Hyatt Hotels opens Oceanfront Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Resort in Riviera Maya
Hyatt Hotels has announced the opening of Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Resort, near Cancun in Mexico. The oceanfront hotel is located steps away from Mamitas Beach in the picturesque Riviera Maya and it's the first Grand Hyatt branded hotel in Mexico. The hotel has 314 guest rooms and upscale facilities including gourmet restaurants and the 6,000 square-foot Cenote Spa.
Hyatt Hotels has opened its first Grand Hyatt branded hotel in Mexico in the popular town of Playa del Carmen in Quintana Roo.
Located near Cancun in the idyllic Riviera Maya, the oceanfront hotel is steps away from the famous Mamitas Beach and Playa del Carmen's nightlife and Fifth Avenue shopping area.
Juan Mercadante, the General Manager of Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Resort, explained:
"We are excited to debut Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Resort and invite guests to experience our unforgettable retreat. True to everything the Grand Hyatt brand embodies, our hotel offers distinctive, culturally-infused programmes; inspired gastronomy; and unexpected adventures.
"We pride ourselves on designing extraordinary, authentic experiences that create memorable visits for our guests, and this property is a perfect example of the Grand Hyatt brand."
Surrounded by a section of protected mangrove jungle that will serve as a natural wildlife sanctuary, the resort was designed by the world-renowned Sordo Madaleno architecture group, and features open-air architecture that features natural elements throughout.
The luxury hotel has 314 guest rooms including 36 suites, 20 oceanfront "air suites", and two presidential suites. Guests can also stay in swim-up suites that offer direct access to one of the resort's infinity pools with views overlooking the beach.
Accommodation has floor-to-ceiling windows and large terraces with stunning views of the ocean. There are double-sink bathrooms, dedicated vanity areas, and three-headed showers.
Dining options include La Cocina, a family-style Mexican and Caribbean restaurant, and The Grill at 1-26 with ocean views and a selection of fresh seafood and steaks. The culinary programme has been created by Chef Nadine Waechter Moreno, who is a renowned chef for several award-winning hotels, including Park Hyatt Tokyo.
The Cenote Spa boasts 6,000 square-feet and unique design with intricate stonework detail and dramatic lighting. The spa has eight treatment rooms and facilities such as hydrotherapy stations, a eucalyptus steam room, fibre optic chromotherapy showers, a relaxing area for meditation and rejuvenation, a fitness centre with Technogym equipment, and a workout studio with yoga, Pilates, Crossfit and meditation classes.
Additional facilities at the luxury resort include eight swimming pools including three infinity pools, and Camp Hyatt with an array of fun activities and programmes for younger guests.
The Riviera Maya is located approximately 40 miles south of Cancun Airport (CUN), and the Mexican region is home to some of the world's most stunning natural landscapes, wildlife species, and ancient temples and Mayan ruins.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
The resort benefits from the privacy of a resort community creating an all-inclusive adults only oasis while still being close to the Cancun bars, shops and nightlife
- Sample gourmet cuisine from all over the world in nine Ã la carte restaurants
- An all-inclusive adults only oasis located on an untouched peninsula
- Located between the Caribbean sea and a wetlands reserve while still being close enough to lively Cancun
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Indulge in a true adults-only (over 21), urban experience at Oh! where you can take advantage of the hotel’s enviable...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...