New Legoland Water Park planned for Dubai
A new Legoland Water Park will open in Dubai in 2016, adding to a raft of family attractions already in the pipeline. It will be part of the wider Legoland theme park situated within the Dubai Parks and Resorts development, which is set to become the Middle East's largest multi-themed leisure and entertainment destination when it opens in October next year.
Dubai is set to boost its family holiday appeal next year as a new Legoland Water Park joins a raft of attractions due to open as part of the Dubai Parks and Resorts complex. Adding a new dimension to Legoland Dubai, which is already in development, the water park will feature a huge wave pool, as well as a number of unique interactive aquatic-based games.
Designed for families with children aged two to twelve, the water park is part of the first Legoland in the Middle East constructed from more than 60 million Lego bricks. Alongside water attractions like the half-million gallon wave pool, there will be a “build-a-raft river” where families can design and build their own customised raft and an “imagination station” where children can construct bridges, dams and cities and test their designs against the flow of water.
Visitors can also enjoy more than 40 interactive rides, shows and attractions across the wider Legoland resort, divided into six themed lands including Lego City, Adventure, Lego Kingdom, Lego Create and Lego Factory. Always unique to each Legoland location, Miniland replicates some of the Middle East’s most iconic buildings and landmarks in miniature using Lego bricks.
The new Legoland will join a whole host of attractions at Dubai Parks and Resorts, which is set to become the region's largest multi-themed leisure and entertainment destination when it opens in October 2016. The complex will feature two other theme parks – the movie-themed Motiongate Dubai and Bollywood Parks Dubai – all connected by Riverland Dubai, a unique retail, dining and entertainment walkway. The four-star Hotel Lapita, a Polynesian-themed resort for families, will also form part of the development. It will be strategically located on Sheikh Zayed Road close to the Palm Jebel Ali between Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
Dubai Parks and Resorts CEO, Raed Al Nuaimi said of the new Legoland theme park;.
"We look forward to welcoming families to this immersive and interactive attraction, where children can create, build, and learn while having fun,”
“With the addition of the Legoland Water Park to our existing offering, we will now have a destination that boasts six major parks, which together have over 100 rides and attractions."
There are currently six Legoland resorts in five countries – Denmark, United Kingdom, Germany, USA and Malaysia. In addition to the new park in Dubai, Legoland will soon open in Japan and South Korea too.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Immerse yourself in Ottoman-style opulence in the famous Palm Jumeirah during your stay at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray
Perfection is synonymous with the Zabeel Saray on Dubai's Palm Island, where you will find that the decadence of the Ottoman Empire has been perfectly recaptured
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...
Dubai has emerged as a top tourist destination for travellers across the globe. The city of Dubai in UAE reflects the...