New Legoland Water Park planned for Dubai
A new Legoland Water Park will open in Dubai in 2016, adding to a raft of family attractions already in the pipeline. It will be part of the wider Legoland theme park situated within the Dubai Parks and Resorts development, which is set to become the Middle East's largest multi-themed leisure and entertainment destination when it opens in October next year.
Dubai is set to boost its family holiday appeal next year as a new Legoland Water Park joins a raft of attractions due to open as part of the Dubai Parks and Resorts complex. Adding a new dimension to Legoland Dubai, which is already in development, the water park will feature a huge wave pool, as well as a number of unique interactive aquatic-based games.
Designed for families with children aged two to twelve, the water park is part of the first Legoland in the Middle East constructed from more than 60 million Lego bricks. Alongside water attractions like the half-million gallon wave pool, there will be a “build-a-raft river” where families can design and build their own customised raft and an “imagination station” where children can construct bridges, dams and cities and test their designs against the flow of water.
Visitors can also enjoy more than 40 interactive rides, shows and attractions across the wider Legoland resort, divided into six themed lands including Lego City, Adventure, Lego Kingdom, Lego Create and Lego Factory. Always unique to each Legoland location, Miniland replicates some of the Middle East’s most iconic buildings and landmarks in miniature using Lego bricks.
The new Legoland will join a whole host of attractions at Dubai Parks and Resorts, which is set to become the region's largest multi-themed leisure and entertainment destination when it opens in October 2016. The complex will feature two other theme parks – the movie-themed Motiongate Dubai and Bollywood Parks Dubai – all connected by Riverland Dubai, a unique retail, dining and entertainment walkway. The four-star Hotel Lapita, a Polynesian-themed resort for families, will also form part of the development. It will be strategically located on Sheikh Zayed Road close to the Palm Jebel Ali between Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
Dubai Parks and Resorts CEO, Raed Al Nuaimi said of the new Legoland theme park;.
"We look forward to welcoming families to this immersive and interactive attraction, where children can create, build, and learn while having fun,”
“With the addition of the Legoland Water Park to our existing offering, we will now have a destination that boasts six major parks, which together have over 100 rides and attractions."
There are currently six Legoland resorts in five countries – Denmark, United Kingdom, Germany, USA and Malaysia. In addition to the new park in Dubai, Legoland will soon open in Japan and South Korea too.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Exlusive Free Half Board upgrade (book by 11 November 2017)!!!
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
Capture the wonder of India before an amazing chance to visit Dubai
- Take advantage of the personal training and sports lessons at the Hyatt Regency
- Experience a typically Indian meal with a Rajasthani Family
- Explore the City palace in Jaipur
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Discover the beauty of Mauritius and the buzz of Dubai
- Exclusive Added Values in Mauritius: Dinner on the beach for two with fresh fruits on arrival in the room (book by 20 December)
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most marvellous parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages.
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
India is one of the most exciting and rewarding travel destination in the world. From the colourful and vibrant cities...
Enjoy a stunning view on the east coast of Mauritius. This 4-star resort combines natural beauty and contemporary...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...