Air France announces addition of new weekly flight to Cuba this winter
Air France has announced that it will operate another flight to between Paris and Cuba from October, 2015. The airline will add the Havana flight to its weekly departures, increasing the number of flights per week to 11 during the 2015 winter period. The service will operate on Wednesdays on a Boeing 777-300 equipped with 468 seats.
Air France will operate a new flight to Havana from this October, increasing the number of weekly departures to 11 this winter.
The flight to Cuba will depart on Wednesdays from Paris-Charles de Gaulle and will be operated on a Boeing 777-300 equipped with 468 seats.
The airline has been offering flights to Cuba for the last 17 years, with daily services between the UK and Havana via Paris through the summer season.
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines also offers flights to the Caribbean island via the Amsterdam-Schiphol (AMS) airport, with three weekly flights during the summer and four weekly flights throughout the winter season.
The Air France-KLM routes make them the European leader in transatlantic services to Cuba, offering travellers from Europe three daily flights between them to the island during the winter months.
Cuba is a communist island nation located in the Caribbean Sea, south of the Bahamas. Since Cuba travel restrictions for American residents were eased by US President Obama in 2011, following a decades-long embargo, more travellers are visiting the country through tour operators.
Obama recently announced that relations will be resumed between the U.S and Cuba which has lead to further travel restrictions being eased for American residents. General tourism has not yet been approved as a reason to visit the country, but Americans can visit for educational, religious, academic and cultural and family purposes across 12 categories, without having to obtain a licence.
Holidaymakers can relax on the beautiful white and golden sand beaches; snorkel and scuba dive along the world's second largest barrier reef; or take tours of the cities to embrace the culture of this vibrant nation.
Havana is the capital city and it is rich in history and culture. The city boasts an array of tourist hotspots including the Malecon, a promenade that runs along the main streets of Havana and offers beautiful views of the bay; the soaring Catedral de San Cristobal; the maritime museum, Castillo de la Real Fuerza; and the Old Town, a UNESCO site with restored buildings and the tourist square, Plaza de Armas.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Bella Costa
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 4th May 2017
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...