All-inclusive Warwick Cayo Santa Maria Resort opens in Cuba
The Warwick Cayo Santa Maria Resort has opened in one of the most picturesque destinations in Cuba. Located on Santa Maria key on 26 hectares of lush land, the 800-room resort has a selection of facilities including a 2,300-square-foot swimming pool, eight restaurants, six bars, and a large stretch of white sandy beach.
The Warwick Cayo Santa Maria Resort has opened its doors to holidaymakers in Santa Maria key in Cuba.
Situated 45 minutes from Santa Clara International Airport (SNU), the all inclusive resort sits on 26 hectares of lush land that boasts one kilometre of beachfront and tropical gardens with views overlooking the sparkling Atlantic Ocean.
The luxury beachfront resort has 800 guest rooms and suites, and an array of upscale facilities such as eight gourmet restaurants, six bars and lounges, a 2,300 square-metre swimming pool, tennis courts, a basketball playground, and a kids club.
Jean-Marie Pebrel, the Chief Sales and Marketing Officer for Warwick International Hotels (WIH), explained:
"We are proud that Grupo Gaviota, leader in the tourism sector in Cuba, put its trust in Warwick International Hotels to operate this new resort located in one of the most idyllic area in Cuba, the Cayo Santa Maria."
The brand new hotel in Cuba took two years to complete and cost 112 million Cuba pesos (99 million Euros) and was financed by Grupo Gaviota.
Warwick International Hotels now operates 57 luxury resorts across four continents, including the Fiji Islands, the Caribbean, and it has a second property in Cuba, the Naviti Beach Club in Varadero.
The tourist resort of Cayo Santa Maria is located in the northeast of the central Cuban province Villa Clara and is home to 11 kilometres of pristine beaches. The area is accessible via the 48 km causeway which connects it to the area of Caibarien, in Villa Clara.
Cuba is a country located in the Caribbean Sea, south of the Bahamas. Tourists can relax on the island's many beautiful white and golden sand beaches; snorkel and scuba dive along the world's second largest barrier reef among tropical marine species; or take tours of cities, such as Havana, to embrace the vibrant culture.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Soak up the Caribbean sun on Varadero’s white sands
- The state of the art facilities and décor, that ensure a comfortable stay
- The daytime activities program & Kids club.
- The perfect location along one of the most spectacular stretches of beach in Cuba.
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...