Trio of well-known luxury hotels set to open in Egypt
FRHI Hotels & Resorts, which owns the Fairmont, SwissÃ´tel and Raffles hotel brands, is continuing its expansion in Egypt despite the region's recent troubles. Alongside a trio of resorts in the Red Sea city of Sharm el Sheikh, the company will also open a Fairmont hotel in Hurghada and a SwissÃ´tel in Cairo.
The Raffles, Fairmont and Swissôtel hotel brands have announced plans for expansion across Egypt with a combined total of five new properties set to open over the next five years. In a show of confidence in the ability of the Egyptian tourism industry to bounce back, FRHI Hotels & Resorts, which owns all three brands, will open luxury hotels in the Red Sea resorts of Sharm el Sheikh and Hurghada, as well as a new property in the capital of Cairo.
In the Sinai Peninsula resort of Sharm el Sheikh, the luxury hotel developer will build a tri-brand complex featuring the Fairmont, Raffles and Swissôtel properties spread over a huge stretch of coastline fronted by miles of desert and coralline sand beaches. The development includes the largest lagoon swimming pool in the world, acknowledged by Guinness World Records. This vast crystal-blue oasis surrounded by the desert will be a focal point for recreation, swimming and water sports. For golf fans, an 18-hole Colin Montgomerie golf course will be part of the resort.
FRHI Hotels & Resorts also plans to open a Fairmont hotel in Soma Bay, just south of Hurghada, before 2020. The exclusive resort in Soma Bay will have panoramic views spanning the desert, mountains and Red Sea, with the region’s best diving and kite-surfing facilities right on its doorstep. The hotel will be part of a mixed-use development that includes 300 guestrooms and suites, 150 Fairmont branded residences, an all-day dining room, lobby lounge and bar, beach eatery, specialty restaurant and a wellness centre and spa.
The new Swissôtel property in Cairo’s Katameyah district will similarly open before 2020 under the FRHI umbrella. Referred to as the “New Cairo”, Katameyah is a prominent and up-and-coming residential, commercial and lifestyle development with an oasis of greenery in the midst of the desert. The area already includes an upscale retail and entertainment centre, luxury residential towers and a health and wellness centre. The Swissôtel will feature 250 guestrooms, a wide variety of restaurants and lounges, including a specialty restaurant, urban café and lobby lounge, plus the signature Pürovel Spa & Sport, inspired by the Alpine seasons.
FRHI's senior vice president of operations in the Middle East, Africa and India, Sami Nasser, further explained the company's expansion plans;
"The two new signings, as well as the Sharm el Sheikh project, complement our three existing Fairmont hotels in Cairo, which are all prominent landmarks in the city,”
“This increased development activity reinforces our commitment to the destination and our envisioned potential of the market."
Fairmont currently operates several properties in Egypt, including Fairmont Nile City, Fairmont Towers, Heliopolis and Fairmont Heliopolis in Cairo. Its parent company’s distinctive portfolio includes Raffles Singapore and The Savoy in London.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Explore the historical surroundings and have a comfortable stay at Mercure Cairo le Sphinx
- Only 35 kilometres from Cairo's international airport
- Guests can enjoy the swimming pool or benefit from the Jacuzzi and all massage treatments the hotel offers
- Rooftop terrace with a memorable breathtaking views of the pyramids
The ultimate Egyptian backdrop in the shadow of the only remaining ancient wonder of the world.
- Indulge the mind, body and spirit in Indulge spa. Take advantage of the steam room, sauna, whirlpool and chill out zones
- Set in landscaped gardens, equipped with two heated swimming pools and bar, Le Meridien enjoys spectacular views of the Pyramids, just a short drive from Cairo
- World famous dining with international, Mexican and Oriental menus to be savoured
Stay in comfortable cabins with air-conditioning and elegant dining rooms
- Benefit from the fabulous view of karnak, valley of the kingsand the temple of Philae
- Never waste a minute of your holiday with all night entertainment like the belly dancing show and other typical Egyptian performances
- Enjoy the large sun deck with loungers and a swimming pool a massage service is also available on the sundeck
The perfect escape for couples with exclusive added values not to be missed
- Enjoy a number of complimentary added value offers - must be booked by 15th January 2018
- Free room upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Suite
- Free Romantic Dinner for 2 plus a bottle of wine on Arrival
- Free upgrade to private transfers
Now you can stop imagining how it would be to visit the cradle of mankind and paddle along the legendary River Nile and...
Venture to the land of the Pharaohs of yore for an unforgettable eight days of leisure and adventure. Luxor is one of...
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
The popularity of the city of Luxor as one of the treasure troves of historical ruins in Egypt is well known. Grab this...
Experience the thrill of a jaunt to the famous Valley of the Kings as you explore one of Egypt's touristic gems, Luxor....
Enjoying a central location in Luxor, directly on the banks of the Nile and within 10 min walking distance from Luxor...