Travel + Leisure lists Jade Mountain in St Lucia as Top Hotel in the Caribbean
Jade Mountain in St Lucia has been listed as one of the Top 100 Hotels in the World and Number One in the Caribbean by the travel magazine, Travel + Leisure. This is the fourth time and third consecutive year that the luxury resort has received the accolades, which is independently owned by Nick and Karolin Troubetzkoy.
Jade Mountain has been recognised as one of the Top 100 Hotels in the World and Number One in the Caribbean, by Travel + Leisure magazine.
The luxury resort in St Lucia is independently owned by Nick and Karolin Troubetzkoy and this is the fourth time and third consecutive year that it has been listed in the leading travel magazine's awards.
Karolin Troubetzkoy, explained:
"Travel + Leisure readers are incredibly savvy travellers who in addition to luxury, look for sustainable and responsible practices, so this is very high praise indeed. And, we are delighted at the guests' responses to our resort into which we invested so much of our time, resources and passion.
"But you have to remember our staff, of which we are most proud, are world class in their technical skills and world leaders in genuine hospitality and warmth."
She went on to praise her husband Nick for his creativity in the design and construction of the luxury oceanfront resort, where each guest room boasts a view of the soaring twin Pitons, and pointed out their commitment to sustainability.
Karolin also commented:
"Nick wanted to ensure everything was sustainable, which is why the tiles in the infinity pools as well as on many of the walls, were made from recycled glass; the stone was carved by local masons and, among many other sustainable products, the furniture was lovingly carved by local craftspeople."
Nick Troubetzkoy, the resort's architect, chairman, and builder, first opened Anse Chastanet, Jade Mountain's sister property, in the 1970s. He went onto build Jade Mountain which opened in early 2007 on the mountain top overlooking the UNESCO World Heritage listed Piton peaks.
Jade Mountains has 29 open-walled suites, which are called sanctuaries, and 24 of them boast large private infinity pools that appear float out into the nature surroundings.
The AAA Five Diamond hotel sits in the Soufriere hillside and its grounds include the Emerald Estate which boasts its very own organic garden, farm, and 1,000 cocoa trees where high-quality chocolate is made in its onsite chocolate laboratory.
St Lucia is located in the Caribbean Sea, north-west of Barbados, and is home to some of the world's most stunning natural landscapes, from white sand beaches, and turquoise ocean waters, to rolling green hills and majestic mountain peaks.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Save up to a fantastic 60%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE plus 50% for Christmas & New Year
- Please note hotel is closed for renovations on 1st-30th September 17
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
Bask upon the glorious white sands of Reduit Beach
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation plus an extra £55 off booking bonus with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Exclusive offer: Massive Savings of upto £750 per person!
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...