Chef Jordi Cruz to visit Iberostar Parque Central hotel in Cuba on culinary tour
The Spanish chef Jordi Cruz will be visiting Cuba as a part of a culinary tour this month. The second youngest chef in the world to receive a Michelin star will be visiting the Iberostar Parque Central hotel in Old Havana on 14th July 2015 to serve up gastronomic delights for guests and holidaymakers.
Jordi Cruz, a renowned chef from Spain, will be visiting Cuba next week to serve up culinary delights for holidaymakers and guests at one of its most luxury hotels.
The chef is the second youngest in the world to receive a Michelin star (at the ABaC restaurant in Barcelona) and he will be visiting Iberostar Parque Central hotel in Havana, Cuba on 14th July, 2015 as part of a gastronomic tour.
The chef will use his creativity and love of food to create a special menu that includes Scamorza spheres with tomatoes and rocket, anchovies and olive oil, small confit leeks with frozen Romesco (nut and red pepper sauce) and smoked charcoal, "Marine" egg yolk with Iberian ham textures, Lubina asada con tsukudani Thai de setas y rabanitos, Sea bass with foie gras and grilled aubergines with miso, and Royal Pigeon with Charlotte noire potatoes and brazed mushrooms. The meal will be paired with wines from Spain and France.
The event will take place at one of the Cuba's best hotels in Old Havana. The five-star hotel boasts Spanish colonial-style architecture, and is close to attractions such as the Great Theatre of Havana and the Fine Arts Museum.
The five-star hotel has 427 guest rooms and suites with French windows, and some with terraces, that boast beautiful views of the capital city and the bustling streets below.
Facilities at the Iberostar Parque Central hotel include a rooftop swimming pool, a buffet-style restaurant, two speciality restaurants, bars with live Cuban music, and a tranquil spa.
Old Havana boasts baroque and neo-classical architecture and buildings and it has been undergoing restoration work by the Cuban government over recent months in a bid to encourage more visitors to explore the historical piazzas and streets.
Holidaymakers can explore the historic buildings, dance to music in the cobbled streets, visit the Great Theatre of Havana, discover the delicious flavours of traditional Cuban cuisine, and soak up the energetic atmosphere throughout the city.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...