JA Resorts to launch luxury beach resort in Sri Lanka
UAE based JA Resorts and Hotels, in partnership with the Gravity Resort Group, will launch a new luxury resort in Sri Lanka. The JA Eclipse Beach Resort in Sri Lanka will be JA Resorts' third five star property in the Indian Ocean and a will be a key milestone as JA Resorts looks to grow its international portfolio.
JA Resorts and Hotels is pressing ahead with its international growth strategy announcing that it has singed a management agreement for a luxury boutique resort in Sri Lanka.
The resort will be located on Sri Lanka's East Coast in Kathiraveli and when launched, the JA Eclipse Beach Resort will be the third luxury JA Resorts property in the Indian Ocean. JA Resorts currently operates similar five star resorts in the Seychelles and the Maldives.
JA Resorts have stated that they will be partnering with the Gravity Resort Group (GRG) to develop the new luxury Sri Lanka hotel. Under the terms of the partnership GRG will be funding the project to the tune of $30 million while JA Resorts and Hotels will assume responsibility of consultation as well as the management of the resort once it is completed.
Of the latest addition to JA Resorts' portfolio, chief operating officer, David Thomson stated:
"We are extremely proud to be the first UAE-based hospitality company to sign a management agreement enabling us to manage the first ever luxury resort development on the Sri Lankan East Coast.
"We remain committed to spreading our heartfelt hospitality into foreign leisure markets. This is in line with our long-term expansion strategy...to grow our footprint within the UAE as well as internationally".
The JA Eclipse Beach Resort will feature all the amenities holidaymakers expect from a luxury resort including as many as eight restaurants, offering a range of dining experiences, from casual daytime atmosphere to a more formal evening meal and everything in between including pool and beachside dining. Other features include a spa and wellness center with a retail area, an on site hair salon as well as a herbal infused relaxation garden.
Sri Lanka is popular Indian Ocean destination among Britons. Officials recently reported a 13.6 per cent increase in the number of travellers booking holidays in Sri Lanka during Q1 2015 when compared with the same period in 2014 with the UK among the top five source markets along with India China, Germany and France. One the back of the recent growth, Sri Lanka's tourism industry is said to have generated $762.3 million USD in Q1 2015.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Discover the beautiful Sri Lankan nature, located beside a perfect strech beach on the Island's West Coast
- Beautifully located beside a perfect stretch of sandy beach on the island's west coast
- Modern and comfortable rooms with breathtaking sea views
- Choose from the open air terrace offering delicious traditional and international cuisines
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
Embark on a holiday of a lifetime with this amazing twin centre special offer
- Indulge your senses with the amazing spa treatments at the Avani Kalutara
- Enjoy an authentic Rajasthani meal with a local Indian family in Jaipur
- Buy some amazing souvenirs made by sculptors who claim to be direct descendants of the craftsmen who built the Taj Mahal
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...
Stay in a world of luxury and comfort at Citrus Waskaduwa, a fantastic beach retreat with top of the range amenities and...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...