Trio of well-known luxury hotels set to open in Egypt
FRHI Hotels & Resorts, which owns the Fairmont, SwissÃ´tel and Raffles hotel brands, is continuing its expansion in Egypt despite the region's recent troubles. Alongside a trio of resorts in the Red Sea city of Sharm el Sheikh, the company will also open a Fairmont hotel in Hurghada and a SwissÃ´tel in Cairo.
The Raffles, Fairmont and Swissôtel hotel brands have announced plans for expansion across Egypt with a combined total of five new properties set to open over the next five years. In a show of confidence in the ability of the Egyptian tourism industry to bounce back, FRHI Hotels & Resorts, which owns all three brands, will open luxury hotels in the Red Sea resorts of Sharm el Sheikh and Hurghada, as well as a new property in the capital of Cairo.
In the Sinai Peninsula resort of Sharm el Sheikh, the luxury hotel developer will build a tri-brand complex featuring the Fairmont, Raffles and Swissôtel properties spread over a huge stretch of coastline fronted by miles of desert and coralline sand beaches. The development includes the largest lagoon swimming pool in the world, acknowledged by Guinness World Records. This vast crystal-blue oasis surrounded by the desert will be a focal point for recreation, swimming and water sports. For golf fans, an 18-hole Colin Montgomerie golf course will be part of the resort.
FRHI Hotels & Resorts also plans to open a Fairmont hotel in Soma Bay, just south of Hurghada, before 2020. The exclusive resort in Soma Bay will have panoramic views spanning the desert, mountains and Red Sea, with the region’s best diving and kite-surfing facilities right on its doorstep. The hotel will be part of a mixed-use development that includes 300 guestrooms and suites, 150 Fairmont branded residences, an all-day dining room, lobby lounge and bar, beach eatery, specialty restaurant and a wellness centre and spa.
The new Swissôtel property in Cairo’s Katameyah district will similarly open before 2020 under the FRHI umbrella. Referred to as the “New Cairo”, Katameyah is a prominent and up-and-coming residential, commercial and lifestyle development with an oasis of greenery in the midst of the desert. The area already includes an upscale retail and entertainment centre, luxury residential towers and a health and wellness centre. The Swissôtel will feature 250 guestrooms, a wide variety of restaurants and lounges, including a specialty restaurant, urban café and lobby lounge, plus the signature Pürovel Spa & Sport, inspired by the Alpine seasons.
FRHI's senior vice president of operations in the Middle East, Africa and India, Sami Nasser, further explained the company's expansion plans;
"The two new signings, as well as the Sharm el Sheikh project, complement our three existing Fairmont hotels in Cairo, which are all prominent landmarks in the city,”
“This increased development activity reinforces our commitment to the destination and our envisioned potential of the market."
Fairmont currently operates several properties in Egypt, including Fairmont Nile City, Fairmont Towers, Heliopolis and Fairmont Heliopolis in Cairo. Its parent company’s distinctive portfolio includes Raffles Singapore and The Savoy in London.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
This modern resort offers an ideal location for a family friendly stay close to beautiful sandy beaches
- Just 10 minutes by bus from a lovely stretch of some of the finest sandy beaches
- Dive deep into clear waters of the Red Sea to enjoy colourful coral reefs and explore a variety of fish and marine life
- Sol y Mar Sharks Bay offers a variety of restaurants, a lobby bar & terrace, an Internet cafe and a shuttle bus to the nearby beach
Splash in the Red Sea, marvel at the marine life and enjoy the luxuries at this all suite Red Sea Beach resort
- Enjoy pure luxury at this all suite resort
- Rejuvenate your body and relax your mind in the Beautifully appointed Oberoi Spa
- Voted the No. 1 hotel in Hurghada by Trip Advisor
Relax at Naama Bay with pleasant grounds and wonderful amenities to keep you occupied
- Visitors flock to Pirates, for an eveing drink, before or after sampling some wonderful cuisine in the array of restaurants
- Prime spot in Naama bay, as it was one of the first hotels in the area. The grounds are well tended and mature, with colourful plants and shrubs throughout
- Guest accommodation is discrete, with low rise bungalows dotted throughout the beautiful garden setting. Rooms and suites are light and airy, are tastefully furnished and come with all modern amenities
Enjoy access to 3 protected beaches, close proximity to the trendy strip of Naama Bay and its sizzling nightlife
- There is a myriad of activities on offer from relaxing treatments at the Club Olympus Spa to exciting land and water sports
- Choose from fantastic dining options including seasonal specialities, a charcoal grill, and Thai cuisine
- Adventure seekers can enjoy jeep safaris, quad bikes, mountain treks, and camel expeditions
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Venture into the land of the pyramids and Pharaohs for a holiday you'll never forget. Besides the incredible history of...
Enjoy a week-long stay in the land of the pharaohs by the banks of the legendary River Nile. While in the city of Luxor...
Discover a submarine world filled with life while you enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the Hilton...
Experience utter luxury as you enjoy eight days of uninterrupted R&R along Egypt's Red Sea shores. But apart from sun...