Hyatt Hotels opens Oceanfront Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Resort in Riviera Maya
Hyatt Hotels has announced the opening of Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Resort, near Cancun in Mexico. The oceanfront hotel is located steps away from Mamitas Beach in the picturesque Riviera Maya and it's the first Grand Hyatt branded hotel in Mexico. The hotel has 314 guest rooms and upscale facilities including gourmet restaurants and the 6,000 square-foot Cenote Spa.
Hyatt Hotels has opened its first Grand Hyatt branded hotel in Mexico in the popular town of Playa del Carmen in Quintana Roo.
Located near Cancun in the idyllic Riviera Maya, the oceanfront hotel is steps away from the famous Mamitas Beach and Playa del Carmen's nightlife and Fifth Avenue shopping area.
Juan Mercadante, the General Manager of Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Resort, explained:
"We are excited to debut Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Resort and invite guests to experience our unforgettable retreat. True to everything the Grand Hyatt brand embodies, our hotel offers distinctive, culturally-infused programmes; inspired gastronomy; and unexpected adventures.
"We pride ourselves on designing extraordinary, authentic experiences that create memorable visits for our guests, and this property is a perfect example of the Grand Hyatt brand."
Surrounded by a section of protected mangrove jungle that will serve as a natural wildlife sanctuary, the resort was designed by the world-renowned Sordo Madaleno architecture group, and features open-air architecture that features natural elements throughout.
The luxury hotel has 314 guest rooms including 36 suites, 20 oceanfront "air suites", and two presidential suites. Guests can also stay in swim-up suites that offer direct access to one of the resort's infinity pools with views overlooking the beach.
Accommodation has floor-to-ceiling windows and large terraces with stunning views of the ocean. There are double-sink bathrooms, dedicated vanity areas, and three-headed showers.
Dining options include La Cocina, a family-style Mexican and Caribbean restaurant, and The Grill at 1-26 with ocean views and a selection of fresh seafood and steaks. The culinary programme has been created by Chef Nadine Waechter Moreno, who is a renowned chef for several award-winning hotels, including Park Hyatt Tokyo.
The Cenote Spa boasts 6,000 square-feet and unique design with intricate stonework detail and dramatic lighting. The spa has eight treatment rooms and facilities such as hydrotherapy stations, a eucalyptus steam room, fibre optic chromotherapy showers, a relaxing area for meditation and rejuvenation, a fitness centre with Technogym equipment, and a workout studio with yoga, Pilates, Crossfit and meditation classes.
Additional facilities at the luxury resort include eight swimming pools including three infinity pools, and Camp Hyatt with an array of fun activities and programmes for younger guests.
The Riviera Maya is located approximately 40 miles south of Cancun Airport (CUN), and the Mexican region is home to some of the world's most stunning natural landscapes, wildlife species, and ancient temples and Mayan ruins.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- Go for the Unlimited-Luxury Experience at one of Mexico's most coveted all-inclusive resorts
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
A picturesque city on Mexico's Caribbean Sea coastline, Playa del Carmen is the perfect getaway for both families and...