Jordan waives visa fees for all tourists
Visa fees have been waived for tourists visiting Jordan, after the Jordanian government approved several measures in a bid to improve the nation's tourism industry. The waived visa fee applies to all nationalities on a condition that travellers spend a minimum of two consecutive nights in the country.
Travellers visiting Jordan no longer require a visa to enter the country after the Jordanian government decided to waive the fee.
In a bid to improve the tourism industry in Jordan, the government approved several measures. The visa fee will be waived for all nationalities, whether they are travelling with tour operators or independently, on the condition that they spend two consecutive nights in the country.
The government also removed the long-standing departure tax and entry visa for all low-cost and charter flights departing from King Hussein International Airport in Aqaba. There will also be a reduction in electricity tariffs for hotels in Jordan.
The changes came after King Abdullah II recently met with the tourism minister Nayef Hmeidli Al- Fayez.
Jordan is rich in history, natural beauty, and ancient sites. Holidaymakers who travel to Amman can use the city as a base to go off and explore the country where they can enjoy scuba diving in Gulf of Aqaba's, relaxing in the mineral-rich Dead Sea, trips to the ancient city of Petra which was built by Nabataeans more than 2,000 years ago, shopping in modern malls and traditional souks in Amman, discovering the caves and canyons of Wadi Rum, and visiting the Roman ruins of the Temple of Herakles.
Travellers can also visit The Museum of Jordan in Amman which features 2,000 ancient artefacts in nine permanent exhibitions, with themes including the environment, food, architecture and religion, plus interactive exhibits that will bring the Citadel and Roman amphitheatre to life. One exhibition focuses on sacred, ancient Dead Sea Scrolls, with scriptures that are now part of the Hebrew Bible.
The Dead Sea is the lowest spot on earth and over the centuries, it has attracted the likes of King Herod the Great and the Cleopatra, the Egyptian Queen. It is famously known as the Baptism site of Jesus Christ, and mineral-rich waters make it a hotspot for award-winning wellness and medical spas and cosmetic therapeutic muds and salts.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jordan Browse all
Escape the hum drum and visit the beautiful land of Jordan
- Explore the exquisite cuisine on offer
- Take advantage of the year round beautiful weather
- The impressive resort also offers luxury facilities that cater to sophisticated travellers
Discover the hidden magic of Arabia during this amazing tour of Jordan
- To make the most of the experience, a professional guide will walk you through the magical Al Khazneh
- Undertake a City Tour of Amman which allows you to see both the old and new parts of the city
- Visit one of the New 7 Wonders of the World – the “Rose Red City” of Petra
Discover the charm and wonder of Aqaba with this amazing special offer
- Enjoy the unique beauty and colors of the Red Sea through excursions to nearby scuba diving and snorkelling locations
- Unwind at the adult lap pool or stay fit in the gym.
- Enjoy kiddie pool or the resort's "DANA" Children activities centre to ensure a high spirited stay for all
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
This unforgettable 7 night tour is the perfect way to discover the Arab Kingdom of Jordan. Set on the East Bank of the...
In a wonderfully quiet and serene location with a traditional village setting facing the stunning azure waters of the...
Aqaba is Jordan's only coastal city, and is the largest city on the Gulf of Aqaba. The warm water and rich marine life...
The centric and charming Le Meridien Amman is a superb hotel, wonderfully located in the middle of all the action, right...
With a blend of contemporary design, warm hospitality and boutique-style amenities, the 4* Winter Valley Warwick Resort...
This unforgettable 3 night tour is the perfect way to discover the essential sites of the Arab Kingdom of Jordan. Set on...