Chef Jordi Cruz to visit Iberostar Parque Central hotel in Cuba on culinary tour
The Spanish chef Jordi Cruz will be visiting Cuba as a part of a culinary tour this month. The second youngest chef in the world to receive a Michelin star will be visiting the Iberostar Parque Central hotel in Old Havana on 14th July 2015 to serve up gastronomic delights for guests and holidaymakers.
Jordi Cruz, a renowned chef from Spain, will be visiting Cuba next week to serve up culinary delights for holidaymakers and guests at one of its most luxury hotels.
The chef is the second youngest in the world to receive a Michelin star (at the ABaC restaurant in Barcelona) and he will be visiting Iberostar Parque Central hotel in Havana, Cuba on 14th July, 2015 as part of a gastronomic tour.
The chef will use his creativity and love of food to create a special menu that includes Scamorza spheres with tomatoes and rocket, anchovies and olive oil, small confit leeks with frozen Romesco (nut and red pepper sauce) and smoked charcoal, "Marine" egg yolk with Iberian ham textures, Lubina asada con tsukudani Thai de setas y rabanitos, Sea bass with foie gras and grilled aubergines with miso, and Royal Pigeon with Charlotte noire potatoes and brazed mushrooms. The meal will be paired with wines from Spain and France.
The event will take place at one of the Cuba's best hotels in Old Havana. The five-star hotel boasts Spanish colonial-style architecture, and is close to attractions such as the Great Theatre of Havana and the Fine Arts Museum.
The five-star hotel has 427 guest rooms and suites with French windows, and some with terraces, that boast beautiful views of the capital city and the bustling streets below.
Facilities at the Iberostar Parque Central hotel include a rooftop swimming pool, a buffet-style restaurant, two speciality restaurants, bars with live Cuban music, and a tranquil spa.
Old Havana boasts baroque and neo-classical architecture and buildings and it has been undergoing restoration work by the Cuban government over recent months in a bid to encourage more visitors to explore the historical piazzas and streets.
Holidaymakers can explore the historic buildings, dance to music in the cobbled streets, visit the Great Theatre of Havana, discover the delicious flavours of traditional Cuban cuisine, and soak up the energetic atmosphere throughout the city.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...