Hyatt Hotels opens Oceanfront Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Resort in Riviera Maya
Hyatt Hotels has announced the opening of Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Resort, near Cancun in Mexico. The oceanfront hotel is located steps away from Mamitas Beach in the picturesque Riviera Maya and it's the first Grand Hyatt branded hotel in Mexico. The hotel has 314 guest rooms and upscale facilities including gourmet restaurants and the 6,000 square-foot Cenote Spa.
Hyatt Hotels has opened its first Grand Hyatt branded hotel in Mexico in the popular town of Playa del Carmen in Quintana Roo.
Located near Cancun in the idyllic Riviera Maya, the oceanfront hotel is steps away from the famous Mamitas Beach and Playa del Carmen's nightlife and Fifth Avenue shopping area.
Juan Mercadante, the General Manager of Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Resort, explained:
"We are excited to debut Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Resort and invite guests to experience our unforgettable retreat. True to everything the Grand Hyatt brand embodies, our hotel offers distinctive, culturally-infused programmes; inspired gastronomy; and unexpected adventures.
"We pride ourselves on designing extraordinary, authentic experiences that create memorable visits for our guests, and this property is a perfect example of the Grand Hyatt brand."
Surrounded by a section of protected mangrove jungle that will serve as a natural wildlife sanctuary, the resort was designed by the world-renowned Sordo Madaleno architecture group, and features open-air architecture that features natural elements throughout.
The luxury hotel has 314 guest rooms including 36 suites, 20 oceanfront "air suites", and two presidential suites. Guests can also stay in swim-up suites that offer direct access to one of the resort's infinity pools with views overlooking the beach.
Accommodation has floor-to-ceiling windows and large terraces with stunning views of the ocean. There are double-sink bathrooms, dedicated vanity areas, and three-headed showers.
Dining options include La Cocina, a family-style Mexican and Caribbean restaurant, and The Grill at 1-26 with ocean views and a selection of fresh seafood and steaks. The culinary programme has been created by Chef Nadine Waechter Moreno, who is a renowned chef for several award-winning hotels, including Park Hyatt Tokyo.
The Cenote Spa boasts 6,000 square-feet and unique design with intricate stonework detail and dramatic lighting. The spa has eight treatment rooms and facilities such as hydrotherapy stations, a eucalyptus steam room, fibre optic chromotherapy showers, a relaxing area for meditation and rejuvenation, a fitness centre with Technogym equipment, and a workout studio with yoga, Pilates, Crossfit and meditation classes.
Additional facilities at the luxury resort include eight swimming pools including three infinity pools, and Camp Hyatt with an array of fun activities and programmes for younger guests.
The Riviera Maya is located approximately 40 miles south of Cancun Airport (CUN), and the Mexican region is home to some of the world's most stunning natural landscapes, wildlife species, and ancient temples and Mayan ruins.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine unique restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a pristine white sand beach
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults-only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...