Centara Ceysands Resort & Spa Sri Lanka wins luxury HICSA Award
The Centara Ceysands Resort & Spa in Sri Lanka has been recognised as the "Best New Hotel of the Year" in the Luxury/Upper Segment, at the 2015 HICSA's "Hotels of the Year Awards." The luxury hotel is located on the Bentota peninsula and has upscale facilities including the oceanfront SPA Cenvaree and a selection of gourmet restaurants.
The Centara Ceysands Resort & Spa Sri Lanka has triumphed in the 2015 HICSA “Hotels of the Year Awards” after scooping the title of as "Best New Hotel of the Year - Luxury/Upper Segment".
The luxury hotel in Sri Lanka, which opened last May, was assessed by a panel of six judges who used a detailed point-based analysis model for each property in the luxury category to reach its final decision.
Sisira Senaratne, the Hotel Manager of Centara Ceysands Resort & Spa, revealed;
"What could have been a more positive endorsement of all of my team's efforts at the Resort than this award? We're all thrilled to have contributed in our different ways to such a successful venture,"
The luxury beachfront resort is located on the Bentota peninsula, with the Bentota River to one side, and the sparkling Indian Ocean on the other. Guests can access the hotel via boat ride across the lagoon and most of the 165 guest rooms and suite boast beautiful views of the beach and ocean, or the river and mangroves.
Facilities at the Centara Ceysands Resort & Spa Sri Lanka include the oceanfront SPA Cenvaree; a swimming pool, Jacuzzi, and children’s pool; a fitness centre, two Kids Clubs, a water sports centre, and an array of gourmet restaurants.
Conveniently situated just a few minutes from Aluthgama railway station, holidaymakers can reach Colombo, the capital of Sri Lanka, by car in less than two hours.
Centara Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel chain in Thailand which offers a range of luxury properties across the country in cities and towns including Bangkok, Pattaya, Koh Pha Ngan, Phuket, Rayong, Chiang Mai, and Krabi, as well as international properties in the Maldives, Himalaya Mountains, and Sokhna on the north coast of the Red Sea.
HICSA “Hotels of the Year Awards” was established by HVS, one of the leading hospitality consulting firms in Asia, in 2009, to acknowledge exceptional new hotel developments in South Asia.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Discover local life in a fishing village, explore rainforests, Temples and much more on Sri Lanka's West Coast, and enjoy great value for money
- All rooms include a balcony or terrace with either Partial Sea View or Ocean View
- Enjoy Yoga, Snooker, access to 2 Swimming Pools & much more
- Access to the Sahana Spa and leave your daily stress behind with the magical touch of various spa treatments
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
The land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a holiday of a lifetime
- Unforgettable experience at Yala Safari
- English speaking chauffer guide during the roundtrip
- Transport in a comfortable vehicle
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...
Surrounded by vast paddy fields and exceptional natural beauty, the Kithala Resort is a true tropical haven as one...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....