Chef Jordi Cruz to visit Iberostar Parque Central hotel in Cuba on culinary tour
The Spanish chef Jordi Cruz will be visiting Cuba as a part of a culinary tour this month. The second youngest chef in the world to receive a Michelin star will be visiting the Iberostar Parque Central hotel in Old Havana on 14th July 2015 to serve up gastronomic delights for guests and holidaymakers.
Jordi Cruz, a renowned chef from Spain, will be visiting Cuba next week to serve up culinary delights for holidaymakers and guests at one of its most luxury hotels.
The chef is the second youngest in the world to receive a Michelin star (at the ABaC restaurant in Barcelona) and he will be visiting Iberostar Parque Central hotel in Havana, Cuba on 14th July, 2015 as part of a gastronomic tour.
The chef will use his creativity and love of food to create a special menu that includes Scamorza spheres with tomatoes and rocket, anchovies and olive oil, small confit leeks with frozen Romesco (nut and red pepper sauce) and smoked charcoal, "Marine" egg yolk with Iberian ham textures, Lubina asada con tsukudani Thai de setas y rabanitos, Sea bass with foie gras and grilled aubergines with miso, and Royal Pigeon with Charlotte noire potatoes and brazed mushrooms. The meal will be paired with wines from Spain and France.
The event will take place at one of the Cuba's best hotels in Old Havana. The five-star hotel boasts Spanish colonial-style architecture, and is close to attractions such as the Great Theatre of Havana and the Fine Arts Museum.
The five-star hotel has 427 guest rooms and suites with French windows, and some with terraces, that boast beautiful views of the capital city and the bustling streets below.
Facilities at the Iberostar Parque Central hotel include a rooftop swimming pool, a buffet-style restaurant, two speciality restaurants, bars with live Cuban music, and a tranquil spa.
Old Havana boasts baroque and neo-classical architecture and buildings and it has been undergoing restoration work by the Cuban government over recent months in a bid to encourage more visitors to explore the historical piazzas and streets.
Holidaymakers can explore the historic buildings, dance to music in the cobbled streets, visit the Great Theatre of Havana, discover the delicious flavours of traditional Cuban cuisine, and soak up the energetic atmosphere throughout the city.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 18th Oct
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...