Rosewood Mayakoba in Riviera Maya to temporarily close in September 2015 for refurbishments
The Rosewood Mayakoba resort in the Riviera Maya in Cancun in Mexico will undergo a USD1.5 million renovation project in September to upgrade its accommodation, restaurants and public areas. The luxury resort will close to guests for two weeks while the work takes place and will reopen on 22nd September, 2015.
Rosewood Mayakoba will close its doors for two weeks while it undergoes renovations in September, 215.
The luxury resort in the Riviera Maya near Cancun Airport (CUN) in Mexico will be closed for a $1.5 million project, which will upgrade and renovate select guest rooms and suites, restaurants, and public areas.
The work is expected to start on 7th September, 2015 and the luxury resort will reopen to guests on 22nd September, 2015.
Accommodation refurbishments will include a reconfiguration of the outdoor living space for the Beachside Lagoon View Suites, new two-bedroom suites and outdoor rain showers for the Beachfront Studio Suites.
The project will add a new deck to Casa del Lago restaurant, an expanded kitchen to the Agave Azul Sushi Bar and Tequila Library, and a new lagoon-level dining area to the revamped Agave Azul restaurant.
"At Rosewood Mayakoba we are constantly reinvigorating the guest experience by introducing thoughtful details and innovative elements, so that our guests have a reason to come back again and again.
Explained Daniel Scott, the Managing Director of Rosewood Mayakoba, he also commented:
"The upcoming enhancement project is a further testament to our commitment to continually refining the guest experience, and we look forward to welcoming guests back to rediscover the best of the Riviera Maya this September."
Rosewood Mayakoba is surrounded by 1,600 acres of land made up of lush jungles and pristine white beaches. Its luxurious accommodation is made up of 130 suites that are situated along tranquil lagoons with amenities such as plunge pools, spacious terraces with hammocks, and boat docks.
The luxury beachfront resort has several gourmet restaurants with terraces, a large swimming pool, the upscale Sense Spa, Rosebuds Kids Centre, and a modern fitness centre. Guests can play golf at the Greg Norman-designed golf resort, go scuba diving or snorkelling, go swimming in ancient caves, or enjoy horse riding on the beach.
Riviera Maya is located approximately 40 miles south of Cancun and the region boasts some of the world's most magnificent natural landscapes and diverse wildlife species.
The area surrounding Cancun and Riviera Maya is home to some of Mexico's most historical sites and ancient Mayan ruins and temples such as the Tulum archaeological site, Coba, Ek Balam, San Gervasio, Xcaret, and Chichen Itza, as well as verdant thriving nature parks and reserves, crystal clear azure ocean waters, and miles of sweeping unspoilt beaches.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Live it up and Experience Cancun in unlimited luxury that knows no bounds at Dreams Sands Cancun Resort and Spa
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Under 17's Stay, Play and Eat free at this magnificent resort sure to make for a holiday of a lifetime
- Enjoy fantastic access to the newly opening Grand Section which includes ten new restaurants and 6 bars, a waterpark, a new spa with 64 treatment rooms, a theatre and a bowling alley, plus another Playroom Kids’ club and Wired Teens lounge worth $1400
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...