Rosewood Mayakoba in Riviera Maya to temporarily close in September 2015 for refurbishments
The Rosewood Mayakoba resort in the Riviera Maya in Cancun in Mexico will undergo a USD1.5 million renovation project in September to upgrade its accommodation, restaurants and public areas. The luxury resort will close to guests for two weeks while the work takes place and will reopen on 22nd September, 2015.
Rosewood Mayakoba will close its doors for two weeks while it undergoes renovations in September, 215.
The luxury resort in the Riviera Maya near Cancun Airport (CUN) in Mexico will be closed for a $1.5 million project, which will upgrade and renovate select guest rooms and suites, restaurants, and public areas.
The work is expected to start on 7th September, 2015 and the luxury resort will reopen to guests on 22nd September, 2015.
Accommodation refurbishments will include a reconfiguration of the outdoor living space for the Beachside Lagoon View Suites, new two-bedroom suites and outdoor rain showers for the Beachfront Studio Suites.
The project will add a new deck to Casa del Lago restaurant, an expanded kitchen to the Agave Azul Sushi Bar and Tequila Library, and a new lagoon-level dining area to the revamped Agave Azul restaurant.
"At Rosewood Mayakoba we are constantly reinvigorating the guest experience by introducing thoughtful details and innovative elements, so that our guests have a reason to come back again and again.
Explained Daniel Scott, the Managing Director of Rosewood Mayakoba, he also commented:
"The upcoming enhancement project is a further testament to our commitment to continually refining the guest experience, and we look forward to welcoming guests back to rediscover the best of the Riviera Maya this September."
Rosewood Mayakoba is surrounded by 1,600 acres of land made up of lush jungles and pristine white beaches. Its luxurious accommodation is made up of 130 suites that are situated along tranquil lagoons with amenities such as plunge pools, spacious terraces with hammocks, and boat docks.
The luxury beachfront resort has several gourmet restaurants with terraces, a large swimming pool, the upscale Sense Spa, Rosebuds Kids Centre, and a modern fitness centre. Guests can play golf at the Greg Norman-designed golf resort, go scuba diving or snorkelling, go swimming in ancient caves, or enjoy horse riding on the beach.
Riviera Maya is located approximately 40 miles south of Cancun and the region boasts some of the world's most magnificent natural landscapes and diverse wildlife species.
The area surrounding Cancun and Riviera Maya is home to some of Mexico's most historical sites and ancient Mayan ruins and temples such as the Tulum archaeological site, Coba, Ek Balam, San Gervasio, Xcaret, and Chichen Itza, as well as verdant thriving nature parks and reserves, crystal clear azure ocean waters, and miles of sweeping unspoilt beaches.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults-only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
Get up to $3600 resort credits to spend on luxurious extras like spa treatments, golf, excursions and so much more!
- Stay for 10 Nights or more and up to 2 kids up to the age of 12 stay free
- Relax and rejuvenate at the world-class spa with 75 treatment rooms
- Dine at a wide choice of restaurants specialising in Italian, Asian and Mexican cuisine
- Enjoy Up to $3600 resort credit to spend on spa, excursions, golf and more
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...