Costa Rica's RipJack Inn hotel improves accessibility
The Hotel Ripack Inn in Playa Grande, Costa Rica has recently installed a wheelchair lift making it fully compliant with the local rules and regulations for accessibility. The RipJack Inn is the ideal place for surfing enthusiasts as well as yoga lovers, but of course holidaymakers who are just after a bit of sun, sea and sand won't be left disappointed either.
The Hotel RipJack Inn in Costa Rica's Playa Grande recently announced that it has installed a wheelchair lift making it now fully compliant with the local rules and regulations on supporting disabled guests.
The lift installation, completed in March 2015, was installed to the second floor restaurant and has been recorded as the first wheelchair lift in Playa Grande.
Prior to the lift installation, the hotel had two wheelchair accessible rooms. In press release the hotel PR team explained:
"We are proud to be a fully compliant with Costa Rica's new rules and regulations regarding access for people with disabilities, we are unique in servicing our customers and are happy to be able to accommodate people of all abilities who choose to stay with us."
The hotel, named after the owners Dave and Annie Corredor's two dogs, has been in operation for over 10 years and is said to be the ideal resting place for holidaymakers who enjoy great food and yoga.
The Hotel RipJack Inn is also the ideal base for surfing enthusiasts on their holidays in Costa Rica located just a stone's throw away from Playa Grande's main surf break. Playa Grande is well known for its surfing experience and attracts surfers of varied skill levels from around the world.
The Hotel RipJack Inn has consistently earned positive reviews and has been awarded a coveted TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence. One guest stated in his TripAdvisor review:
"Awesome every time! Dave and Annie and entire RipJack crew are a special group… The sunsets on the beach out front of the hotel are honestly the best I've ever seen… and the surfing is top notch."
Another guest summed up RipJack as:
"… a nice hotel in surfer's paradise with a great ambience and yet high quality."
Despite Costa Rica's reputation as the ideal holiday destination for surfers, hikers and general thrill seekers; holidaymakers requiring wheelchair access should not be put off. Several key attractions in Costa Rica have become more accessible in recent years thanks in a large part to Costa Rica's Equal Opportunities Law for Persons with Disabilities.
In 2013, Costa Rica hit a major milestone with the launch of Central America's very first universal access trail through the rainforest of the Carara National Park.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
You are sure to marvel at nature's treasures in Costa Rica, a paradise of lush forests, crystal coves, fine-sand beaches and exotic wildlife
- Marvel at Costa Rica's array of stunning settings, including forests, volcanic cliffs, beaches.
- Try snorkelling, kayaking, tennis, bocce ball, chess, access to a scuba clinic & more
- Relish unlimited Costa Rican and world cuisines in 4 and restaurants and 4 bars
Located on the stunning Papagayo Peninsula in Guanacaste
- After booking a minimum of a 3 night stay in a Preferred Club room, guests will receive a welcome bottle of sparkling wine & fresh fruit, one mimosa breakfast in bed to be booked upon arrival and romantic turndown service one night during stay
- Enjoy activities galore including water aerobics, walks, themed nights, movies, cooking, volleyball, pilates and more.
- Choose between 3 romantic wedding packages, all including wedding cake, sparkling wine toast, honeymoon package, and free anniversary nights.
- Enjoy all-inclusive at an array of a la carte restaurants, or enjoy 24 hour room service.
Admire Costa Rica's cloud rainforest, climb a volcano, explore verdant grounds on a coffee plantation and relax on a beautiful beach at the end of it all
- Enjoy a coffee tour, witness an active volcano and bathe on the Pacific coast
- Experience Arenal Volcano with its rich fauna and flora
- Relax and enjoy a beach retreat at Guanacaste after your amazing tour
The perfect combination of culture, history and nature with some added downtime at the end to enjoy one of the world's best beaches
- Relax at the hot springs and mud baths, and try your hand at zip lining, horseback riding or river tubing.
- Visit the country's famous shoreline, cloud rainforests, volcano and the charming capital of San Jose
- Tour includes: San Jose City Tour, Sky Walk on Hanging Bridges, Buena Vista hot springs and mud baths, nature walk to La Pava and Salitral Waterfalls, horseback riding and more
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
âââCosta Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife -...
Embrace the rich diversity of Costa Rica and open your doors to new experiences as you venture to San Jose for a...
Overview Costa Ricans will all agree that the Caribbean side of the country has a culture of its own. Coconut in every...