W Retreat Maldives appoints new General Manager
A new General Manager has been appointed at the W Retreat and Spa Maldives. Mark O'Sullivan from Ireland brings a career spanning more than 17 years in the luxury hospitality industry to the picturesque resort that is located on Fesdu Island located in the middle of North Ari Atoll in the tropical Maldives.
W Retreat and Spa Maldives has appointed Mark O'Sullivan as its brand new General Manager.
O'Sullivan, originally from Ireland, has a career spanning more than 17 years in the hospitality, and prior to joining the Maldives resort, he worked for Hyatt, InterContinental, The Kensington Hotel, and was recently the general manager at Vana Belle, A Luxury Collection Resort in Thailand.
The new GM spoke about what's next for the upscale W Maldives resort. He said:
"We recently unveiled newly restyled retreats with a fresh approach on luxury travel.
"It's a new take that will further amplify W Maldives iconic status and our reputation as a luxury playground for the new generation of worldly travellers that seeks unforgettably exuberant luxury experiences."
Situated on Fesdu Island located in the middle of North Ari Atoll in the Maldives, the luxury beachfront resort can be accessed via seaplane from Male International Airport.
Surrounded by pristine white sand beaches, turquoise lagoons, and colourful thriving reefs, the hotel's facilities include the AWAY Spa with a wide range of pampering treatments and amenities, six gourmet restaurants, swimming pools, the FIT gym, and the Down Under and Wave watersports centre.
Guests can choose from 78 overwater or beachfront villas with plunge pools and circular day beds, and modern amenities such as BOSE sound systems, 42-inch plasma TVs, free wireless internet, wine fridges, and king-sized beds.
The Maldives is an archipelago made up of nearly 1,200 stunning coral islands, of which 200 are inhabited. The country is a hotspot for nature lovers, couples, and families who want to soak up the breathtaking landscapes and tropical climate.
Visitors can enjoy snorkelling, scuba diving, boat trips, hiking through verdant forests and relaxing on unspoilt white sugar sand beaches that are fringed with swaying palm trees and azure ocean waters teeming with diverse marine life.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Kurumba Island is a dream resort with so much to dazzle guests that most return over and over again.
- Choose from an ample choice of excellent dining options, top recreational activities and fantastic entertainment
- Just a 10-minute boat drive to paradise nestled amidst tropical gardens and white sandy beaches
- For keen marine enthusiasts a house reef is only a few feet away from the island
See what the Maldives really has to offer at Velassaru Maldives, with a great array of excursions.
- Fantastic selection of excursions from night snorkelling to fishing to a trip to Male to having an island all to yourself!
- As well as chilling on the beach or visiting the Spa, why not go an practice the ancient art of Yoga?
- Five wonderful dining venues and two exciting bars means you have a range of options depending on what mood you are in
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Bask in the crystal waters of the Indian Ocean with this stunning Maldivian hideaway
- Explore the local reef with an expert guide
- Experience the true Maldivian way of life with a local family
- Indulge your senses with serene tranquillity at the Spa
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....
Standing out as a precious gem, the Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi is a great Maldivian holiday spot for any kind of...