Kempinski Seychelles Resort Baie Lazare to host World Travel Awards Ceremony in June
The Kempinski Seychelles Resort Baie Lazare has been chosen to host the World Travel Awards Africa and Indian Ocean Gala Ceremony 2015. The Seychelles resort will host the ceremony on 20th June, 2015 which will be attended by hospitality and travel industry leaders and VIPs, and honour the best of the best in the region.
The Kempinski Seychelles Resort Baie Lazare will host the World Travel Awards Africa and Indian Ocean Gala Ceremony 2015 later this month.
The resort on south end of Mahe in Baie Lazare in the Seychelles will host the prestigious red carpet event on 20th June, 2015 and will welcome leaders of the hospitality and travel industry and VIPs.
Graham Cooke, the President of the World Travel Awards, explained:
"It has been a long held ambition for World Travel Awards to visit the Seychelles and I am delighted to reveal Kempinski Seychelles Resort Baie Lazare will welcome our Africa and Indian Ocean Gala Ceremony in June.
"It will be an honour for us to welcome regional hospitality leaders to our event."
The luxury beachfront resort is nestled under the granite hillside and offers breathtaking views of the sparkling crystal clear waters of the bay. The property has 150 rooms and suites and guests relax amid tranquil natural surroundings made up of a white sand beach and a tropical lagoon that winds its way around 63 hectares of lush gardens.
Holidaymakers can work out at the 24-hour fitness centre; choose from the wide range of fun watersports such as scuba diving, snorkelling and kayaking; drop the kids off at the Kempinski Kids Club which has its own shaded pool and variety of exciting activities; or unwind with a rejuvenating treatment at Kempinski The Spa which offers a secluded sanctuary within lush gardens and an extensive menu of treatments and services.
Alain St.Ange, the Seychelles' Minister for Tourism and Culture, commented:
"Seychelles is proud to be hosting the prestigious World Travel Awards African and Indian Ocean Gala Ceremony 2015 at the Kempinski Seychelles Resort on Saturday, June 20th.
"This is a fine example of Africa doing for Africa, and the Vanilla Islands doing for the Vanilla Islands, a concept that I have long held dear, and this is an excellent example of this process in action."
Mr St.Ange also added:
"At Kempinski Seychelles Resort, participants in this ultimate travel event will have an opportunity to taste Seychelles' hospitality at its very best and showcase the African and Indian Ocean region's hospitality products for the diversity, authenticity and excellence they represent."
The Seychelles is an island nation located in the Indian Ocean, approximately 900 miles east of mainland Africa. The island nation spans an archipelago of 115 islands which feature verdant green mountains, huge granite boulders, pristine white sand palm-fringed beaches, crystal clear azure ocean waters, and a tropical climate.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Mother nature bestowed unique beauty on the Seychelles, islands of exquisite white sand beaches, lapped by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean
- Top up your tan, refresh in the pool or go with the flow in a yoga class. Enjoy traditional island cooking, dance, craft and language classes, or action packed days of culture and nature trips.
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- free upgrade from Bed & Breakfast to Half Board
- Experience great culinary variety in six different restaurants including a shisha bar
Discover beauty like no other on the magical Mahé island in the Seychelles
- Stunning rooms, with everything you'll need for a more than comfortable stay
- Long stretches of pure white sands
- free upgrade to seaview room for our customers only
- A no fuss, unobtrusive service where the customer is always king!
Swim around some of the most amazing under water sites in the world at the Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort and Spa
- Discover incredible flora and fauna including giant tortoise and incense trees
- Choose from a range of casual to gourmet dining options, or opt for an in-villa or under the stars experience
- Indulge in a spa treatment in a magical setting
Stay at the first and most legendary resort in the Seychelles, Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove at Beau Vallon Bay and enjoy a taste of exotica
- Enjoy a couples resort where you can enjoy the relaxtion of the resort and pamper yourself at the Zen Spa
- Discover the incredible flavours of creole cuisine
- Revel in colonial surrounds, as the first hotel in Seychelles built in 1943 boasting orginal architecture
Nicely hidden away amidst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens dotted by swaying coconut palms that gently dance in...
Prepare yourself for a memorable 8-day holiday with your family at the avani seychelles , where you will be able to...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Enjoy completely refurbished guest rooms and comfortable accommodation at the Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay hotel. The...