Rosewood Mayakoba in Riviera Maya to temporarily close in September 2015 for refurbishments
The Rosewood Mayakoba resort in the Riviera Maya in Cancun in Mexico will undergo a USD1.5 million renovation project in September to upgrade its accommodation, restaurants and public areas. The luxury resort will close to guests for two weeks while the work takes place and will reopen on 22nd September, 2015.
Rosewood Mayakoba will close its doors for two weeks while it undergoes renovations in September, 215.
The luxury resort in the Riviera Maya near Cancun Airport (CUN) in Mexico will be closed for a $1.5 million project, which will upgrade and renovate select guest rooms and suites, restaurants, and public areas.
The work is expected to start on 7th September, 2015 and the luxury resort will reopen to guests on 22nd September, 2015.
Accommodation refurbishments will include a reconfiguration of the outdoor living space for the Beachside Lagoon View Suites, new two-bedroom suites and outdoor rain showers for the Beachfront Studio Suites.
The project will add a new deck to Casa del Lago restaurant, an expanded kitchen to the Agave Azul Sushi Bar and Tequila Library, and a new lagoon-level dining area to the revamped Agave Azul restaurant.
"At Rosewood Mayakoba we are constantly reinvigorating the guest experience by introducing thoughtful details and innovative elements, so that our guests have a reason to come back again and again.
Explained Daniel Scott, the Managing Director of Rosewood Mayakoba, he also commented:
"The upcoming enhancement project is a further testament to our commitment to continually refining the guest experience, and we look forward to welcoming guests back to rediscover the best of the Riviera Maya this September."
Rosewood Mayakoba is surrounded by 1,600 acres of land made up of lush jungles and pristine white beaches. Its luxurious accommodation is made up of 130 suites that are situated along tranquil lagoons with amenities such as plunge pools, spacious terraces with hammocks, and boat docks.
The luxury beachfront resort has several gourmet restaurants with terraces, a large swimming pool, the upscale Sense Spa, Rosebuds Kids Centre, and a modern fitness centre. Guests can play golf at the Greg Norman-designed golf resort, go scuba diving or snorkelling, go swimming in ancient caves, or enjoy horse riding on the beach.
Riviera Maya is located approximately 40 miles south of Cancun and the region boasts some of the world's most magnificent natural landscapes and diverse wildlife species.
The area surrounding Cancun and Riviera Maya is home to some of Mexico's most historical sites and ancient Mayan ruins and temples such as the Tulum archaeological site, Coba, Ek Balam, San Gervasio, Xcaret, and Chichen Itza, as well as verdant thriving nature parks and reserves, crystal clear azure ocean waters, and miles of sweeping unspoilt beaches.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at this beautiful retreat.
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Enjoy a fantastic Resort View to Garden View
- Fantastic all-inclusive package providing all meals, snacks, unlimited premium beverages, 24-hour room service and more
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
- Enjoy fantastic access to the newly opening Grand Section which includes ten new restaurants and 6 bars, a waterpark, a new spa with 64 treatment rooms, a theatre and a bowling alley, plus another Playroom Kids’ club and Wired Teens lounge
- Kids Stay, Play and Eat free
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Travel from May onwards and enjoy a fantastic upgrade to a Preferred Club Junior Suite Pool View
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...