Starwood to debut St Regis Brand in the Maldives with new Vommuli island resort
Starwood Hotels and Resorts has agreed a deal with Residency Resorts Male to open a St. Regis resort in the Maldives. The St. Regis Vommuli Resort is scheduled to open in 2016 on 20 acres of tropical land on the picturesque island of Vommuli, in the Dhaalu Atoll, and it will have 77 luxury private villas.
Starwood Hotels and Resorts will be bringing its famous St. Regis brand to the Maldives, following a new deal with Residency Resorts Male.
The St. Regis Vommuli Resort will be located on within 20 acres of tropical land on the island of Vommuli, in the Dhaalu Atoll in the Maldives, surrounded by white sand beaches and turquoise lagoons.
Holidaymakers will access the luxury beachfront resort via a 40-minute seaplane ride from the capital city of Male. Mr Ravi Appasamy, the Managing Director of Residency Resorts Male, commented:
"We are delighted to team up with Starwood to bring this project to life: combining the tailored, world-class services of the St. Regis brand with the ‘barefoot luxury' mentality of the Maldives.
"The brand's fame, coupled with Starwood's enticing loyalty programme, is sure to attract affluent visitor numbers to this enchanting destination."
The property will have 77 luxury private villas that feature unique contemporary design that has been inspired by the island's natural materials and colours. Facilities include a spa with six private treatment rooms, three speciality restaurants, an all-day restaurant, a bar, a modern fitness centre and yoga studio, and an infinity swimming pool.
Sudeep Jain; the Vice President of Acquisitions and Development, for South Asia, Starwood Hotels and Resorts; explained:
"This deal further adds to Starwood's solid growth momentum in South Asia, where we are registering increasing demand for high-end hotel accommodations.
"The future unveiling of the St. Regis brand in the Maldives shows our commitment to expand Starwood's luxury portfolio and to bring it to this dynamic market."
Situated in the Indian Ocean, the Maldives is an archipelago nation spanning nearly 1,200 stunning coral islands, of which 200 are inhabited.
Tourists can take part in a wide range of activities such as snorkelling, scuba diving, boat excursions, hikes through lush tropical forests, and relaxing on powder-soft, white sandy beaches fringed with swaying palm trees and turquoise ocean waters.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Benifit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters also featuring private sun decks
- The Main Restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western fare
- Easy acces to capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Bask in the crystal waters of the Indian Ocean with this stunning Maldivian hideaway
- Explore the local reef with an expert guide
- Experience the true Maldivian way of life with a local family
- Indulge your senses with serene tranquillity at the Spa
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...