white and golden sand beaches, the world's second largest barrier reef; and historic cities with a vibrant culture.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to the simply stunning warm waters of Varadero beach
- Enjoy an all-inclusive deal offering Italian and Cuban cuisines, 7 bars and a disco.
- Unwind with a massage or in the Jacuzzi and relish the relaxed, adults-only ambience.
- Enjoy a wide range of activities, including watersports, tennis, dance lessons and entertainment.
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Enjoy a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates upon arrival guaranteed for couples at Melia Habana Hotel and a romantic dinner for two in Havana
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...