W Retreat Maldives appoints new General Manager
A new General Manager has been appointed at the W Retreat and Spa Maldives. Mark O'Sullivan from Ireland brings a career spanning more than 17 years in the luxury hospitality industry to the picturesque resort that is located on Fesdu Island located in the middle of North Ari Atoll in the tropical Maldives.
W Retreat and Spa Maldives has appointed Mark O'Sullivan as its brand new General Manager.
O'Sullivan, originally from Ireland, has a career spanning more than 17 years in the hospitality, and prior to joining the Maldives resort, he worked for Hyatt, InterContinental, The Kensington Hotel, and was recently the general manager at Vana Belle, A Luxury Collection Resort in Thailand.
The new GM spoke about what's next for the upscale W Maldives resort. He said:
"We recently unveiled newly restyled retreats with a fresh approach on luxury travel.
"It's a new take that will further amplify W Maldives iconic status and our reputation as a luxury playground for the new generation of worldly travellers that seeks unforgettably exuberant luxury experiences."
Situated on Fesdu Island located in the middle of North Ari Atoll in the Maldives, the luxury beachfront resort can be accessed via seaplane from Male International Airport.
Surrounded by pristine white sand beaches, turquoise lagoons, and colourful thriving reefs, the hotel's facilities include the AWAY Spa with a wide range of pampering treatments and amenities, six gourmet restaurants, swimming pools, the FIT gym, and the Down Under and Wave watersports centre.
Guests can choose from 78 overwater or beachfront villas with plunge pools and circular day beds, and modern amenities such as BOSE sound systems, 42-inch plasma TVs, free wireless internet, wine fridges, and king-sized beds.
The Maldives is an archipelago made up of nearly 1,200 stunning coral islands, of which 200 are inhabited. The country is a hotspot for nature lovers, couples, and families who want to soak up the breathtaking landscapes and tropical climate.
Visitors can enjoy snorkelling, scuba diving, boat trips, hiking through verdant forests and relaxing on unspoilt white sugar sand beaches that are fringed with swaying palm trees and azure ocean waters teeming with diverse marine life.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Combine effortless luxury with the stunning surrounding paradise in the Maldives
- Create lasting memories with a sunset cruise
- Discover the crystal clear waters and marine life through a wide range of water sports activities
- Relax and unwind in the well-appointed luxury villas
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...