Air France announces addition of new weekly flight to Cuba this winter
Air France has announced that it will operate another flight to between Paris and Cuba from October, 2015. The airline will add the Havana flight to its weekly departures, increasing the number of flights per week to 11 during the 2015 winter period. The service will operate on Wednesdays on a Boeing 777-300 equipped with 468 seats.
Air France will operate a new flight to Havana from this October, increasing the number of weekly departures to 11 this winter.
The flight to Cuba will depart on Wednesdays from Paris-Charles de Gaulle and will be operated on a Boeing 777-300 equipped with 468 seats.
The airline has been offering flights to Cuba for the last 17 years, with daily services between the UK and Havana via Paris through the summer season.
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines also offers flights to the Caribbean island via the Amsterdam-Schiphol (AMS) airport, with three weekly flights during the summer and four weekly flights throughout the winter season.
The Air France-KLM routes make them the European leader in transatlantic services to Cuba, offering travellers from Europe three daily flights between them to the island during the winter months.
Cuba is a communist island nation located in the Caribbean Sea, south of the Bahamas. Since Cuba travel restrictions for American residents were eased by US President Obama in 2011, following a decades-long embargo, more travellers are visiting the country through tour operators.
Obama recently announced that relations will be resumed between the U.S and Cuba which has lead to further travel restrictions being eased for American residents. General tourism has not yet been approved as a reason to visit the country, but Americans can visit for educational, religious, academic and cultural and family purposes across 12 categories, without having to obtain a licence.
Holidaymakers can relax on the beautiful white and golden sand beaches; snorkel and scuba dive along the world's second largest barrier reef; or take tours of the cities to embrace the culture of this vibrant nation.
Havana is the capital city and it is rich in history and culture. The city boasts an array of tourist hotspots including the Malecon, a promenade that runs along the main streets of Havana and offers beautiful views of the bay; the soaring Catedral de San Cristobal; the maritime museum, Castillo de la Real Fuerza; and the Old Town, a UNESCO site with restored buildings and the tourist square, Plaza de Armas.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...