Kempinski Seychelles Resort Baie Lazare hosts WTA Africa and Indian Ocean Gala Ceremony
Kempinski Seychelles Resort Baie Lazare hosted the World Travel Awards Africa and Indian Ocean Gala Ceremony 2015 last week. The luxury Seychelles resort welcomed tourism and hospitality industry leaders from all over the region last weekend for a red carpet ceremony presented by former Miss Seychelles, Sherlyn Furneau.
The World Travel Awards (WTA) Africa and Indian Ocean Gala Ceremony 2015 honoured the best of the best last weekend at a glamorous red carpet event at Kempinski Seychelles Resort Baie Lazare.
The luxury beach resort hosted the ceremony, which was attended by 150 tourism and hospitality industry leaders from more than 20 countries in the region.
The Seychelles won the title of the "Indian Ocean's Leading Destination", while the Maldives was named as the "Indian Ocean's Leading Beach Destination".
Air Seychelles was one of the biggest winners after being recognised as the "Indian Ocean's Leading Airline" and "Indian Ocean's Leading Airline – Business Class".
Africa's winners included Kenya, which took the coveted trophy for "Africa's Leading Tourist Board", and Hilton Hurghada Plaza, which was named "Africa's Leading All Inclusive Resort".
Graham Cooke, the President of the World Travel Awards, explained:
"Tonight has been a fantastic showcase of hospitality brands from across Africa and the Indian Ocean. We have recognised some industry leading brands and it is a pleasure to honour our winners here at Kempinski Seychelles Resort."
He also commented:
"This evening's winners will now move forward to the Grand Final in Morocco later in the year, and I look forward to welcoming them there."
During the event, which was hosted by former Miss Seychelles Sherlyn Furneau, and presenter Galen Bresson, there was entertainment from The Breeze Band and the National Cultural Dance Troup of Seychelles.
Kempinski Seychelles Resort Baie Lazare is on located on the south end of Mahe in Baie Lazare, nestled under the granite hillside and offers breathtaking views of the sparkling crystal clear waters of the bay. The luxury beachfront resort has 150 rooms and suites and guests relax amid tranquil natural surroundings made up of a white sand beach and a tropical lagoon that winds its way around 63 hectares of lush gardens.
Upscale facilities at the property include a 24-hour fitness centre; the Kempinski Kids Club with its own shaded pool and variety of exciting activities; and the Kempinski The Spa which offers a secluded sanctuary within lush gardens.
The Seychelles is an island nation located in the Indian Ocean, approximately 900 miles east of mainland Africa. The island nation spans an archipelago of 115 islands which feature verdant green mountains, huge granite boulders, pristine white sand palm-fringed beaches, crystal clear azure ocean waters, and a tropical climate.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Discovery the wonder and beauty of thew Sheychelles at berjaya praslin resort, seychelles
- Dive along side fascinating sea creatures and amazing sights while bringing you even more enchanting discoveries.
- Jungle trekking, Island hopping, sailing and kayaking are just some of the many activities you can enjoy
- Discover Cote D'Or, one of the most stunning beaches in the world
Set in the breath-taking lagoon area of Mahe, this is certainly a resort that offers elegance as well as an exquisite setting.
- Dining options to suit all tastes from gourmet experiences to casual fare
- Indulge in spa treatments including Elemental Herbology for ultimate skin conditioning
- Swim in the Olympic-length swimming pool, try your luck at the casino and children will love the kids club
Swim around some of the most amazing under water sites in the world at the Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort and Spa
- Discover incredible flora and fauna including giant tortoise and incense trees
- Choose from a range of casual to gourmet dining options, or opt for an in-villa or under the stars experience
- Indulge in a spa treatment in a magical setting
Located right by the sparkling blue waters of the Indian Ocean, the Savoy offers a unique intimate and welcoming atmosphere with something for all
- Luxurious onsite Spa features 9 treatment rooms, an additional adults-only pool, yoga pavilion and two saunas
- Free upgrade from Bed& Breakfast to Half Board
- Enjoy fine dining experiences at the hotel’s 3 superb restaurants , Grand Savoy for international cuisine , Pescado fine dining and The Gecko Beach Bar ideal for a casual lunch and great cocktails with live entertainment
- An amazing Kids Club for young guest aged 4 to 12, where they can have endless fun, socialise and play a variety of games
- Exclusively 15% discount on any SPA treatments in the hotel
Nicely hidden away amidst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens dotted by swaying coconut palms that gently dance in...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
The unique all-villa Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa is located on the tropical island of Silhouette, where...
Located on the main island of Mahe in the Seychelles, the DoubleTree Resort & Spa by Hilton Hotel Seychelles Allamanda...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Nestled within 18 acres of tropical grounds, in the untouched area of Baie Lazare, the 3* boutique Valmer Resort boasts...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....