All-inclusive Warwick Cayo Santa Maria Resort opens in Cuba
The Warwick Cayo Santa Maria Resort has opened in one of the most picturesque destinations in Cuba. Located on Santa Maria key on 26 hectares of lush land, the 800-room resort has a selection of facilities including a 2,300-square-foot swimming pool, eight restaurants, six bars, and a large stretch of white sandy beach.
The Warwick Cayo Santa Maria Resort has opened its doors to holidaymakers in Santa Maria key in Cuba.
Situated 45 minutes from Santa Clara International Airport (SNU), the all inclusive resort sits on 26 hectares of lush land that boasts one kilometre of beachfront and tropical gardens with views overlooking the sparkling Atlantic Ocean.
The luxury beachfront resort has 800 guest rooms and suites, and an array of upscale facilities such as eight gourmet restaurants, six bars and lounges, a 2,300 square-metre swimming pool, tennis courts, a basketball playground, and a kids club.
Jean-Marie Pebrel, the Chief Sales and Marketing Officer for Warwick International Hotels (WIH), explained:
"We are proud that Grupo Gaviota, leader in the tourism sector in Cuba, put its trust in Warwick International Hotels to operate this new resort located in one of the most idyllic area in Cuba, the Cayo Santa Maria."
The brand new hotel in Cuba took two years to complete and cost 112 million Cuba pesos (99 million Euros) and was financed by Grupo Gaviota.
Warwick International Hotels now operates 57 luxury resorts across four continents, including the Fiji Islands, the Caribbean, and it has a second property in Cuba, the Naviti Beach Club in Varadero.
The tourist resort of Cayo Santa Maria is located in the northeast of the central Cuban province Villa Clara and is home to 11 kilometres of pristine beaches. The area is accessible via the 48 km causeway which connects it to the area of Caibarien, in Villa Clara.
Cuba is a country located in the Caribbean Sea, south of the Bahamas. Tourists can relax on the island's many beautiful white and golden sand beaches; snorkel and scuba dive along the world's second largest barrier reef among tropical marine species; or take tours of cities, such as Havana, to embrace the vibrant culture.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Breezes Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Well located in the heart of Havana's historic Old town, close to Central Park and minutes away from the National Theatre, the Capitol and Hemingway's favourite bar, the Floridita
- Iberostar Parque Central is a great base to discover all this unique city has to offer
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero such as erobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and much more.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...