New Legoland Water Park planned for Dubai
A new Legoland Water Park will open in Dubai in 2016, adding to a raft of family attractions already in the pipeline. It will be part of the wider Legoland theme park situated within the Dubai Parks and Resorts development, which is set to become the Middle East's largest multi-themed leisure and entertainment destination when it opens in October next year.
Dubai is set to boost its family holiday appeal next year as a new Legoland Water Park joins a raft of attractions due to open as part of the Dubai Parks and Resorts complex. Adding a new dimension to Legoland Dubai, which is already in development, the water park will feature a huge wave pool, as well as a number of unique interactive aquatic-based games.
Designed for families with children aged two to twelve, the water park is part of the first Legoland in the Middle East constructed from more than 60 million Lego bricks. Alongside water attractions like the half-million gallon wave pool, there will be a “build-a-raft river” where families can design and build their own customised raft and an “imagination station” where children can construct bridges, dams and cities and test their designs against the flow of water.
Visitors can also enjoy more than 40 interactive rides, shows and attractions across the wider Legoland resort, divided into six themed lands including Lego City, Adventure, Lego Kingdom, Lego Create and Lego Factory. Always unique to each Legoland location, Miniland replicates some of the Middle East’s most iconic buildings and landmarks in miniature using Lego bricks.
The new Legoland will join a whole host of attractions at Dubai Parks and Resorts, which is set to become the region's largest multi-themed leisure and entertainment destination when it opens in October 2016. The complex will feature two other theme parks – the movie-themed Motiongate Dubai and Bollywood Parks Dubai – all connected by Riverland Dubai, a unique retail, dining and entertainment walkway. The four-star Hotel Lapita, a Polynesian-themed resort for families, will also form part of the development. It will be strategically located on Sheikh Zayed Road close to the Palm Jebel Ali between Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
Dubai Parks and Resorts CEO, Raed Al Nuaimi said of the new Legoland theme park;.
"We look forward to welcoming families to this immersive and interactive attraction, where children can create, build, and learn while having fun,”
“With the addition of the Legoland Water Park to our existing offering, we will now have a destination that boasts six major parks, which together have over 100 rides and attractions."
There are currently six Legoland resorts in five countries – Denmark, United Kingdom, Germany, USA and Malaysia. In addition to the new park in Dubai, Legoland will soon open in Japan and South Korea too.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
- 300 AED SPA credit per person per stay for the hotel SPA
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
Relax and enjoy your stay at this five-star resort excellent choice for families
- Enjoy many additional complimentary benefits when staying in the newly refurbished superior rooms
- First child stay free on bed and breakfast up to the age of 14 when sharing with parents
- Amazing choice of award winning restaurants and bars
With over 20 restaurants and bars, you will be amazed by the variety of fine fare on offer to enhance your holiday.
- Complimentary services include a 1-2 hour scuba diving session
- Free Half Board on selected dates
- Venture next door with complimentary access to the Wild Wadi Water Park to cool yourself from the summer sun
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...