Jamaica to welcome Courtyard by Marriot Hotel in third quarter of 2015
Marriott International has announced that it will open the first Courtyard by Marriott hotel in Kingston in Jamaica in the third quarter of 2015. The hotel group will have 129 guest rooms and suites, and features green building design, construction, and operations as it seeks a LEED Silver Certification.
Marriott International will be opening a brand new hotel in the Caribbean this autumn in a project that is being developed by Caribe Hospitality Jamaica.
The hotel group will debut its Courtyard by Marriott brand in Kingston, Jamaica with a new hotel in the third quarter of 2015.
Seeking a LEED Silver Certification (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design), the hotel has a practical green building design, construction and operations, and it will be 30 per cent more energy-efficient than a standard building.
There will be a 16 per cent reduction in water consumption, there will be a 30 per cent usage of regional materials, and five per cent of its energy with be provided through onsite solar panels.
Andrew Houghton, the Area Vice President of the Caribbean at Marriott International, explained:
"The changing economic climate across the world and today's technology has changed how people travel.
"Our guests want a room that has purpose and flexibility that enables a seamless transition between relaxing and working. Courtyard is designed to offer them a relaxing and functional space to work the way they want to, when they want to."
The luxury hotel will have 129 guest rooms and suites and will be located close to shopping and dining districts in Kingston, and 19km from the Norman Manley International Airport.
Facilities at the Courtyard by Marriott hotel include the brand's signature fresh business lobby, a lobby bar, a casual restaurant, flexible meeting space, a swimming pool and a modern fitness centre.
Laurent de Kousemaeker, the Chief Development Officer, for Caribbean and Latin America at Marriott International, commented:
"With the success of the brand across the region, the Courtyard by Marriott brand has become a favourite amongst regional travellers.
"The new hotel in Jamaica will be a significant milestone in our rapid expansion across the Caribbean and our company crossing borders into new and exciting markets."
Jamaica is an island nation located in the Caribbean Sea and one of the world's leading tourist destinations. With large white sand beaches fringed with warm turquoise ocean waters, soaring mountains, cascading waterfalls, verdant undulating green hills, and dense forests, holidaymakers will have plenty of opportunities to admire the country's stunning natural scenery and sites.
Popular tourist attractions include the Bob Marley Museum, Kingston Harbour, and Rose Hall House, a former sugar plantation.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- 2018 Early Booking Offer: Stay 7 Pay 6, Stay 14 Pay 11!
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Enjoy free round-trip transfers and complimentary golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- Enjoy a holiday of a lifetime with various extras including free round trip transfers and complimentary 18-hole golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- Complimentary excursions including a trip to a popular sunset bar or a brillant catamaran cruise
- 24-Hour Gourmet Dining, Premium Alcoholic Beverages & Soft Drinks at a choice of 5 unique restaurants and 4 Bars including a Swim-up bar
- Incredible Savings of up to 50%, book and save up to £800 per person!
Indulge and revel in the lap of luxury with that special someone when you visit Jamaica.
- This adults-only hotel boasts ultimate tranquility
- Have an enjoyable evening with the nightly theme parties & live entertainment
- Enjoy endless daytime activities such snorkelling, sailing, basketball, catamarans & More
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
An exclusive, romantic Jamaican holiday awaits you at the Secrets St. James Montego Bay on a secluded beach with a...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Montego Bay offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...