HavanaAir Charters to launch flights between Houston to Havana in Cuba in August
HavanaAir Charters has announced that it will be launching a new direct service between Houston in the United States and Havana in Cuba in August. The company will operate the service on 737-800 aircraft with its partner, the Eastern Air Lines Group, and the flights will be weekly departing on Wednesdays.
HavanaAir Charters will launch a new weekly service to Havana from Houston next month via its air carrier partner, the Eastern Air Lines Group.
The Miami-based tour company will operate the flights to Cuba on Wednesday on 737-800 aircraft from August, 2015.
Mark Elias, the President and Chief Operating Officer of HavanaAir Charters, commented:
"We are very pleased to open the Houston to Cuba market with our valued partner, Eastern Air Lines. HavanaAir has strived to extend the utmost in customer services to the island, and our partnership with Eastern has proven to provide an entirely new level of service to Cuba with their Next Generation Boeing aircraft, truly professional crew and support staff."
HavanaAir Charters currently offers 65 flights a month between Miami to Havana, as well as additional service to Santa Clara and Camaguey in Cuba.
"We are once again excited to partner with HavanaAir on their new service from Houston, and we look forward to launching these new flights from the Houston gateway to complement the existing multiple daily Miami services now provided by Eastern Air Lines."
Explained Ed Wegel, the President and CEO of Eastern Air Lines.
More Americans are looking to travel to Cuba following the recent announcement that diplomatic relations between the United States and Cuba have been resumed.
This week, embassies were opened in Washington and Havana, and while general tourism is still prohibited in Cuba for Americans, travel restrictions have been eased and travellers can visit the Caribbean island through people to people programmes and trips in 12 categories organised by tour operators and charter companies in the U.S.
Havana is the capital city of Cuba and it is rich in history and culture. The city boasts an array of tourist hotspots such as the Malecon, a seafront promenade that runs along the main streets of Havana and offers beautiful views of the bay; the Catedral de San Cristobal; the maritime museum, Castillo de la Real Fuerza; the Old Town, a UNESCO site with restored buildings and the tourist square, Plaza de Armas.
Cuba is a communist island nation located in the Caribbean Sea, south of the Bahamas, which boasts beautiful white and golden sand beaches, the world's second largest barrier reef; and historic cities with a vibrant culture.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Starfish Varadero has to offer for an amazing price!
- Varadero History and Nature Tour Included
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Breezes Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...