JA Resorts to launch luxury beach resort in Sri Lanka
UAE based JA Resorts and Hotels, in partnership with the Gravity Resort Group, will launch a new luxury resort in Sri Lanka. The JA Eclipse Beach Resort in Sri Lanka will be JA Resorts' third five star property in the Indian Ocean and a will be a key milestone as JA Resorts looks to grow its international portfolio.
JA Resorts and Hotels is pressing ahead with its international growth strategy announcing that it has singed a management agreement for a luxury boutique resort in Sri Lanka.
The resort will be located on Sri Lanka's East Coast in Kathiraveli and when launched, the JA Eclipse Beach Resort will be the third luxury JA Resorts property in the Indian Ocean. JA Resorts currently operates similar five star resorts in the Seychelles and the Maldives.
JA Resorts have stated that they will be partnering with the Gravity Resort Group (GRG) to develop the new luxury Sri Lanka hotel. Under the terms of the partnership GRG will be funding the project to the tune of $30 million while JA Resorts and Hotels will assume responsibility of consultation as well as the management of the resort once it is completed.
Of the latest addition to JA Resorts' portfolio, chief operating officer, David Thomson stated:
"We are extremely proud to be the first UAE-based hospitality company to sign a management agreement enabling us to manage the first ever luxury resort development on the Sri Lankan East Coast.
"We remain committed to spreading our heartfelt hospitality into foreign leisure markets. This is in line with our long-term expansion strategy...to grow our footprint within the UAE as well as internationally".
The JA Eclipse Beach Resort will feature all the amenities holidaymakers expect from a luxury resort including as many as eight restaurants, offering a range of dining experiences, from casual daytime atmosphere to a more formal evening meal and everything in between including pool and beachside dining. Other features include a spa and wellness center with a retail area, an on site hair salon as well as a herbal infused relaxation garden.
Sri Lanka is popular Indian Ocean destination among Britons. Officials recently reported a 13.6 per cent increase in the number of travellers booking holidays in Sri Lanka during Q1 2015 when compared with the same period in 2014 with the UK among the top five source markets along with India China, Germany and France. One the back of the recent growth, Sri Lanka's tourism industry is said to have generated $762.3 million USD in Q1 2015.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Discover the beautiful Sri Lankan nature, located beside a perfect strech beach on the Island's West Coast
- Beautifully located beside a perfect stretch of sandy beach on the island's west coast
- Modern and comfortable rooms with breathtaking sea views
- Choose from the open air terrace offering delicious traditional and international cuisines
Discover local life in a fishing village, explore rainforests, Temples and much more on Sri Lanka's West Coast, and enjoy great value for money
- All rooms include a balcony or terrace with either Partial Sea View or Ocean View
- Enjoy Yoga, Snooker, access to 2 Swimming Pools & much more
- Access to the Sahana Spa and leave your daily stress behind with the magical touch of various spa treatments
Located in Negombo, on the west coast of Sri Lanka, Club Dolphin offers a relaxing and comfortable stay at the heart of one of Asia's most diverse countries.
- Cottages are spread throughout the gardens and have air conditioning, mini fridge and cable TV
- Club Dolphin is set in acres of coconut groves, beside a golden sand beach and backing onto a canal
- The hotel has two pools, one activity pool and a quiet pool, with the main pool winding through the resort
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...
Surrounded by vast paddy fields and exceptional natural beauty, the Kithala Resort is a true tropical haven as one...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....