JA Resorts and Hotels to open high end resort in Sri Lanka in 2017
JA Resorts and Hotels has announced that it will expand into Sri Lanka with the opening of a luxury resort in 2017. The hotel will be Sri Lanka's first high end resort of its kind and the property will have 108 gust rooms and suites that average at $500 per night. The hotel group is also looking into acquiring properties in Thailand.
JA Resorts and Hotels will be expanding its portfolio into Sri Lanka after it announced plans to open a new high end resort in 2017.
The JA Eclipse Beach Resort Sri Lanka will be located property at Kathiraveli in eastern Sri Lanka and it will be in partnership with the Gravity Resort Group (GRG).
David Thomson, the Chief Operating Officer of JA Resorts and Hotels, explained:
"The Sri Lanka property will come on stream in the country's East Coast in November 2017."
GRG's director, Deepal Ahangama, said that the luxury resort will bring significant social and economic benefits to the local community. Mr Ahangama commented:
"We will be community driven and plan to construct a school for the community in addition to our doctor on site providing free medical services to the people."
JA Resorts and Hotels will be responsible for consultation, and the management of the upscale resort, and GRG will invest US$ 30 million into the project.
Thomson added that this will be the first high end resort in Sri Lanka and room rates will average at $500 per night.
JA Resorts and Hotels, the oldest home-grown hotel brand in the United Arab Emirates, is in talks to open new hotels in Thailand and it already owns and manages an upmarket resort in the Maldives and luxury hotels in the Seychelles.
Sri Lanka is an island in the Indian Ocean famous for its beautiful natural scenery and diverse ecosystem that is made up of miles of sandy beaches, soaring mountains, thriving wildlife sanctuaries, verdant nature parks, and an array of heritage sites which that ancient cities and colonial forts.
The country has become a trendy holiday destination since the end of the civil war in 2009 and the government and tourism officials are developing the areas that were affected by the war into leading tourism zones.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Settle into a haven of tranquility at a luxury boutique hotel that is a member of the prestigious Small Luxury Hotels of the World
- Offers a wide range of facilities including Bike Riding, Windsurfing, Kite Surfing & more
- Accommodation designed by the World-Famous local Architect Geoffrey Bawa
- Enjoy a choice of Wines specially selected for Jetwing
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
This holiday offers an amazing combination of adventure and discovery before a relaxing stay on the beach
- Jetwing Beach has a breathtaking costal location offering the chance to relax on the pristine beach
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Tour is an adventures dream where you will discover the jewels of Kandy
- This holiday is perfectly combined to ensure adventure and relaxation are evenly matched which makes for an unforgettable holiday
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...
Avani Bentota is set in eight acres of lush frangipanis and coconut palms by the golden sands of Bentota. This hotel...