Tierras Enamoradas resort in Costa Rica earns a very positive New York Times review
A recent New York Times article reviewing the Tierras Enamoradas resort in Costa Rica praised the resort for its eco friendly aesthetic. While the resort was hailed as a green refuge it was noted that adventure seekers would not be disappointed with an adrenaline fuelled zip line tour through the cloud forest among the many activities on offer.
The New York Times has hailed the Tierras Enamoradas as a "green refuge that is magical and relaxing". The US based newspaper recently wrote a detailed review of the hotel located approximately a one hour and half drive from Costa Rica's San Jose International Airport (SJO) and a 55 minute drive from Arenal volcano.
Key features of the hotel noted in the article included the friendly and helpful staff and the mouth watering cuisine- with an eclectic mix of dishes on offer, ranging from traditional Costa Rican to Italian, Mexican and Israeli. Of course the location proved to be the biggest wow factor with the resort, nestled in the middle of a cloud forest, surrounded by the lush Costa Rican landscape. The New York Times certainly seemed to agree that is the ideal spot from which travellers can enjoy their eco friendly holidays in Costa Rica.
The resort is the brainchild of a group of 19 friends all originally from Israel who fell in love with Costa Rica after visiting the country. Today Tierras Enamoradas, translated "lands in love", represents the culmination of three months of hard work.
Lands in love offers its guests activities such as horseback riding and zip lining as well as arranged tours to top tourist attractions including volcanoes, national parks and local beaches. Guests are welcomed to bring their pets and dog lovers can even take some of the dogs from the adjacent pet hotel/ animal rescue center for a walk.
The cost of a one nights stay at Tierras Enamoradas during peak season ranges from $99 to $117 and for those travellers who would like to book accommodation for their furry friends, a night's stay in the pet hotel costs $20 per night.
Costa Rica is considered by many to be the top holiday destination in Central America, though other destinations like Panama and Nicaragua have recently been strong contenders for that title. A recent report from the World Economic Forum (WEF) ranked Costa Rica in 42nd place on its 2015 Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Report.
The report ranking is based on 90 indicators across 14 different areas with Costa Rica scoring best in the following: tourism infrastructure development, visitors' safety and security and government prioritization of travel and tourism. In Latin America, Brazil, Mexico and Panama were the only destinations to achieve a higher ranking.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Explore the Caribbean side of the country that has a culture of its own with joyful Reggae Music the beat of the region
- Discover the amazing Sloths at the Sloth Sanctuary in a little bit of paradise with various other animals to see along with fauna in the tropical rainforest setting
- Services of an English-Speaking local Guide shall be provided for the sightseeing & excursion tours only as per the itinerary
- Enjoy various other excursions on this tour including a Tortuguero Canals Boat Tour, Boat ride over La Estrella River along with much more
Explore the peaceful oasis that is Costa Rica and enjoy various activities that make for an unforgettable holiday
- A journey of discovery to an eco -tourist dream destination
- This unique experience of canopy walkways allows you to experience the virgin cloud forest treetops. Through a bridge system you can marvel at the world's most amazing and beautiful flora and fauna
- San Jose, Arenal, and the conservation project in Monteverde
The perfect combination of culture, history and nature with some added downtime at the end to enjoy one of the world's best beaches
- Relax at the hot springs and mud baths, and try your hand at zip lining, horseback riding or river tubing.
- Visit the country's famous shoreline, cloud rainforests, volcano and the charming capital of San Jose
- Tour includes: San Jose City Tour, Sky Walk on Hanging Bridges, Buena Vista hot springs and mud baths, nature walk to La Pava and Salitral Waterfalls, horseback riding and more
The perfect combination of Costa Rican culture and nature with added time for beach relaxation
- Enjoy a tour with perfect balance of adventure, culture and relaxation sure to make for a holiday to remember
- Thrills include river-rafting and a guided walk through hanging bridges
- A relaxing beach at the end stay rounds up the experience offering a chance to recharge batteries
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...
Located in historic district of San Jose, Radisson San Jose enjoys a close proximity to the famous tourist attractions...