Tierras Enamoradas resort in Costa Rica earns a very positive New York Times review
A recent New York Times article reviewing the Tierras Enamoradas resort in Costa Rica praised the resort for its eco friendly aesthetic. While the resort was hailed as a green refuge it was noted that adventure seekers would not be disappointed with an adrenaline fuelled zip line tour through the cloud forest among the many activities on offer.
The New York Times has hailed the Tierras Enamoradas as a "green refuge that is magical and relaxing". The US based newspaper recently wrote a detailed review of the hotel located approximately a one hour and half drive from Costa Rica's San Jose International Airport (SJO) and a 55 minute drive from Arenal volcano.
Key features of the hotel noted in the article included the friendly and helpful staff and the mouth watering cuisine- with an eclectic mix of dishes on offer, ranging from traditional Costa Rican to Italian, Mexican and Israeli. Of course the location proved to be the biggest wow factor with the resort, nestled in the middle of a cloud forest, surrounded by the lush Costa Rican landscape. The New York Times certainly seemed to agree that is the ideal spot from which travellers can enjoy their eco friendly holidays in Costa Rica.
The resort is the brainchild of a group of 19 friends all originally from Israel who fell in love with Costa Rica after visiting the country. Today Tierras Enamoradas, translated "lands in love", represents the culmination of three months of hard work.
Lands in love offers its guests activities such as horseback riding and zip lining as well as arranged tours to top tourist attractions including volcanoes, national parks and local beaches. Guests are welcomed to bring their pets and dog lovers can even take some of the dogs from the adjacent pet hotel/ animal rescue center for a walk.
The cost of a one nights stay at Tierras Enamoradas during peak season ranges from $99 to $117 and for those travellers who would like to book accommodation for their furry friends, a night's stay in the pet hotel costs $20 per night.
Costa Rica is considered by many to be the top holiday destination in Central America, though other destinations like Panama and Nicaragua have recently been strong contenders for that title. A recent report from the World Economic Forum (WEF) ranked Costa Rica in 42nd place on its 2015 Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Report.
The report ranking is based on 90 indicators across 14 different areas with Costa Rica scoring best in the following: tourism infrastructure development, visitors' safety and security and government prioritization of travel and tourism. In Latin America, Brazil, Mexico and Panama were the only destinations to achieve a higher ranking.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Go for the thrills and spills of a naturally rich Central American nation, packed with unforgettable adventures and unique encounters.
- Learn more about Costa Rica with the unique experience of the guided hiking tour, Arenal Volcano National Park Nature Walk, Doka Coffee Tour and much more to explore
- Elegant and comfortable accommodations with quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
- Includes a guided hiking tour through the rainforest with a lot of insight about flora, fauna and the volcano's history
Surrounding the resort is an up-and-coming surf community, which offers guests with a variety of exciting tours and excursions
- Explorer's Club for kids and Core Zone for teens, while adults can relax by the poolside, enjoy a romantic dinner by the beach or unwind at Dreams Spa by Pevonia
- Perfect location to enjoy nature at its finest, a country renowned for its beaches, volcanoes, and biodiversity
- Spoil yourself with Unlimited-Luxury; gourmet dining options, limitless top-shelf spirits, 24-hour room service and much more all included
Admire Costa Rica's cloud rainforest, climb a volcano, explore verdant grounds on a coffee plantation and relax on a beautiful beach at the end of it all
- Relax and enjoy a beach retreat at Guanacaste after your immersive tour
- Experience Arenal Volcano with its rich fauna and flora
- Enjoy a coffee tour, witness an active volcano and bathe on the Pacific coast
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Explore the tropical paradise that is Costa Rica with it's misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
The Hidden Jewels of Costa Rica Tour lets you explore the tropical paradise of Costa Rica and all of it's most...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...