Multi-million dollar renovation programme completed at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
The Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit near Cancun has completed a $20 million renovation programme that saw enhancements to its accommodation, restaurants, and spa. The luxury resort has also introduced baby concierge staff to and a Digital Detox programme that encourages guests to put away their phones and enjoy fun activities together.
The Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit in Mexico has concluded its multi-million dollar renovation project.
Located on the northern perimeter of Banderas Bay in Puerto Vallarta near Cancun AIrport (CUN), the resort underwent an extensive refurbishment programme to upgrade nearly half of its 267 suites, two of its five dining outlets, and its spa.
Denys Montes De Oca, the Director of Sales for the resort, commented:
"In order to maximise the experience of luxury and comfort for all guests a total of 131 Master and Parlor suite, as well as two additional suites for the disabled, were modernised in terms of amenities, furnishings and decor."
Measuring 1,000 square feet, the suites offer private terraces with sitting areas, fully stocked minibars; bathrooms with separate tubs and step-in showers, Nespresso coffee makers, goose down comforters and pillows, and some also have dining areas and Jacuzzis.
The luxury resort's oceanfront restaurant Azul, serves breakfast lunch and dinner, and now offers a salad bar and a live cooking station. The French restaurant Piaf has been redesigned and features deep red seating with black and red wall decor.
The spa has been redecorated and now has a eucalyptus-scented steam room and a peppermint ice fountain. Miss Montes De Oca explained:
"The design's details seek to create a more organic setting with wood, bamboo walls and glass elements made by Mexican artisans."
Montes De Oca also added that more enhancements will follow, including the renovation of the lobby bar. She explained:
"We strive to consistently provide new scenarios in order for our guests to live a true experience of luxury and comfort.
"We are serious about pleasing guests from the moment they arrive, with fresh drinks and shoulder massages, to the pool concierge to personalised in-suite amenities."
A baby service has been introduced where baby concierge staff will provide baby bottles, sterilisers, cribs, push chairs, baby baths and toys. Additional items are provided to take home such as teethers, bottle and dummies.
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit has also launched a Digital Detox programme that encourages families to bond without mobile phones and gadgets. Miss Monte De Oca explained the objevtive of this project saying:
"We invite guests to take our Detox challenge, consisting of three days without electronic devices to reconnect with loved ones and the outside world through specially programmed activities."
The all inclusive award-winning resort also boasts a three-tiered infinity pool, championship golf courses, and tennis courts.
The area of Cancun is one of Mexico's most popular tourist destinations, after the previously uninhabited strip of Caribbean coastline was developed into a tourist resort in 1970.
The region, which spans Cancun, Puerto Vallarta and the Riviera Maya, is now full of upscale hotels and resorts, gourmet restaurants, nightclubs, tourist attractions, world-class golf courses and adventure activities.
Holidaymakers can take zip line tours through the lush jungles; go scuba diving and explore the famous underwater museum; trek through rainforests that are full of wildlife; or take tours to the region's ancient Mayan ruins and temples such as Chichen Itza, Tulum, Ek Balam, and Xcaret.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- Adults only resort just 20 minutes from the airport and the nightlife of Cancun 15 miles away
- Enjoy one of the various treatments on offer at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
- Fantastic all-inclusive package providing all meals, snacks, unlimited premium beverages, 24-hour room service and more
- Kids can Stay, Play and Eat free at Moon Palace when travelling from 1st June to 31st August 2016 & October Half Term (17th - 31st October 2016)
- Moon Spa & Golf Club is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort you will...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...