Kempinski Seychelles Resort Baie Lazare hosts WTA Africa and Indian Ocean Gala Ceremony
Kempinski Seychelles Resort Baie Lazare hosted the World Travel Awards Africa and Indian Ocean Gala Ceremony 2015 last week. The luxury Seychelles resort welcomed tourism and hospitality industry leaders from all over the region last weekend for a red carpet ceremony presented by former Miss Seychelles, Sherlyn Furneau.
The World Travel Awards (WTA) Africa and Indian Ocean Gala Ceremony 2015 honoured the best of the best last weekend at a glamorous red carpet event at Kempinski Seychelles Resort Baie Lazare.
The luxury beach resort hosted the ceremony, which was attended by 150 tourism and hospitality industry leaders from more than 20 countries in the region.
The Seychelles won the title of the "Indian Ocean's Leading Destination", while the Maldives was named as the "Indian Ocean's Leading Beach Destination".
Air Seychelles was one of the biggest winners after being recognised as the "Indian Ocean's Leading Airline" and "Indian Ocean's Leading Airline – Business Class".
Africa's winners included Kenya, which took the coveted trophy for "Africa's Leading Tourist Board", and Hilton Hurghada Plaza, which was named "Africa's Leading All Inclusive Resort".
Graham Cooke, the President of the World Travel Awards, explained:
"Tonight has been a fantastic showcase of hospitality brands from across Africa and the Indian Ocean. We have recognised some industry leading brands and it is a pleasure to honour our winners here at Kempinski Seychelles Resort."
He also commented:
"This evening's winners will now move forward to the Grand Final in Morocco later in the year, and I look forward to welcoming them there."
During the event, which was hosted by former Miss Seychelles Sherlyn Furneau, and presenter Galen Bresson, there was entertainment from The Breeze Band and the National Cultural Dance Troup of Seychelles.
Kempinski Seychelles Resort Baie Lazare is on located on the south end of Mahe in Baie Lazare, nestled under the granite hillside and offers breathtaking views of the sparkling crystal clear waters of the bay. The luxury beachfront resort has 150 rooms and suites and guests relax amid tranquil natural surroundings made up of a white sand beach and a tropical lagoon that winds its way around 63 hectares of lush gardens.
Upscale facilities at the property include a 24-hour fitness centre; the Kempinski Kids Club with its own shaded pool and variety of exciting activities; and the Kempinski The Spa which offers a secluded sanctuary within lush gardens.
The Seychelles is an island nation located in the Indian Ocean, approximately 900 miles east of mainland Africa. The island nation spans an archipelago of 115 islands which feature verdant green mountains, huge granite boulders, pristine white sand palm-fringed beaches, crystal clear azure ocean waters, and a tropical climate.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Mother nature bestowed unique beauty on the Seychelles, islands of exquisite white sand beaches, lapped by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- free upgrade from Bed&Breakfast to Half Board
- Top up your tan, refresh in the pool or go with the flow in a yoga class. Enjoy traditional island cooking, dance, craft and language classes, or action packed days of culture and nature trips.
- Experience great culinary variety in six different restaurants including a shisha bar
Set in the breath-taking lagoon area of Mahe, this is certainly a resort that offers elegance as well as an exquisite setting.
- Dining options to suit all tastes from gourmet experiences to casual fare
- Indulge in spa treatments including Elemental Herbology for ultimate skin conditioning
- Swim in the Olympic-length swimming pool, try your luck at the casino and children will love the kids club
Relax and unwind on two of the islands best beaches at constance ephelia resort
- Treat your taste buds to culinary treats whether you choose Ã la carte or buffets
- Children will love the kids club which welcomes 4-11 year olds
- Indulge in the U-Spa by Constance designed to restore your well-being
Explore the natural landscapes and wildlife that South Africa has to offer, before experiencing the Paradise of Seychelles.
- Have the time of your life, combining the best of both worlds!
- The resort is set between a turquoise lagoon and verdant green hills, beside its own bay of white sands. The resort is on the west coast of Mahe, just 35 minutes from the international airport.
- 5 days self drive tour in South Africa
Nicely hidden away amidst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens dotted by swaying coconut palms that gently dance in...
Prepare yourself for a memorable 8-day holiday with your family at the avani seychelles , where you will be able to...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Nestled within 18 acres of tropical grounds, in the untouched area of Baie Lazare, the 3* boutique Valmer Resort boasts...