Soft opening of Moon Palace Jamaica Grande planned for July
The Moon Palace Jamaica Grande Resort and Spa will hold its soft opening next month following an extensive renovation programme. The Tourism Minister of Jamaica, Dr. Wykeham McNeill, toured the new 705-room hotel in May, saying that it will bring "a new dimension" to the popular tourist town of Ocho Rios.
After an extensive refurbishment project, the Moon Palace Jamaica Grande Resort and Spa will hold its soft opening in July.
Last week, the Tourism Minister of Jamaica, Dr. Wykeham McNeill, took a tour of the new five-star hotel along with representatives of Jamaica Promotions Corporation (JAMPRO).
He said that the 705-room resort will bring "a new dimension" to Ocho Rios, the capital of the Saint Ann parish. Mr McNeill explained:
"I am confident that the new brand, Moon Palace, will be another notch in the belt for brand Jamaica and strengthen our position in the international area.
"We are working on Ocho Rios in a holistic manner. Ocho Rios as a destination has a characteristic of being both a stop-over as well as a cruise destination."
Located on the former site of the Sunset Jamaica Grande on the north coast of Jamaica, 90 minutes from Montego Bay airport, the upscale resort sits on 17 acres of tropical beachfront, and boasts the longest stretch of private beach in Ocho Rios.
The Moon Palace Jamaica Grande has 705 guest rooms and suites with views overlooking the sparkling Caribbean Sea, and an array of upscale amenities such as original CHI Ceramic Hairstyling Irons and CHI Pro Hair-Dryers, plus CHI wetline bath products including Infra Shampoo, Infra Treatment conditioner, body lotion, and bubble bath.
Facilities at the luxury beachfront resort include five gourmet restaurants, four swimming pools, a flow-rider attraction, a Wired Teen Lounge, a 35,000 square-foot spa with a wide range of pampering treatments and services, and a modern fitness centre.
Jamaica is an island nation situated in the Caribbean Sea and one of the world's leading tourist destinations with sugar-white sandy beaches fringed with warm azure ocean waters; soaring mountains; and verdant rolling emerald hills and dense forests. Popular natural attractions include Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios, the five-mile-long Doctor's Cave Beach in Montego Bay, and the majestic Blue Mountains.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- Pirate's Paradise Waterpark on-site featuring a pirate ship and two waterslides
- Take advantage of this amazing free kids offer - Up to two kids stay free when sharing with two paying adults
- The Montego Bay Marine Park location offers protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth at Mangos Jamaica
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Located on Trelawny Bay and its beautiful beach
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Book and save over £500 per family with discounted rates for 2017 and 2018 and up to 2 Kids stay FREE
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights. Located on the white sand beaches of...
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Club Ambiance's All Inclusive Resort & Spa is an adult's only resort offering 85 bright and spacious rooms. Each room...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...