Costa Rica's RipJack Inn hotel improves accessibility
The Hotel Ripack Inn in Playa Grande, Costa Rica has recently installed a wheelchair lift making it fully compliant with the local rules and regulations for accessibility. The RipJack Inn is the ideal place for surfing enthusiasts as well as yoga lovers, but of course holidaymakers who are just after a bit of sun, sea and sand won't be left disappointed either.
The Hotel RipJack Inn in Costa Rica's Playa Grande recently announced that it has installed a wheelchair lift making it now fully compliant with the local rules and regulations on supporting disabled guests.
The lift installation, completed in March 2015, was installed to the second floor restaurant and has been recorded as the first wheelchair lift in Playa Grande.
Prior to the lift installation, the hotel had two wheelchair accessible rooms. In press release the hotel PR team explained:
"We are proud to be a fully compliant with Costa Rica's new rules and regulations regarding access for people with disabilities, we are unique in servicing our customers and are happy to be able to accommodate people of all abilities who choose to stay with us."
The hotel, named after the owners Dave and Annie Corredor's two dogs, has been in operation for over 10 years and is said to be the ideal resting place for holidaymakers who enjoy great food and yoga.
The Hotel RipJack Inn is also the ideal base for surfing enthusiasts on their holidays in Costa Rica located just a stone's throw away from Playa Grande's main surf break. Playa Grande is well known for its surfing experience and attracts surfers of varied skill levels from around the world.
The Hotel RipJack Inn has consistently earned positive reviews and has been awarded a coveted TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence. One guest stated in his TripAdvisor review:
"Awesome every time! Dave and Annie and entire RipJack crew are a special group… The sunsets on the beach out front of the hotel are honestly the best I've ever seen… and the surfing is top notch."
Another guest summed up RipJack as:
"… a nice hotel in surfer's paradise with a great ambience and yet high quality."
Despite Costa Rica's reputation as the ideal holiday destination for surfers, hikers and general thrill seekers; holidaymakers requiring wheelchair access should not be put off. Several key attractions in Costa Rica have become more accessible in recent years thanks in a large part to Costa Rica's Equal Opportunities Law for Persons with Disabilities.
In 2013, Costa Rica hit a major milestone with the launch of Central America's very first universal access trail through the rainforest of the Carara National Park.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Go for the thrills and spills of a naturally rich Central American nation, packed with unforgettable adventures and unique encounters.
- Learn more about Costa Rica with the unique experience of the guided hiking tour, Arenal Volcano National Park Nature Walk, Doka Coffee Tour and much more to explore
- Elegant and comfortable accommodations with quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
- Includes a guided hiking tour through the rainforest with a lot of insight about flora, fauna and the volcano's history
Explore the peaceful oasis that is Costa Rica and enjoy various activities that make for an unforgettable holiday
- A journey of discovery to an eco-tourist's dream destination
- Experience canopy walkways through a bridge system and marvel at the world's most amazing and beautiful flora and fauna
- Explore San Jose, Arenal, and the conservation project in Monteverde
Surrounding the resort is an up-and-coming surf community, which offers guests with a variety of exciting tours and excursions
- Explorer's Club for kids and Core Zone for teens, while adults can relax by the poolside, enjoy a romantic dinner by the beach or unwind at Dreams Spa by Pevonia
- Perfect location to enjoy nature at its finest, a country renowned for its beaches, volcanoes, and biodiversity
- Spoil yourself with Unlimited-Luxury; gourmet dining options, limitless top-shelf spirits, 24-hour room service and much more all included
The perfect combination of culture, history and nature with some added downtime at the end to enjoy one of the world's best beaches
- Visit the country's famous shoreline, cloud rainforests, volcano and the charming capital of San Jose
- Tour includes: San Jose City Tour, Sky Walk on Hanging Bridges, Buena Vista hot springs and mud baths, nature walk to La Pava and Salitral Waterfalls, horseback riding and more
- Relax at the hot springs and mud baths, and try your hand at zip lining, horseback riding or river tubing
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
Explore the tropical paradise that is Costa Rica with it's misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with...
The Hidden Jewels of Costa Rica Tour lets you explore the tropical paradise of Costa Rica and all of it's most...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...