Now Onyx Punta Cana Resort breaks ground in Dominican Republic
The Now Onyx all-inclusive resort has officially broken ground in the Dominican Republic. The 500-room luxury resort is being developed in the popular eastern Punta Cana region by the Spanish group Martinon and it will be managed by AMResorts, who are planning to open the new hotel in November 2016.
The newest Now Onyx resort has officially broken ground in a popular Caribbean coastal resort.
The all-inclusive resort is situated in the popular eastern region of Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic and is being developed by the Spanish group Martinon.
The luxury beachfront resort is due to open in November 2016 and it will have 500 guest rooms and suites, and will be managed by AMResorts.
The project is estimated to cost $85 million and it will create 700 new jobs for locals and internationals.
The luxury resort will offer the Unlimited-Luxury® experience for guests and an array of facilities including gourmet restaurants, serving international cuisine, swimming pools, the Explorer's Club for Kids and the Core Zone Teens Club, the Now Spa by Pevonia®, and nightly entertainment.
Punta Cana is situated on the east coast of the Dominican Republic and the region is renowned for its world-class golf resorts and designer championship golf courses. The surrounding turquoise ocean provides plenty of opportunities for scuba diving, snorkelling, swimming, windsurfing, sailing, and deep-sea fishing adventures, while the Bavaro area is home to the award-winning Bavaro Beach and an array of luxury hotels, casinos, boutique shops, gourmet restaurants, and chic bars.
The Dominican Republic is a Caribbean nation that occupies the eastern two thirds of the island of Hispaniola that is shared with Haiti. The country boasts magnificent natural landscapes such as majestic mountains, vast lakes, winding rivers, crystal clear cobalt ocean waters, and pristine white sand beaches.
AMResorts operates three branded Now resorts in the Caribbean, including one existing property in Punta Cana: Now Larimar Punta Cana.
AMResorts was established in 2001 and the hotel company now operates 37 properties across Mexico, Jamaica, Curaçao, the Dominican Republic, and Costa Rica. The company's brands include Zoetry Wellness and Spa Resorts, Secrets Resorts and Spas, Now Resorts and Spas, Sunscape Resorts and Spas, and Dreams Resorts and Spas.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Complimentary shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
This stunning 4 star property, Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan hotel, offers guests an ideal base from which to discover Abu...