Starwood to debut St Regis Brand in the Maldives with new Vommuli island resort
Starwood Hotels and Resorts has agreed a deal with Residency Resorts Male to open a St. Regis resort in the Maldives. The St. Regis Vommuli Resort is scheduled to open in 2016 on 20 acres of tropical land on the picturesque island of Vommuli, in the Dhaalu Atoll, and it will have 77 luxury private villas.
Starwood Hotels and Resorts will be bringing its famous St. Regis brand to the Maldives, following a new deal with Residency Resorts Male.
The St. Regis Vommuli Resort will be located on within 20 acres of tropical land on the island of Vommuli, in the Dhaalu Atoll in the Maldives, surrounded by white sand beaches and turquoise lagoons.
Holidaymakers will access the luxury beachfront resort via a 40-minute seaplane ride from the capital city of Male. Mr Ravi Appasamy, the Managing Director of Residency Resorts Male, commented:
"We are delighted to team up with Starwood to bring this project to life: combining the tailored, world-class services of the St. Regis brand with the ‘barefoot luxury' mentality of the Maldives.
"The brand's fame, coupled with Starwood's enticing loyalty programme, is sure to attract affluent visitor numbers to this enchanting destination."
The property will have 77 luxury private villas that feature unique contemporary design that has been inspired by the island's natural materials and colours. Facilities include a spa with six private treatment rooms, three speciality restaurants, an all-day restaurant, a bar, a modern fitness centre and yoga studio, and an infinity swimming pool.
Sudeep Jain; the Vice President of Acquisitions and Development, for South Asia, Starwood Hotels and Resorts; explained:
"This deal further adds to Starwood's solid growth momentum in South Asia, where we are registering increasing demand for high-end hotel accommodations.
"The future unveiling of the St. Regis brand in the Maldives shows our commitment to expand Starwood's luxury portfolio and to bring it to this dynamic market."
Situated in the Indian Ocean, the Maldives is an archipelago nation spanning nearly 1,200 stunning coral islands, of which 200 are inhabited.
Tourists can take part in a wide range of activities such as snorkelling, scuba diving, boat excursions, hikes through lush tropical forests, and relaxing on powder-soft, white sandy beaches fringed with swaying palm trees and turquoise ocean waters.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Kurumba Island is a dream resort with so much to dazzle guests that most return over and over again.
- Choose from an ample choice of excellent dining options, top recreational activities and fantastic entertainment
- Just a 10-minute boat drive to paradise nestled amidst tropical gardens and white sandy beaches
- For keen marine enthusiasts a house reef is only a few feet away from the island
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....
Let all concerns leave your mind while you spend 8 days of peace and relaxation at the Royal Island hotel in the...