W Retreat Maldives appoints new General Manager
A new General Manager has been appointed at the W Retreat and Spa Maldives. Mark O'Sullivan from Ireland brings a career spanning more than 17 years in the luxury hospitality industry to the picturesque resort that is located on Fesdu Island located in the middle of North Ari Atoll in the tropical Maldives.
W Retreat and Spa Maldives has appointed Mark O'Sullivan as its brand new General Manager.
O'Sullivan, originally from Ireland, has a career spanning more than 17 years in the hospitality, and prior to joining the Maldives resort, he worked for Hyatt, InterContinental, The Kensington Hotel, and was recently the general manager at Vana Belle, A Luxury Collection Resort in Thailand.
The new GM spoke about what's next for the upscale W Maldives resort. He said:
"We recently unveiled newly restyled retreats with a fresh approach on luxury travel.
"It's a new take that will further amplify W Maldives iconic status and our reputation as a luxury playground for the new generation of worldly travellers that seeks unforgettably exuberant luxury experiences."
Situated on Fesdu Island located in the middle of North Ari Atoll in the Maldives, the luxury beachfront resort can be accessed via seaplane from Male International Airport.
Surrounded by pristine white sand beaches, turquoise lagoons, and colourful thriving reefs, the hotel's facilities include the AWAY Spa with a wide range of pampering treatments and amenities, six gourmet restaurants, swimming pools, the FIT gym, and the Down Under and Wave watersports centre.
Guests can choose from 78 overwater or beachfront villas with plunge pools and circular day beds, and modern amenities such as BOSE sound systems, 42-inch plasma TVs, free wireless internet, wine fridges, and king-sized beds.
The Maldives is an archipelago made up of nearly 1,200 stunning coral islands, of which 200 are inhabited. The country is a hotspot for nature lovers, couples, and families who want to soak up the breathtaking landscapes and tropical climate.
Visitors can enjoy snorkelling, scuba diving, boat trips, hiking through verdant forests and relaxing on unspoilt white sugar sand beaches that are fringed with swaying palm trees and azure ocean waters teeming with diverse marine life.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Benifit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters also featuring private sun decks
- The Main Restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western fare
- Easy acces to capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
Sun Island is an elegant and serene paradise in the Indian Ocean whilst Media Rotana is perfectly positioned for you to explore the wonders of Dubai.
- Both properties have restaurants that cover dishes from around the world
- Media Rotana is perfectly located in the centre of Dubai, within easy reach of shopping centres, the gold souk and Dubai's famous creek
- Sun Island lies in the South Ari Atoll, and is surrounded by wide beaches of fine sand and offshore waters that house underwater gardens full of marine life
Bask in the crystal waters of the Indian Ocean with this stunning Maldivian hideaway
- Explore the local reef with an expert guide
- Experience the true Maldivian way of life with a local family
- Indulge your senses with serene tranquillity at the Spa
Standing out as a precious gem, the Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi is a great Maldivian holiday spot for any kind of...
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....