Multi-million dollar renovation programme completed at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
The Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit near Cancun has completed a $20 million renovation programme that saw enhancements to its accommodation, restaurants, and spa. The luxury resort has also introduced baby concierge staff to and a Digital Detox programme that encourages guests to put away their phones and enjoy fun activities together.
The Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit in Mexico has concluded its multi-million dollar renovation project.
Located on the northern perimeter of Banderas Bay in Puerto Vallarta near Cancun AIrport (CUN), the resort underwent an extensive refurbishment programme to upgrade nearly half of its 267 suites, two of its five dining outlets, and its spa.
Denys Montes De Oca, the Director of Sales for the resort, commented:
"In order to maximise the experience of luxury and comfort for all guests a total of 131 Master and Parlor suite, as well as two additional suites for the disabled, were modernised in terms of amenities, furnishings and decor."
Measuring 1,000 square feet, the suites offer private terraces with sitting areas, fully stocked minibars; bathrooms with separate tubs and step-in showers, Nespresso coffee makers, goose down comforters and pillows, and some also have dining areas and Jacuzzis.
The luxury resort's oceanfront restaurant Azul, serves breakfast lunch and dinner, and now offers a salad bar and a live cooking station. The French restaurant Piaf has been redesigned and features deep red seating with black and red wall decor.
The spa has been redecorated and now has a eucalyptus-scented steam room and a peppermint ice fountain. Miss Montes De Oca explained:
"The design's details seek to create a more organic setting with wood, bamboo walls and glass elements made by Mexican artisans."
Montes De Oca also added that more enhancements will follow, including the renovation of the lobby bar. She explained:
"We strive to consistently provide new scenarios in order for our guests to live a true experience of luxury and comfort.
"We are serious about pleasing guests from the moment they arrive, with fresh drinks and shoulder massages, to the pool concierge to personalised in-suite amenities."
A baby service has been introduced where baby concierge staff will provide baby bottles, sterilisers, cribs, push chairs, baby baths and toys. Additional items are provided to take home such as teethers, bottle and dummies.
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit has also launched a Digital Detox programme that encourages families to bond without mobile phones and gadgets. Miss Monte De Oca explained the objevtive of this project saying:
"We invite guests to take our Detox challenge, consisting of three days without electronic devices to reconnect with loved ones and the outside world through specially programmed activities."
The all inclusive award-winning resort also boasts a three-tiered infinity pool, championship golf courses, and tennis courts.
The area of Cancun is one of Mexico's most popular tourist destinations, after the previously uninhabited strip of Caribbean coastline was developed into a tourist resort in 1970.
The region, which spans Cancun, Puerto Vallarta and the Riviera Maya, is now full of upscale hotels and resorts, gourmet restaurants, nightclubs, tourist attractions, world-class golf courses and adventure activities.
Holidaymakers can take zip line tours through the lush jungles; go scuba diving and explore the famous underwater museum; trek through rainforests that are full of wildlife; or take tours to the region's ancient Mayan ruins and temples such as Chichen Itza, Tulum, Ek Balam, and Xcaret.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
At Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, you will experience unlimited all inclusive luxury 24 Hours a day - it's the holiday of a lifetime
- Unlimited-Luxury with gourmet dining and premium beverages in a choice of six reservation-free restaurants and five stylish bars
- Enjoy endless activities - from kayaking to snorkelling, windsurfing and much more
- Pamper yourself with innovative treatments at the Now Spa by Pevonia
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Get up to $3600 resort credits to spend on luxurious extras like spa treatments, golf, excursions and so much more!
- Relax and rejuvenate at the world-class spa with 75 treatment rooms
- Enjoy Up to $3600 resort credit to spend on spa, excursions, golf and more
- Dine at a wide choice of restaurants specialising in Italian, Asian and Mexican cuisine
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
No matter if you're returning or if this is your first time to Cancun, days full of entertainment and fine dining at the...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...