JA Resorts and Hotels to open high end resort in Sri Lanka in 2017
JA Resorts and Hotels has announced that it will expand into Sri Lanka with the opening of a luxury resort in 2017. The hotel will be Sri Lanka's first high end resort of its kind and the property will have 108 gust rooms and suites that average at $500 per night. The hotel group is also looking into acquiring properties in Thailand.
JA Resorts and Hotels will be expanding its portfolio into Sri Lanka after it announced plans to open a new high end resort in 2017.
The JA Eclipse Beach Resort Sri Lanka will be located property at Kathiraveli in eastern Sri Lanka and it will be in partnership with the Gravity Resort Group (GRG).
David Thomson, the Chief Operating Officer of JA Resorts and Hotels, explained:
"The Sri Lanka property will come on stream in the country's East Coast in November 2017."
GRG's director, Deepal Ahangama, said that the luxury resort will bring significant social and economic benefits to the local community. Mr Ahangama commented:
"We will be community driven and plan to construct a school for the community in addition to our doctor on site providing free medical services to the people."
JA Resorts and Hotels will be responsible for consultation, and the management of the upscale resort, and GRG will invest US$ 30 million into the project.
Thomson added that this will be the first high end resort in Sri Lanka and room rates will average at $500 per night.
JA Resorts and Hotels, the oldest home-grown hotel brand in the United Arab Emirates, is in talks to open new hotels in Thailand and it already owns and manages an upmarket resort in the Maldives and luxury hotels in the Seychelles.
Sri Lanka is an island in the Indian Ocean famous for its beautiful natural scenery and diverse ecosystem that is made up of miles of sandy beaches, soaring mountains, thriving wildlife sanctuaries, verdant nature parks, and an array of heritage sites which that ancient cities and colonial forts.
The country has become a trendy holiday destination since the end of the civil war in 2009 and the government and tourism officials are developing the areas that were affected by the war into leading tourism zones.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Located in Negombo, on the west coast of Sri Lanka, Club Dolphin offers a relaxing and comfortable stay at the heart of one of Asia's most diverse countries.
- Cottages are spread throughout the gardens and have air conditioning, mini fridge and cable TV
- Club Dolphin is set in acres of coconut groves, beside a golden sand beach and backing onto a canal
- The hotel has two pools, one activity pool and a quiet pool, with the main pool winding through the resort
Discover local life in a fishing village, explore rainforests, Temples and much more on Sri Lanka's West Coast, and enjoy great value for money
- All rooms include a balcony or terrace with either Partial Sea View or Ocean View
- Enjoy Yoga, Snooker, access to 2 Swimming Pools & much more
- Access to the Sahana Spa and leave your daily stress behind with the magical touch of various spa treatments
Enjoy an amazing twin-centre holiday combining the golden sands of Sri Lanka with the modern opulence of Arabic luxury in Dubai.
- Both hotels offer the finest quality facilities and amenities to suit guests of all ages
- While in Dubai escape to the tranquillity of SPA Asiana, the perfect place to unwind and rejuvenate
- Sample authentic Sri Lankan cuisine at the Avani Kalutara Resort with Half-Board dining
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
Surrounded by vast paddy fields and exceptional natural beauty, the Kithala Resort is a true tropical haven as one...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....