Travel + Leisure lists Jade Mountain in St Lucia as Top Hotel in the Caribbean
Jade Mountain in St Lucia has been listed as one of the Top 100 Hotels in the World and Number One in the Caribbean by the travel magazine, Travel + Leisure. This is the fourth time and third consecutive year that the luxury resort has received the accolades, which is independently owned by Nick and Karolin Troubetzkoy.
Jade Mountain has been recognised as one of the Top 100 Hotels in the World and Number One in the Caribbean, by Travel + Leisure magazine.
The luxury resort in St Lucia is independently owned by Nick and Karolin Troubetzkoy and this is the fourth time and third consecutive year that it has been listed in the leading travel magazine's awards.
Karolin Troubetzkoy, explained:
"Travel + Leisure readers are incredibly savvy travellers who in addition to luxury, look for sustainable and responsible practices, so this is very high praise indeed. And, we are delighted at the guests' responses to our resort into which we invested so much of our time, resources and passion.
"But you have to remember our staff, of which we are most proud, are world class in their technical skills and world leaders in genuine hospitality and warmth."
She went on to praise her husband Nick for his creativity in the design and construction of the luxury oceanfront resort, where each guest room boasts a view of the soaring twin Pitons, and pointed out their commitment to sustainability.
Karolin also commented:
"Nick wanted to ensure everything was sustainable, which is why the tiles in the infinity pools as well as on many of the walls, were made from recycled glass; the stone was carved by local masons and, among many other sustainable products, the furniture was lovingly carved by local craftspeople."
Nick Troubetzkoy, the resort's architect, chairman, and builder, first opened Anse Chastanet, Jade Mountain's sister property, in the 1970s. He went onto build Jade Mountain which opened in early 2007 on the mountain top overlooking the UNESCO World Heritage listed Piton peaks.
Jade Mountains has 29 open-walled suites, which are called sanctuaries, and 24 of them boast large private infinity pools that appear float out into the nature surroundings.
The AAA Five Diamond hotel sits in the Soufriere hillside and its grounds include the Emerald Estate which boasts its very own organic garden, farm, and 1,000 cocoa trees where high-quality chocolate is made in its onsite chocolate laboratory.
St Lucia is located in the Caribbean Sea, north-west of Barbados, and is home to some of the world's most stunning natural landscapes, from white sand beaches, and turquoise ocean waters, to rolling green hills and majestic mountain peaks.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Children stay and eat FREE when sharing with 2 adults!
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste on your All Inclusive stay!
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia expericne
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation, a FREE Piton Sunset Cruise, plus an extra £55 off booking bonus with 'The Sandals 2 FOR 1 SALE’
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Find peace and quiet as you enjoy the astounding natural beauty which surrounds the Marigot Bay hotel during an 8-day...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Burrowed upon Rodney Bay, The All-inclusive Rex Papillion Hotel offers direct access to the pristine white sands of...