The Apricot Hotel opens for business in Hanoi in Vietnam
A brand new luxury hotel has opened its doors in the heart of Vietnam's capital Hanoi. The Apricot Hotel is located in the city's charming Old Quarter and has 123 guest rooms, two restaurants, a heated rooftop swimming pool, a spa, a fitness centre, and a rooftop bar with views overlooking Hoan Kiem Lake.
The Apricot Hotel has opened its doors in Vietnam, and as well as upscale accommodation and facilities, the property doubles up as an art gallery with more than 600 pieces of original artworks features throughout.
The hotel is located in the Old Quarter of Hanoi, the capital of Vietnam, and has 123 neo-classical guest rooms and suite in five categories named "Sketch", "Canvas", "Gallery", "Masterpiece" and "Studio".
The luxury five-star hotel offers beautiful views of the Hoan Kiem Lake and upscale facilities including two gourmet restaurants, a heated rooftop swimming pool, a rooftop view with sweeping views, "Spa L'Art", a lobby lounge and cafe, meeting facilities, and a rooftop fitness centre with floor-to-ceiling glass walls and views overlooking the lake and Hanoi city.
The hotel acts as an art gallery with hundreds of pieces of original works displayed through corridors, in the lobby, and in guest rooms, showcasing the country's most popular painters, and sculptors.
Steve Tan, General Manager of the Apricot Hotel, explained:
"Art is a gateway to the deepest, most profound depths of any culture. At the same time we're providing a stationary experience of accommodation, we're going to take guests on an incredible journey through the history of Vietnamese art and culture."
Formerly the Phu Gia Hotel, the 10-storey property is steeped in French colonial history, and its recent renovations result in a blend of classic and modern design. An official hotel opening ceremony will take place this summer.
Shaped like a seahorse, Vietnam is a Southeast Asian country that is rich in history, heritage and culture. The country is home to an array of stunning natural landscapes such as the Marble Mountains, terraced rice fields, vast sandy beaches, and emerald undulating hills.
The popular tourist attraction Halong Bay is a UNESCO World Heritage Site that boasts jagged limestone karsts and isles that soar up from calm jade waters.
Additional attractions include the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, the War Remnants Museum, the seven-storey-high Thien Mu Pagoda, Vinpearl Land, and the family-friendly Suoi Tien Amusement Park.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Vietnam Browse all
Feel at one with the surroundings at the beautiful Mango Bay Resort
- Mango Bay has been supporting wildlife at risk (WAR) since 2006, and has even discovered many new species on Phu Quoc Island
- Revitalise your mind, body and spirit with Yoga and Tai Chi on the beach
- Snorkel and scuba dive around the nearby islands with Flipper Diving Club and discover the truly stunning and beautiful world underwater
A fantastic value trip, exploring Vietnam's most iconic cities and natural wonders with added downtime to relax on the beach
- Local English-speaking guides in each destination and entrance fees to all the sights mentioned in the itinerary
- Day cruise on Halong Bay with lunch included
- Extend your holiday with a break in Cambodia or on the beaches of Phu Quoc
Experience the best of Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos on this once-in-a-lifetime adventure through Indochina
- Expert local guides in each country
- Breakfast included daily and three dinners
- Spend the night on Halong Bay on a traditional Junk boat with meals included
Explore the most iconic sites of Indochina during the unforgettable Highlights of Indochina, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos - Deluxe Tour
You will visit historical sites of Vietnam, discover the heritage of Laos, and explore the beautiful Angkor Complex in Cambodia.
- Tour around Ben Tre River in Vietnam and enjoy a variety of activities, including a visit to any of coconut processing workshops and riding a motocart through rice fields and vegetable plains.
- Watch the sun rise over the blue waters of tranquil Halong Bay, and then cruise through emerald waters of the Gulf of Tonkin.
- Participate in Baci Ceremony, an integral part of the Laos culture, and explore the Luang Prabang Night Market with its handmade textiles and local street food
Exotic and compelling, Vietnam is one of the most remarkable travel destinations in the world. Take in all the classics...
Wander from exciting cities to astonishing scenic beauty via peaceful beaches and the best preserved old towns in...
See all the most iconic sights of Indochina on this trip of a lifetime through Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Explore the...
The Merperle Sea Sun hotel is set in the heart of the picturesque seaside city, Nha Trang. Surrounded on all three...