W Retreat Maldives appoints new General Manager
A new General Manager has been appointed at the W Retreat and Spa Maldives. Mark O'Sullivan from Ireland brings a career spanning more than 17 years in the luxury hospitality industry to the picturesque resort that is located on Fesdu Island located in the middle of North Ari Atoll in the tropical Maldives.
W Retreat and Spa Maldives has appointed Mark O'Sullivan as its brand new General Manager.
O'Sullivan, originally from Ireland, has a career spanning more than 17 years in the hospitality, and prior to joining the Maldives resort, he worked for Hyatt, InterContinental, The Kensington Hotel, and was recently the general manager at Vana Belle, A Luxury Collection Resort in Thailand.
The new GM spoke about what's next for the upscale W Maldives resort. He said:
"We recently unveiled newly restyled retreats with a fresh approach on luxury travel.
"It's a new take that will further amplify W Maldives iconic status and our reputation as a luxury playground for the new generation of worldly travellers that seeks unforgettably exuberant luxury experiences."
Situated on Fesdu Island located in the middle of North Ari Atoll in the Maldives, the luxury beachfront resort can be accessed via seaplane from Male International Airport.
Surrounded by pristine white sand beaches, turquoise lagoons, and colourful thriving reefs, the hotel's facilities include the AWAY Spa with a wide range of pampering treatments and amenities, six gourmet restaurants, swimming pools, the FIT gym, and the Down Under and Wave watersports centre.
Guests can choose from 78 overwater or beachfront villas with plunge pools and circular day beds, and modern amenities such as BOSE sound systems, 42-inch plasma TVs, free wireless internet, wine fridges, and king-sized beds.
The Maldives is an archipelago made up of nearly 1,200 stunning coral islands, of which 200 are inhabited. The country is a hotspot for nature lovers, couples, and families who want to soak up the breathtaking landscapes and tropical climate.
Visitors can enjoy snorkelling, scuba diving, boat trips, hiking through verdant forests and relaxing on unspoilt white sugar sand beaches that are fringed with swaying palm trees and azure ocean waters teeming with diverse marine life.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Relax and unwind on Paradise Island before picking up the pace in glamorous Dubai enjoy the Duty free shopping
- Take a dip in the turquoise lagoon or the onsite pool, go snorkelling and windsurfing or opt for land sports recreation
- Your Dubai abode sits close to the Mall of the Emirates and a short ride to the famous Jumeirah Beach
- Paradise Island accommodation are Bungalows with direct access to the beach or Water Bungalows with private sun terrace
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
True Maldivian style comes to the fore at Reethi Beach Resort, situated on the tiny Baa Atoll. The PADI 5-star Dive...
Get away from the mundane and enjoy eight days of uninterrupted sun and sand on the shores of one of the most sought...