BTC to develop Casino at the Laguna Lang Co resort complex in Vietnam
Bayan Tree Capital has issued a Request for Concepts for the development of a casino at its Laguna Lang Co resort complex near Danang. The complex, first launched in April 2013, is currently home to the Banyan Tree and Angsana- two of Vietnams top luxury reports. Other facilities at Laguna Lang include a golf course, a spa and various retail outlets.
In an effort to attract more holidaymakers from China, Banyan Tree Capital (BTC), owner of Laguna Lang Co luxury resort complex in Vietnam has issued a Request for Concepts (RFC) for the development of a casino in the complex which houses both the Bayan Tree and the Angsana resorts.
BTC's managing director Steve Small stated the following of his firm's decision to add the gaming complex:
"We are seeking facilities and strategies that are focused on attracting foreign tourists from greater Asia, with a particular focus on inbound tourists from China and greater Asia".
Mr. Small went on to clarify that BTC would not be the operator of the Casino but was instead looking for an experienced independent operator. Small stated that he was confident that experienced operators in the gaming industry would be keen to take advantage of the business opportunity in addition to contributing to Vietnam's goal of growing its tourism industry and boosting its ability to compete with other destinations in Southeast Asia.
Recent statistics have reflected a slowdown in Vietnam's tourism industry with an expected 12.6 per cent decline in the number of arrivals in the first five months of 2015 when compared to the same period last year. Much of the slowdown has been attributed to the fallout of lower oil prices and a decline in the number of visitors from China since May 2014 due to a territorial dispute between the two countries and subsequent anti-China riots in Vietnam.
Recently it has been reported that the Vietnam government has approved a tourism growth plan put forward by Vietnam's Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. As part of the plan travellers from key source markets, including the four Nordic countries, Russia, Japan and South Korea, booking their holidays in Vietnam will no longer be required to pay for a visa.
Reportedly, the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism has also made a request for exemptions for the UK, France, Germany and Australia. Additionally, the government has also approved the proposal to establish a Vietnam Tourism Development Fund (VTDF), which is expected to raise up to 115.7million USD over the next five years. Vietnam is currently aiming to attract up to 50 million domestic and foreign holidaymakers by 2030.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Vietnam Browse all
Discover Vietnam's vibrant past in Saigon and combine it with a trip to the idyllic tropical sanctuary of Phu Quoc Island for some sun and sea
- Unwind with both of the hotels boasting their own spa
- Ideal central location in the centre of Saigon
- Dine on the freshest seafood, renowned on Phu Quoc Island
Discover a kaleidoscope of colours in the south of Vietnam from the beautiful temples and bustling markets of Saigon to the lush landscapes of the Mekong Delta before ending on the tropical beachfront in Mui Ne
- Idyllic beach break in Mui Ne
- Explore the famous Cu Chi Tunnels from the Vietnam War
- Cruise through the Mekong Delta in a traditional Bassac boat
Get under the skin of Vietnam with an adventurous tour taking in the classic sights as well as getting off the beaten track
- Overnight train to Sapa - hike through the hills and meet remote communities
- Overnight cruise down the Mekong River on a converted rice barge with all modern amenities
- Spend the night in Halong Bay and see the sun rise over the remarkable karst landscape (includes meals)
Explore the most iconic sites of Indochina during the unforgettable Highlights of Indochina, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos - Deluxe Tour
You will visit historical sites of Vietnam, discover the heritage of Laos, and explore the beautiful Angkor Complex in Cambodia.
- Tour around Ben Tre River in Vietnam and enjoy a variety of activities, including a visit to any of coconut processing workshops and riding a motocart through rice fields and vegetable plains.
- Watch the sun rise over the blue waters of tranquil Halong Bay, and then cruise through emerald waters of the Gulf of Tonkin.
- Participate in Baci Ceremony, an integral part of the Laos culture, and explore the Luang Prabang Night Market with its handmade textiles and local street food
Exotic and compelling, Vietnam is one of the most remarkable travel destinations in the world. The Essential Vietnam...
Wander from exciting cities to astonishing scenic beauty via peaceful beaches and the best preserved old towns in...
See all the most iconic sights of Indochina on this trip of a lifetime through Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Explore the...
Discover some of the most amazing and iconic sights in the world on this simply stunning trip through Vietnam, Cambodia...
Discover the beauty of a superb Centara Sandy Beach Resort Danang, located by the pristine stretch of beach and...