Hyatt Hotels opens Oceanfront Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Resort in Riviera Maya
Hyatt Hotels has announced the opening of Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Resort, near Cancun in Mexico. The oceanfront hotel is located steps away from Mamitas Beach in the picturesque Riviera Maya and it's the first Grand Hyatt branded hotel in Mexico. The hotel has 314 guest rooms and upscale facilities including gourmet restaurants and the 6,000 square-foot Cenote Spa.
Hyatt Hotels has opened its first Grand Hyatt branded hotel in Mexico in the popular town of Playa del Carmen in Quintana Roo.
Located near Cancun in the idyllic Riviera Maya, the oceanfront hotel is steps away from the famous Mamitas Beach and Playa del Carmen's nightlife and Fifth Avenue shopping area.
Juan Mercadante, the General Manager of Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Resort, explained:
"We are excited to debut Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Resort and invite guests to experience our unforgettable retreat. True to everything the Grand Hyatt brand embodies, our hotel offers distinctive, culturally-infused programmes; inspired gastronomy; and unexpected adventures.
"We pride ourselves on designing extraordinary, authentic experiences that create memorable visits for our guests, and this property is a perfect example of the Grand Hyatt brand."
Surrounded by a section of protected mangrove jungle that will serve as a natural wildlife sanctuary, the resort was designed by the world-renowned Sordo Madaleno architecture group, and features open-air architecture that features natural elements throughout.
The luxury hotel has 314 guest rooms including 36 suites, 20 oceanfront "air suites", and two presidential suites. Guests can also stay in swim-up suites that offer direct access to one of the resort's infinity pools with views overlooking the beach.
Accommodation has floor-to-ceiling windows and large terraces with stunning views of the ocean. There are double-sink bathrooms, dedicated vanity areas, and three-headed showers.
Dining options include La Cocina, a family-style Mexican and Caribbean restaurant, and The Grill at 1-26 with ocean views and a selection of fresh seafood and steaks. The culinary programme has been created by Chef Nadine Waechter Moreno, who is a renowned chef for several award-winning hotels, including Park Hyatt Tokyo.
The Cenote Spa boasts 6,000 square-feet and unique design with intricate stonework detail and dramatic lighting. The spa has eight treatment rooms and facilities such as hydrotherapy stations, a eucalyptus steam room, fibre optic chromotherapy showers, a relaxing area for meditation and rejuvenation, a fitness centre with Technogym equipment, and a workout studio with yoga, Pilates, Crossfit and meditation classes.
Additional facilities at the luxury resort include eight swimming pools including three infinity pools, and Camp Hyatt with an array of fun activities and programmes for younger guests.
The Riviera Maya is located approximately 40 miles south of Cancun Airport (CUN), and the Mexican region is home to some of the world's most stunning natural landscapes, wildlife species, and ancient temples and Mayan ruins.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...
Playa del Carmen is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Spend eight days revelling in the fine white sands...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....