JA Resorts to launch luxury beach resort in Sri Lanka
UAE based JA Resorts and Hotels, in partnership with the Gravity Resort Group, will launch a new luxury resort in Sri Lanka. The JA Eclipse Beach Resort in Sri Lanka will be JA Resorts' third five star property in the Indian Ocean and a will be a key milestone as JA Resorts looks to grow its international portfolio.
JA Resorts and Hotels is pressing ahead with its international growth strategy announcing that it has singed a management agreement for a luxury boutique resort in Sri Lanka.
The resort will be located on Sri Lanka's East Coast in Kathiraveli and when launched, the JA Eclipse Beach Resort will be the third luxury JA Resorts property in the Indian Ocean. JA Resorts currently operates similar five star resorts in the Seychelles and the Maldives.
JA Resorts have stated that they will be partnering with the Gravity Resort Group (GRG) to develop the new luxury Sri Lanka hotel. Under the terms of the partnership GRG will be funding the project to the tune of $30 million while JA Resorts and Hotels will assume responsibility of consultation as well as the management of the resort once it is completed.
Of the latest addition to JA Resorts' portfolio, chief operating officer, David Thomson stated:
"We are extremely proud to be the first UAE-based hospitality company to sign a management agreement enabling us to manage the first ever luxury resort development on the Sri Lankan East Coast.
"We remain committed to spreading our heartfelt hospitality into foreign leisure markets. This is in line with our long-term expansion strategy...to grow our footprint within the UAE as well as internationally".
The JA Eclipse Beach Resort will feature all the amenities holidaymakers expect from a luxury resort including as many as eight restaurants, offering a range of dining experiences, from casual daytime atmosphere to a more formal evening meal and everything in between including pool and beachside dining. Other features include a spa and wellness center with a retail area, an on site hair salon as well as a herbal infused relaxation garden.
Sri Lanka is popular Indian Ocean destination among Britons. Officials recently reported a 13.6 per cent increase in the number of travellers booking holidays in Sri Lanka during Q1 2015 when compared with the same period in 2014 with the UK among the top five source markets along with India China, Germany and France. One the back of the recent growth, Sri Lanka's tourism industry is said to have generated $762.3 million USD in Q1 2015.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Located in Negombo, on the west coast of Sri Lanka, Club Dolphin offers a relaxing and comfortable stay at the heart of one of Asia's most diverse countries.
- Cottages are spread throughout the gardens and have air conditioning, mini fridge and cable TV
- Club Dolphin is set in acres of coconut groves, beside a golden sand beach and backing onto a canal
- The hotel has two pools, one activity pool and a quiet pool, with the main pool winding through the resort
Discover local life in a fishing village, explore rainforests, Temples and much more on Sri Lanka's West Coast, and enjoy great value for money
- All rooms include a balcony or terrace with either Partial Sea View or Ocean View
- Enjoy Yoga, Snooker, access to 2 Swimming Pools & much more
- Access to the Sahana Spa and leave your daily stress behind with the magical touch of various spa treatments
Enjoy the peace and quite with a good choice of amenities and great location to discover the world of Sri Lanka
- Warm atmosphere and chic design make for a comfortable stay
- Tripadvisor Award Winner with a certificate of excellence for 2015
- Enjoy the amazing traditional and international cuisines presented in tempting Ã la carte menus and buffet style
- price includes free Half Board Upgrade
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
Surrounded by vast paddy fields and exceptional natural beauty, the Kithala Resort is a true tropical haven as one...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....