Multi-million dollar renovation programme completed at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
The Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit near Cancun has completed a $20 million renovation programme that saw enhancements to its accommodation, restaurants, and spa. The luxury resort has also introduced baby concierge staff to and a Digital Detox programme that encourages guests to put away their phones and enjoy fun activities together.
The Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit in Mexico has concluded its multi-million dollar renovation project.
Located on the northern perimeter of Banderas Bay in Puerto Vallarta near Cancun AIrport (CUN), the resort underwent an extensive refurbishment programme to upgrade nearly half of its 267 suites, two of its five dining outlets, and its spa.
Denys Montes De Oca, the Director of Sales for the resort, commented:
"In order to maximise the experience of luxury and comfort for all guests a total of 131 Master and Parlor suite, as well as two additional suites for the disabled, were modernised in terms of amenities, furnishings and decor."
Measuring 1,000 square feet, the suites offer private terraces with sitting areas, fully stocked minibars; bathrooms with separate tubs and step-in showers, Nespresso coffee makers, goose down comforters and pillows, and some also have dining areas and Jacuzzis.
The luxury resort's oceanfront restaurant Azul, serves breakfast lunch and dinner, and now offers a salad bar and a live cooking station. The French restaurant Piaf has been redesigned and features deep red seating with black and red wall decor.
The spa has been redecorated and now has a eucalyptus-scented steam room and a peppermint ice fountain. Miss Montes De Oca explained:
"The design's details seek to create a more organic setting with wood, bamboo walls and glass elements made by Mexican artisans."
Montes De Oca also added that more enhancements will follow, including the renovation of the lobby bar. She explained:
"We strive to consistently provide new scenarios in order for our guests to live a true experience of luxury and comfort.
"We are serious about pleasing guests from the moment they arrive, with fresh drinks and shoulder massages, to the pool concierge to personalised in-suite amenities."
A baby service has been introduced where baby concierge staff will provide baby bottles, sterilisers, cribs, push chairs, baby baths and toys. Additional items are provided to take home such as teethers, bottle and dummies.
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit has also launched a Digital Detox programme that encourages families to bond without mobile phones and gadgets. Miss Monte De Oca explained the objevtive of this project saying:
"We invite guests to take our Detox challenge, consisting of three days without electronic devices to reconnect with loved ones and the outside world through specially programmed activities."
The all inclusive award-winning resort also boasts a three-tiered infinity pool, championship golf courses, and tennis courts.
The area of Cancun is one of Mexico's most popular tourist destinations, after the previously uninhabited strip of Caribbean coastline was developed into a tourist resort in 1970.
The region, which spans Cancun, Puerto Vallarta and the Riviera Maya, is now full of upscale hotels and resorts, gourmet restaurants, nightclubs, tourist attractions, world-class golf courses and adventure activities.
Holidaymakers can take zip line tours through the lush jungles; go scuba diving and explore the famous underwater museum; trek through rainforests that are full of wildlife; or take tours to the region's ancient Mayan ruins and temples such as Chichen Itza, Tulum, Ek Balam, and Xcaret.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at this beautiful retreat.
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Travel from May onwards and enjoy a fantastic upgrade to a Preferred Club Junior Suite Pool View
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...