Air France announces addition of new weekly flight to Cuba this winter
Air France has announced that it will operate another flight to between Paris and Cuba from October, 2015. The airline will add the Havana flight to its weekly departures, increasing the number of flights per week to 11 during the 2015 winter period. The service will operate on Wednesdays on a Boeing 777-300 equipped with 468 seats.
Air France will operate a new flight to Havana from this October, increasing the number of weekly departures to 11 this winter.
The flight to Cuba will depart on Wednesdays from Paris-Charles de Gaulle and will be operated on a Boeing 777-300 equipped with 468 seats.
The airline has been offering flights to Cuba for the last 17 years, with daily services between the UK and Havana via Paris through the summer season.
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines also offers flights to the Caribbean island via the Amsterdam-Schiphol (AMS) airport, with three weekly flights during the summer and four weekly flights throughout the winter season.
The Air France-KLM routes make them the European leader in transatlantic services to Cuba, offering travellers from Europe three daily flights between them to the island during the winter months.
Cuba is a communist island nation located in the Caribbean Sea, south of the Bahamas. Since Cuba travel restrictions for American residents were eased by US President Obama in 2011, following a decades-long embargo, more travellers are visiting the country through tour operators.
Obama recently announced that relations will be resumed between the U.S and Cuba which has lead to further travel restrictions being eased for American residents. General tourism has not yet been approved as a reason to visit the country, but Americans can visit for educational, religious, academic and cultural and family purposes across 12 categories, without having to obtain a licence.
Holidaymakers can relax on the beautiful white and golden sand beaches; snorkel and scuba dive along the world's second largest barrier reef; or take tours of the cities to embrace the culture of this vibrant nation.
Havana is the capital city and it is rich in history and culture. The city boasts an array of tourist hotspots including the Malecon, a promenade that runs along the main streets of Havana and offers beautiful views of the bay; the soaring Catedral de San Cristobal; the maritime museum, Castillo de la Real Fuerza; and the Old Town, a UNESCO site with restored buildings and the tourist square, Plaza de Armas.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...