Chef Jordi Cruz to visit Iberostar Parque Central hotel in Cuba on culinary tour
The Spanish chef Jordi Cruz will be visiting Cuba as a part of a culinary tour this month. The second youngest chef in the world to receive a Michelin star will be visiting the Iberostar Parque Central hotel in Old Havana on 14th July 2015 to serve up gastronomic delights for guests and holidaymakers.
Jordi Cruz, a renowned chef from Spain, will be visiting Cuba next week to serve up culinary delights for holidaymakers and guests at one of its most luxury hotels.
The chef is the second youngest in the world to receive a Michelin star (at the ABaC restaurant in Barcelona) and he will be visiting Iberostar Parque Central hotel in Havana, Cuba on 14th July, 2015 as part of a gastronomic tour.
The chef will use his creativity and love of food to create a special menu that includes Scamorza spheres with tomatoes and rocket, anchovies and olive oil, small confit leeks with frozen Romesco (nut and red pepper sauce) and smoked charcoal, "Marine" egg yolk with Iberian ham textures, Lubina asada con tsukudani Thai de setas y rabanitos, Sea bass with foie gras and grilled aubergines with miso, and Royal Pigeon with Charlotte noire potatoes and brazed mushrooms. The meal will be paired with wines from Spain and France.
The event will take place at one of the Cuba's best hotels in Old Havana. The five-star hotel boasts Spanish colonial-style architecture, and is close to attractions such as the Great Theatre of Havana and the Fine Arts Museum.
The five-star hotel has 427 guest rooms and suites with French windows, and some with terraces, that boast beautiful views of the capital city and the bustling streets below.
Facilities at the Iberostar Parque Central hotel include a rooftop swimming pool, a buffet-style restaurant, two speciality restaurants, bars with live Cuban music, and a tranquil spa.
Old Havana boasts baroque and neo-classical architecture and buildings and it has been undergoing restoration work by the Cuban government over recent months in a bid to encourage more visitors to explore the historical piazzas and streets.
Holidaymakers can explore the historic buildings, dance to music in the cobbled streets, visit the Great Theatre of Havana, discover the delicious flavours of traditional Cuban cuisine, and soak up the energetic atmosphere throughout the city.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...