Air France announces addition of new weekly flight to Cuba this winter
Air France has announced that it will operate another flight to between Paris and Cuba from October, 2015. The airline will add the Havana flight to its weekly departures, increasing the number of flights per week to 11 during the 2015 winter period. The service will operate on Wednesdays on a Boeing 777-300 equipped with 468 seats.
Air France will operate a new flight to Havana from this October, increasing the number of weekly departures to 11 this winter.
The flight to Cuba will depart on Wednesdays from Paris-Charles de Gaulle and will be operated on a Boeing 777-300 equipped with 468 seats.
The airline has been offering flights to Cuba for the last 17 years, with daily services between the UK and Havana via Paris through the summer season.
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines also offers flights to the Caribbean island via the Amsterdam-Schiphol (AMS) airport, with three weekly flights during the summer and four weekly flights throughout the winter season.
The Air France-KLM routes make them the European leader in transatlantic services to Cuba, offering travellers from Europe three daily flights between them to the island during the winter months.
Cuba is a communist island nation located in the Caribbean Sea, south of the Bahamas. Since Cuba travel restrictions for American residents were eased by US President Obama in 2011, following a decades-long embargo, more travellers are visiting the country through tour operators.
Obama recently announced that relations will be resumed between the U.S and Cuba which has lead to further travel restrictions being eased for American residents. General tourism has not yet been approved as a reason to visit the country, but Americans can visit for educational, religious, academic and cultural and family purposes across 12 categories, without having to obtain a licence.
Holidaymakers can relax on the beautiful white and golden sand beaches; snorkel and scuba dive along the world's second largest barrier reef; or take tours of the cities to embrace the culture of this vibrant nation.
Havana is the capital city and it is rich in history and culture. The city boasts an array of tourist hotspots including the Malecon, a promenade that runs along the main streets of Havana and offers beautiful views of the bay; the soaring Catedral de San Cristobal; the maritime museum, Castillo de la Real Fuerza; and the Old Town, a UNESCO site with restored buildings and the tourist square, Plaza de Armas.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...