Starwood to debut St Regis Brand in the Maldives with new Vommuli island resort
Starwood Hotels and Resorts has agreed a deal with Residency Resorts Male to open a St. Regis resort in the Maldives. The St. Regis Vommuli Resort is scheduled to open in 2016 on 20 acres of tropical land on the picturesque island of Vommuli, in the Dhaalu Atoll, and it will have 77 luxury private villas.
Starwood Hotels and Resorts will be bringing its famous St. Regis brand to the Maldives, following a new deal with Residency Resorts Male.
The St. Regis Vommuli Resort will be located on within 20 acres of tropical land on the island of Vommuli, in the Dhaalu Atoll in the Maldives, surrounded by white sand beaches and turquoise lagoons.
Holidaymakers will access the luxury beachfront resort via a 40-minute seaplane ride from the capital city of Male. Mr Ravi Appasamy, the Managing Director of Residency Resorts Male, commented:
"We are delighted to team up with Starwood to bring this project to life: combining the tailored, world-class services of the St. Regis brand with the ‘barefoot luxury' mentality of the Maldives.
"The brand's fame, coupled with Starwood's enticing loyalty programme, is sure to attract affluent visitor numbers to this enchanting destination."
The property will have 77 luxury private villas that feature unique contemporary design that has been inspired by the island's natural materials and colours. Facilities include a spa with six private treatment rooms, three speciality restaurants, an all-day restaurant, a bar, a modern fitness centre and yoga studio, and an infinity swimming pool.
Sudeep Jain; the Vice President of Acquisitions and Development, for South Asia, Starwood Hotels and Resorts; explained:
"This deal further adds to Starwood's solid growth momentum in South Asia, where we are registering increasing demand for high-end hotel accommodations.
"The future unveiling of the St. Regis brand in the Maldives shows our commitment to expand Starwood's luxury portfolio and to bring it to this dynamic market."
Situated in the Indian Ocean, the Maldives is an archipelago nation spanning nearly 1,200 stunning coral islands, of which 200 are inhabited.
Tourists can take part in a wide range of activities such as snorkelling, scuba diving, boat excursions, hikes through lush tropical forests, and relaxing on powder-soft, white sandy beaches fringed with swaying palm trees and turquoise ocean waters.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
See what the Maldives really has to offer at Velassaru Maldives, with a great array of excursions.
- Fantastic selection of excursions from night snorkelling to fishing to a trip to Male to having an island all to yourself!
- As well as chilling on the beach or visiting the Spa, why not go an practice the ancient art of Yoga?
- Five wonderful dining venues and two exciting bars means you have a range of options depending on what mood you are in
Sun Island is al elegant and serene paradise in the Indian Ocean whilst Media Rotana is perfectly positioned for you to explore the wonders of Dubai.
- Both properties have restaurants that cover dishes from around the world
- Media Rotana is perfectly located in the centre of Dubai, within easy reach of shopping centres, the gold souk and Dubai's famous creek
- Sun Island lies in the South Ari Atoll, and is surrounded by wide beaches of fine sand and offshore waters that house underwater gardens full of marine life
Relax and unwind on Paradise Island before picking up the pace in glamorous Dubai enjoy the Duty free shopping
- Take a dip in the turquoise lagoon or the onsite pool, go snorkelling and windsurfing or opt for land sports recreation
- Your Dubai abode sits close to the Mall of the Emirates and a short ride to the famous Jumeirah Beach
- Paradise Island accommodation are Bungalows with direct access to the beach or Water Bungalows with private sun terrace
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Take your pick from 7 exquisite restaurants and 6 lively bars
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Let everything go as you observe breath-taking landscapes during a relaxing stay at the amazing Velassaru Maldives...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
True Maldivian style comes to the fore at Reethi Beach Resort, situated on the tiny Baa Atoll. The PADI 5-star Dive...
Get away from the mundane and enjoy eight days of uninterrupted sun and sand on the shores of one of the most sought...