Soft opening of Moon Palace Jamaica Grande planned for July
The Moon Palace Jamaica Grande Resort and Spa will hold its soft opening next month following an extensive renovation programme. The Tourism Minister of Jamaica, Dr. Wykeham McNeill, toured the new 705-room hotel in May, saying that it will bring "a new dimension" to the popular tourist town of Ocho Rios.
After an extensive refurbishment project, the Moon Palace Jamaica Grande Resort and Spa will hold its soft opening in July.
Last week, the Tourism Minister of Jamaica, Dr. Wykeham McNeill, took a tour of the new five-star hotel along with representatives of Jamaica Promotions Corporation (JAMPRO).
He said that the 705-room resort will bring "a new dimension" to Ocho Rios, the capital of the Saint Ann parish. Mr McNeill explained:
"I am confident that the new brand, Moon Palace, will be another notch in the belt for brand Jamaica and strengthen our position in the international area.
"We are working on Ocho Rios in a holistic manner. Ocho Rios as a destination has a characteristic of being both a stop-over as well as a cruise destination."
Located on the former site of the Sunset Jamaica Grande on the north coast of Jamaica, 90 minutes from Montego Bay airport, the upscale resort sits on 17 acres of tropical beachfront, and boasts the longest stretch of private beach in Ocho Rios.
The Moon Palace Jamaica Grande has 705 guest rooms and suites with views overlooking the sparkling Caribbean Sea, and an array of upscale amenities such as original CHI Ceramic Hairstyling Irons and CHI Pro Hair-Dryers, plus CHI wetline bath products including Infra Shampoo, Infra Treatment conditioner, body lotion, and bubble bath.
Facilities at the luxury beachfront resort include five gourmet restaurants, four swimming pools, a flow-rider attraction, a Wired Teen Lounge, a 35,000 square-foot spa with a wide range of pampering treatments and services, and a modern fitness centre.
Jamaica is an island nation situated in the Caribbean Sea and one of the world's leading tourist destinations with sugar-white sandy beaches fringed with warm azure ocean waters; soaring mountains; and verdant rolling emerald hills and dense forests. Popular natural attractions include Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios, the five-mile-long Doctor's Cave Beach in Montego Bay, and the majestic Blue Mountains.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Metro Offer: Book and Save upto £100 per person!
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
Located within 15 minutes from Sangster's International Airport and 5 minutes from three world-class golf courses
- Enjoy Exclusive April Offers with incredible savings
- A variety of water sports or leave your daily stress behind and relax with the magical spa services
- Luxury accommodations combined with breathtaking ocean views
- A wide selection of restaurants with international gourmet buffet, where you can enjoy a variety of cuisine from breakfast pastries to classic Jamaican fare
Luxury and romance at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
- Catamaran for the exclusive use by Secrets Resorts & Spas guests
- World-class Spa by Pevonia®
- Exclusively situated on Montego Bay’s breathtaking Peninsula, surrounded by the Caribbean Sea
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth at Mangos Jamaica
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a postcard made real. It is one of Jamaica's premier resorts, covered in fine white sands and...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Nestled upon a stunning beach The Rondel Village Hotel is within close proximity to the entertainment and activities...
Located in New Kingston, the Knutsford Court Hotel offers a laidback atmosphere within a beautiful tropical setting....