Rosewood Mayakoba in Riviera Maya to temporarily close in September 2015 for refurbishments
The Rosewood Mayakoba resort in the Riviera Maya in Cancun in Mexico will undergo a USD1.5 million renovation project in September to upgrade its accommodation, restaurants and public areas. The luxury resort will close to guests for two weeks while the work takes place and will reopen on 22nd September, 2015.
Rosewood Mayakoba will close its doors for two weeks while it undergoes renovations in September, 215.
The luxury resort in the Riviera Maya near Cancun Airport (CUN) in Mexico will be closed for a $1.5 million project, which will upgrade and renovate select guest rooms and suites, restaurants, and public areas.
The work is expected to start on 7th September, 2015 and the luxury resort will reopen to guests on 22nd September, 2015.
Accommodation refurbishments will include a reconfiguration of the outdoor living space for the Beachside Lagoon View Suites, new two-bedroom suites and outdoor rain showers for the Beachfront Studio Suites.
The project will add a new deck to Casa del Lago restaurant, an expanded kitchen to the Agave Azul Sushi Bar and Tequila Library, and a new lagoon-level dining area to the revamped Agave Azul restaurant.
"At Rosewood Mayakoba we are constantly reinvigorating the guest experience by introducing thoughtful details and innovative elements, so that our guests have a reason to come back again and again.
Explained Daniel Scott, the Managing Director of Rosewood Mayakoba, he also commented:
"The upcoming enhancement project is a further testament to our commitment to continually refining the guest experience, and we look forward to welcoming guests back to rediscover the best of the Riviera Maya this September."
Rosewood Mayakoba is surrounded by 1,600 acres of land made up of lush jungles and pristine white beaches. Its luxurious accommodation is made up of 130 suites that are situated along tranquil lagoons with amenities such as plunge pools, spacious terraces with hammocks, and boat docks.
The luxury beachfront resort has several gourmet restaurants with terraces, a large swimming pool, the upscale Sense Spa, Rosebuds Kids Centre, and a modern fitness centre. Guests can play golf at the Greg Norman-designed golf resort, go scuba diving or snorkelling, go swimming in ancient caves, or enjoy horse riding on the beach.
Riviera Maya is located approximately 40 miles south of Cancun and the region boasts some of the world's most magnificent natural landscapes and diverse wildlife species.
The area surrounding Cancun and Riviera Maya is home to some of Mexico's most historical sites and ancient Mayan ruins and temples such as the Tulum archaeological site, Coba, Ek Balam, San Gervasio, Xcaret, and Chichen Itza, as well as verdant thriving nature parks and reserves, crystal clear azure ocean waters, and miles of sweeping unspoilt beaches.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Unwind and relax on a pristine beach knowing your kids are enjoying endless endless activities, designed especially for them at the Treasure Island Water Park
- Enjoy a film at the onsite private cinema
- Dine at a wide range of 10 restaurants & 11 bars
- Make a splash at Treasure Island Water Park
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- Adults only resort just 20 minutes from the airport and the nightlife of Cancun 15 miles away
- Enjoy one of the various treatments on offer at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort you will...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...