Development of two major casino resort projects in Jamaica approved by Cabinet
The Cabinet in Jamaica has approved the development of two new major casino resort projects cost approximately $1.3 billion. The developers, Harmony Cove Limited and Celebration Jamaica Development Limited, will start construction by next year and will offer up to 2,000 guest rooms each. The resort projects will create 5,000 new jobs.
Two new major casino resort development projects have been approved by the Cabinet in Jamaica.
Costing approximately $1.3 billion, the Jamaica resorts will be developed by Harmony Cove Limited, who is expected to spend US$970 million in the first phase, and Celebration Jamaica Development Limited, with spending of US$500 million in its first phase.
Dr Peter Phillips, Jamaica's Finance Minister, explained:
"We confidently expect that this will lead to a strengthening of the tourism industry's competitiveness and the bolstering of economic development through job creation, increased tax revenue and additional demand for locally produced goods and services.
"Each of these projects, under the terms of the Order, will be required to start construction by the middle of next year, and to ultimately construct 2,000 hotel rooms each."
Harmony Cove first phase will see the development of at least 1,000 hotel rooms, restaurants and shops. Once completed the luxury resort, which is located in Trelawny, will have hotels, entertainment centres, a casino, golf courses, a luxury spa, a convention centre, and marine facilities.
Celebration Jamaica Development Limited's casino resort will be built in Montego Bay on the north coast of Jamaica, and will have 2,000 hotel rooms, an artisan village, a 75,000-square-foot Casino and Sports Book complex, and a Caribbean World Music Entertainment Complex.
The construction of the two luxury casino resorts, the first of their kind in Jamaica, will start by the middle of 2016. The project will also create 5,100 jobs.
Jamaica is an island nation situated in the Caribbean Sea, boasting pristine white sand beaches fringed with warm azure ocean waters, soaring mountains, cascading waterfalls, and lush undulating emerald green hills.
Popular tourist attractions and sights include spectacular natural wonders such as Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios, the five-mile-long Doctor's Cave Beach in Montego Bay, the lush botanical gardens, and the majestic Blue Mountains.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Metro Offer: Book and Save upto £100 per person!
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
Luxury and romance at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
- Catamaran for the exclusive use by Secrets Resorts & Spas guests
- World-class Spa by Pevonia®
- Exclusively situated on Montego Bay’s breathtaking Peninsula, surrounded by the Caribbean Sea
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth at Mangos Jamaica
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a postcard made real. It is one of Jamaica's premier resorts, covered in fine white sands and...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Nestled upon a stunning beach The Rondel Village Hotel is within close proximity to the entertainment and activities...
Located in New Kingston, the Knutsford Court Hotel offers a laidback atmosphere within a beautiful tropical setting....