Jamaica to welcome Courtyard by Marriot Hotel in third quarter of 2015
Marriott International has announced that it will open the first Courtyard by Marriott hotel in Kingston in Jamaica in the third quarter of 2015. The hotel group will have 129 guest rooms and suites, and features green building design, construction, and operations as it seeks a LEED Silver Certification.
Marriott International will be opening a brand new hotel in the Caribbean this autumn in a project that is being developed by Caribe Hospitality Jamaica.
The hotel group will debut its Courtyard by Marriott brand in Kingston, Jamaica with a new hotel in the third quarter of 2015.
Seeking a LEED Silver Certification (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design), the hotel has a practical green building design, construction and operations, and it will be 30 per cent more energy-efficient than a standard building.
There will be a 16 per cent reduction in water consumption, there will be a 30 per cent usage of regional materials, and five per cent of its energy with be provided through onsite solar panels.
Andrew Houghton, the Area Vice President of the Caribbean at Marriott International, explained:
"The changing economic climate across the world and today's technology has changed how people travel.
"Our guests want a room that has purpose and flexibility that enables a seamless transition between relaxing and working. Courtyard is designed to offer them a relaxing and functional space to work the way they want to, when they want to."
The luxury hotel will have 129 guest rooms and suites and will be located close to shopping and dining districts in Kingston, and 19km from the Norman Manley International Airport.
Facilities at the Courtyard by Marriott hotel include the brand's signature fresh business lobby, a lobby bar, a casual restaurant, flexible meeting space, a swimming pool and a modern fitness centre.
Laurent de Kousemaeker, the Chief Development Officer, for Caribbean and Latin America at Marriott International, commented:
"With the success of the brand across the region, the Courtyard by Marriott brand has become a favourite amongst regional travellers.
"The new hotel in Jamaica will be a significant milestone in our rapid expansion across the Caribbean and our company crossing borders into new and exciting markets."
Jamaica is an island nation located in the Caribbean Sea and one of the world's leading tourist destinations. With large white sand beaches fringed with warm turquoise ocean waters, soaring mountains, cascading waterfalls, verdant undulating green hills, and dense forests, holidaymakers will have plenty of opportunities to admire the country's stunning natural scenery and sites.
Popular tourist attractions include the Bob Marley Museum, Kingston Harbour, and Rose Hall House, a former sugar plantation.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Book and save over £500 per family with discounted rates for 2017 and 2018 and up to 2 Kids stay FREE
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Luxury and romance at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
- Catamaran for the exclusive use by Secrets Resorts & Spas guests
- World-class Spa by Pevonia®
- Exclusively situated on Montego Bay’s breathtaking Peninsula, surrounded by the Caribbean Sea
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
Immerse yourself in a vareity of complimentary activities, excursions and spa treatments
- Relish complimentary perks including a bottle of red wine upon arrival, spa treatments, tours, activities and much more
- Kids Stay, Play and Eat free!
- Incredible resort credit upto $2500 FREE to be used to swim with dolphins, upgrade your wine, spa treatments and much more!
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights. Located on the white sand beaches of...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
An exclusive, romantic Jamaican holiday awaits you at the Secrets St. James Montego Bay on a secluded beach with a...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...