Starwood to debut St Regis Brand in the Maldives with new Vommuli island resort
Starwood Hotels and Resorts has agreed a deal with Residency Resorts Male to open a St. Regis resort in the Maldives. The St. Regis Vommuli Resort is scheduled to open in 2016 on 20 acres of tropical land on the picturesque island of Vommuli, in the Dhaalu Atoll, and it will have 77 luxury private villas.
Starwood Hotels and Resorts will be bringing its famous St. Regis brand to the Maldives, following a new deal with Residency Resorts Male.
The St. Regis Vommuli Resort will be located on within 20 acres of tropical land on the island of Vommuli, in the Dhaalu Atoll in the Maldives, surrounded by white sand beaches and turquoise lagoons.
Holidaymakers will access the luxury beachfront resort via a 40-minute seaplane ride from the capital city of Male. Mr Ravi Appasamy, the Managing Director of Residency Resorts Male, commented:
"We are delighted to team up with Starwood to bring this project to life: combining the tailored, world-class services of the St. Regis brand with the ‘barefoot luxury' mentality of the Maldives.
"The brand's fame, coupled with Starwood's enticing loyalty programme, is sure to attract affluent visitor numbers to this enchanting destination."
The property will have 77 luxury private villas that feature unique contemporary design that has been inspired by the island's natural materials and colours. Facilities include a spa with six private treatment rooms, three speciality restaurants, an all-day restaurant, a bar, a modern fitness centre and yoga studio, and an infinity swimming pool.
Sudeep Jain; the Vice President of Acquisitions and Development, for South Asia, Starwood Hotels and Resorts; explained:
"This deal further adds to Starwood's solid growth momentum in South Asia, where we are registering increasing demand for high-end hotel accommodations.
"The future unveiling of the St. Regis brand in the Maldives shows our commitment to expand Starwood's luxury portfolio and to bring it to this dynamic market."
Situated in the Indian Ocean, the Maldives is an archipelago nation spanning nearly 1,200 stunning coral islands, of which 200 are inhabited.
Tourists can take part in a wide range of activities such as snorkelling, scuba diving, boat excursions, hikes through lush tropical forests, and relaxing on powder-soft, white sandy beaches fringed with swaying palm trees and turquoise ocean waters.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Kurumba Island is a dream resort with so much to dazzle guests that most return over and over again.
- Choose from an ample choice of excellent dining options, top recreational activities and fantastic entertainment
- Just a 10-minute boat drive to paradise nestled amidst tropical gardens and white sandy beaches
- For keen marine enthusiasts a house reef is only a few feet away from the island
See what the Maldives really has to offer at Velassaru Maldives, with a great array of excursions.
- Fantastic selection of excursions from night snorkelling to fishing to a trip to Male to having an island all to yourself!
- As well as chilling on the beach or visiting the Spa, why not go an practice the ancient art of Yoga?
- Five wonderful dining venues and two exciting bars means you have a range of options depending on what mood you are in
Surrounded by crystal clear waters and tropical vegetation, Olhuveli Beach and Spa Resort is home away from home.
- Sunset Fishing, Male Sightseeing, a visit to a local island and Snorkelling Safari are just some of the excursions available
- From a kids club and live evening entertainment to the Sun Spa, there is something to cater for the needs of all family members
- Enjoy spa credit, included excursions, sunset cruises and more with the Emerald Plan, whilst the All Inclusive package offers use of sports facilities for free
- free room upgrade to the next category
Bask in the crystal waters of the Indian Ocean with this stunning Maldivian hideaway
- Explore the local reef with an expert guide
- Experience the true Maldivian way of life with a local family
- Indulge your senses with serene tranquillity at the Spa
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Transform your senses and discover a new world at the picturesque Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort. The elegantly designed...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
True Maldivian style comes to the fore at Reethi Beach Resort, situated on the tiny Baa Atoll. The PADI 5-star Dive...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....