Rosewood Mayakoba in Riviera Maya to temporarily close in September 2015 for refurbishments
The Rosewood Mayakoba resort in the Riviera Maya in Cancun in Mexico will undergo a USD1.5 million renovation project in September to upgrade its accommodation, restaurants and public areas. The luxury resort will close to guests for two weeks while the work takes place and will reopen on 22nd September, 2015.
Rosewood Mayakoba will close its doors for two weeks while it undergoes renovations in September, 215.
The luxury resort in the Riviera Maya near Cancun Airport (CUN) in Mexico will be closed for a $1.5 million project, which will upgrade and renovate select guest rooms and suites, restaurants, and public areas.
The work is expected to start on 7th September, 2015 and the luxury resort will reopen to guests on 22nd September, 2015.
Accommodation refurbishments will include a reconfiguration of the outdoor living space for the Beachside Lagoon View Suites, new two-bedroom suites and outdoor rain showers for the Beachfront Studio Suites.
The project will add a new deck to Casa del Lago restaurant, an expanded kitchen to the Agave Azul Sushi Bar and Tequila Library, and a new lagoon-level dining area to the revamped Agave Azul restaurant.
"At Rosewood Mayakoba we are constantly reinvigorating the guest experience by introducing thoughtful details and innovative elements, so that our guests have a reason to come back again and again.
Explained Daniel Scott, the Managing Director of Rosewood Mayakoba, he also commented:
"The upcoming enhancement project is a further testament to our commitment to continually refining the guest experience, and we look forward to welcoming guests back to rediscover the best of the Riviera Maya this September."
Rosewood Mayakoba is surrounded by 1,600 acres of land made up of lush jungles and pristine white beaches. Its luxurious accommodation is made up of 130 suites that are situated along tranquil lagoons with amenities such as plunge pools, spacious terraces with hammocks, and boat docks.
The luxury beachfront resort has several gourmet restaurants with terraces, a large swimming pool, the upscale Sense Spa, Rosebuds Kids Centre, and a modern fitness centre. Guests can play golf at the Greg Norman-designed golf resort, go scuba diving or snorkelling, go swimming in ancient caves, or enjoy horse riding on the beach.
Riviera Maya is located approximately 40 miles south of Cancun and the region boasts some of the world's most magnificent natural landscapes and diverse wildlife species.
The area surrounding Cancun and Riviera Maya is home to some of Mexico's most historical sites and ancient Mayan ruins and temples such as the Tulum archaeological site, Coba, Ek Balam, San Gervasio, Xcaret, and Chichen Itza, as well as verdant thriving nature parks and reserves, crystal clear azure ocean waters, and miles of sweeping unspoilt beaches.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Enjoy exclusive privileges on tap as part of the resort's signature Unlimited-Luxury all-inclusive concept.
- Enjoy fantastic discounts when travelling with kids
- Retreat to one of the Mexican Caribbean's most coveted and secluded beach hideaways
- Something to keep everyone entertained at this fantastic family friendly resort
- Outdoor pool theater for shows and theme dinners
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Deluxe Ocean View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
A picturesque city on Mexico's Caribbean Sea coastline, Playa del Carmen is the perfect getaway for both families and...