All-inclusive Warwick Cayo Santa Maria Resort opens in Cuba
The Warwick Cayo Santa Maria Resort has opened in one of the most picturesque destinations in Cuba. Located on Santa Maria key on 26 hectares of lush land, the 800-room resort has a selection of facilities including a 2,300-square-foot swimming pool, eight restaurants, six bars, and a large stretch of white sandy beach.
The Warwick Cayo Santa Maria Resort has opened its doors to holidaymakers in Santa Maria key in Cuba.
Situated 45 minutes from Santa Clara International Airport (SNU), the all inclusive resort sits on 26 hectares of lush land that boasts one kilometre of beachfront and tropical gardens with views overlooking the sparkling Atlantic Ocean.
The luxury beachfront resort has 800 guest rooms and suites, and an array of upscale facilities such as eight gourmet restaurants, six bars and lounges, a 2,300 square-metre swimming pool, tennis courts, a basketball playground, and a kids club.
Jean-Marie Pebrel, the Chief Sales and Marketing Officer for Warwick International Hotels (WIH), explained:
"We are proud that Grupo Gaviota, leader in the tourism sector in Cuba, put its trust in Warwick International Hotels to operate this new resort located in one of the most idyllic area in Cuba, the Cayo Santa Maria."
The brand new hotel in Cuba took two years to complete and cost 112 million Cuba pesos (99 million Euros) and was financed by Grupo Gaviota.
Warwick International Hotels now operates 57 luxury resorts across four continents, including the Fiji Islands, the Caribbean, and it has a second property in Cuba, the Naviti Beach Club in Varadero.
The tourist resort of Cayo Santa Maria is located in the northeast of the central Cuban province Villa Clara and is home to 11 kilometres of pristine beaches. The area is accessible via the 48 km causeway which connects it to the area of Caibarien, in Villa Clara.
Cuba is a country located in the Caribbean Sea, south of the Bahamas. Tourists can relax on the island's many beautiful white and golden sand beaches; snorkel and scuba dive along the world's second largest barrier reef among tropical marine species; or take tours of cities, such as Havana, to embrace the vibrant culture.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...