Jamaica to welcome Courtyard by Marriot Hotel in third quarter of 2015
Marriott International has announced that it will open the first Courtyard by Marriott hotel in Kingston in Jamaica in the third quarter of 2015. The hotel group will have 129 guest rooms and suites, and features green building design, construction, and operations as it seeks a LEED Silver Certification.
Marriott International will be opening a brand new hotel in the Caribbean this autumn in a project that is being developed by Caribe Hospitality Jamaica.
The hotel group will debut its Courtyard by Marriott brand in Kingston, Jamaica with a new hotel in the third quarter of 2015.
Seeking a LEED Silver Certification (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design), the hotel has a practical green building design, construction and operations, and it will be 30 per cent more energy-efficient than a standard building.
There will be a 16 per cent reduction in water consumption, there will be a 30 per cent usage of regional materials, and five per cent of its energy with be provided through onsite solar panels.
Andrew Houghton, the Area Vice President of the Caribbean at Marriott International, explained:
"The changing economic climate across the world and today's technology has changed how people travel.
"Our guests want a room that has purpose and flexibility that enables a seamless transition between relaxing and working. Courtyard is designed to offer them a relaxing and functional space to work the way they want to, when they want to."
The luxury hotel will have 129 guest rooms and suites and will be located close to shopping and dining districts in Kingston, and 19km from the Norman Manley International Airport.
Facilities at the Courtyard by Marriott hotel include the brand's signature fresh business lobby, a lobby bar, a casual restaurant, flexible meeting space, a swimming pool and a modern fitness centre.
Laurent de Kousemaeker, the Chief Development Officer, for Caribbean and Latin America at Marriott International, commented:
"With the success of the brand across the region, the Courtyard by Marriott brand has become a favourite amongst regional travellers.
"The new hotel in Jamaica will be a significant milestone in our rapid expansion across the Caribbean and our company crossing borders into new and exciting markets."
Jamaica is an island nation located in the Caribbean Sea and one of the world's leading tourist destinations. With large white sand beaches fringed with warm turquoise ocean waters, soaring mountains, cascading waterfalls, verdant undulating green hills, and dense forests, holidaymakers will have plenty of opportunities to admire the country's stunning natural scenery and sites.
Popular tourist attractions include the Bob Marley Museum, Kingston Harbour, and Rose Hall House, a former sugar plantation.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- All Inclusive Resort with all meals and beverages included
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Family Friendly Hotel where up to 2 Kids can stay and play for free
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- July Special offers now in place with savings until 2019
- Unlimited-Fun® All Inclusive Resort with a selection of dining options for all the family
- Have a break from the Kids with the adults only pool
- On-site Waterpark featuring a Pirate ship, a lazy river and two waterslides
Enjoy the affordable Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay with a fantastic location
- Two Children, 12 years of age and younger stay and eat free of charge
- Choose thrilling water sports while your kids enjoy the Children's activity centre
- Summer 2018 Sale now extended, save £250 per person
- Enjoy buffet or a la carte meals as part of the All Inclusive concept at five on-site restaurants
Discreet luxury at your beck and call under Jamaican sunshine with everything you love, with virtually no limits
Let the most romantic of retreats seduce you and a loved one into a sheer state atof bliss when you stay at Couples Sans Souci.
- Enjoy an array of complimentary water sports & unlimited golf with transfers and green fees included
- Summer Savings with incredible discounts of up to 42% for travel up until 2019
- Includes unlimited premium alcoholic beverages, 24 hour casual to gourmet dining, complimentary airport transfers and more
- Exclusive offsite excursions come included in the package including Dunn's River Falls and Margaritaville
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights at Sunscape Splash Montego Bay. Located...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a picture postcard made real. Secrets Wild Orchid sits in one of Jamaica's premier resorts,...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...