Hyatt Hotels opens Oceanfront Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Resort in Riviera Maya
Hyatt Hotels has announced the opening of Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Resort, near Cancun in Mexico. The oceanfront hotel is located steps away from Mamitas Beach in the picturesque Riviera Maya and it's the first Grand Hyatt branded hotel in Mexico. The hotel has 314 guest rooms and upscale facilities including gourmet restaurants and the 6,000 square-foot Cenote Spa.
Hyatt Hotels has opened its first Grand Hyatt branded hotel in Mexico in the popular town of Playa del Carmen in Quintana Roo.
Located near Cancun in the idyllic Riviera Maya, the oceanfront hotel is steps away from the famous Mamitas Beach and Playa del Carmen's nightlife and Fifth Avenue shopping area.
Juan Mercadante, the General Manager of Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Resort, explained:
"We are excited to debut Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Resort and invite guests to experience our unforgettable retreat. True to everything the Grand Hyatt brand embodies, our hotel offers distinctive, culturally-infused programmes; inspired gastronomy; and unexpected adventures.
"We pride ourselves on designing extraordinary, authentic experiences that create memorable visits for our guests, and this property is a perfect example of the Grand Hyatt brand."
Surrounded by a section of protected mangrove jungle that will serve as a natural wildlife sanctuary, the resort was designed by the world-renowned Sordo Madaleno architecture group, and features open-air architecture that features natural elements throughout.
The luxury hotel has 314 guest rooms including 36 suites, 20 oceanfront "air suites", and two presidential suites. Guests can also stay in swim-up suites that offer direct access to one of the resort's infinity pools with views overlooking the beach.
Accommodation has floor-to-ceiling windows and large terraces with stunning views of the ocean. There are double-sink bathrooms, dedicated vanity areas, and three-headed showers.
Dining options include La Cocina, a family-style Mexican and Caribbean restaurant, and The Grill at 1-26 with ocean views and a selection of fresh seafood and steaks. The culinary programme has been created by Chef Nadine Waechter Moreno, who is a renowned chef for several award-winning hotels, including Park Hyatt Tokyo.
The Cenote Spa boasts 6,000 square-feet and unique design with intricate stonework detail and dramatic lighting. The spa has eight treatment rooms and facilities such as hydrotherapy stations, a eucalyptus steam room, fibre optic chromotherapy showers, a relaxing area for meditation and rejuvenation, a fitness centre with Technogym equipment, and a workout studio with yoga, Pilates, Crossfit and meditation classes.
Additional facilities at the luxury resort include eight swimming pools including three infinity pools, and Camp Hyatt with an array of fun activities and programmes for younger guests.
The Riviera Maya is located approximately 40 miles south of Cancun Airport (CUN), and the Mexican region is home to some of the world's most stunning natural landscapes, wildlife species, and ancient temples and Mayan ruins.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Panama Jack Resorts Gran Caribe Cancun is a welcoming resort offering a touch of luxury with amazing service guaranteed
- Enjoy a great time in the Swimming Pools which include an Activity Pool, A Family Pool, Two Splash Pools with Slides and A Hot Tub
- Enjoy genuine authentic Mexican hospitality at the resort sure to make your holiday even more special and one that you will never forget
- Camp Jack is packed with cool activities and adventures like water sports, beach games, arts and crafts, and nightly shows. Mini Golf and Waterpark, complete with a pirate ship and medieval castle, allows the whole family to share some fun in the sun.
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Junior Suite Pool View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
At Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, you will experience unlimited all inclusive luxury 24 Hours a day - it's the holiday of a lifetime
- Unlimited-Luxury with gourmet dining and premium beverages in a choice of six reservation-free restaurants and five stylish bars
- Enjoy endless activities - from kayaking to snorkelling, windsurfing and much more
- Pamper yourself with innovative treatments at the Now Spa by Pevonia
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Cancun is one of the most sought-after beachside resorts in the world. Make this your next holiday destination and revel...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...