New Radisson Red hotel brand to debut in Cape Town
New upscale hotel brand Radisson Red will debut in South Africa's Cape Town late next year. The 235-room flagship hotel will open in the trendy V&A Waterfront that includes the soon-to-be-opened Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa.
The Radisson Red Hotel V&A Waterfront, Cape Town, South Africa, due to open in 2016, will be the first of a new brand of upscale hotels launching in Africa, Europe and the Middle East. Part of the Carlson Rezidor group, which also manages the well-known Radisson Blu brand, the hotel will have a prime position in one of Africa’s most-visited cultural and historic hubs overlooking a natural harbour.
The hotel will offer 235 guestrooms ranging from studios to ‘studio sweets’ as well as a couple of relaxed bar-eateries serving up taster plates, bottled cocktails, wine and beer 24 hours a day. With flexible, functional guest rooms, paperless check-in, and its 24/7 deli & bar, Radisson Red hopes to highlight a new hotel philosophy. Up on the rooftop, there’s also a swimming pool, garden terrace and bar taking advantage of the excellent views of Table Mountain and the harbourside.
Situated in the popular V&A Waterfront, the Radisson Red will offer direct access to its cosmopolitan mix of shopping, arts, historic landmarks and entertainment. It will form part of the new Silo District that will also be home to the Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa (MOCAA). Designed by Thomas Heatherwick of London’s Heatherwick Studio, responsible for the 2012 Olympic torch and new London buses, the museum is scheduled to open in late 2016. Art connoisseurs are already placing MOCAA in the same category as the Metropolitan Museum in New York.
Carlson Rezidor’s President and CEO Wolfgang M. Neumann revealed;
"Following the recent Carlson Rezidor signing of the Radisson Red Shenyang Hunan in China, we are now delighted to announce the first Radisson Red in EMEA in a location as prominent as the V&A Waterfront. Radisson Red is inspired by the trends of the highly connected, high-octane and design savvy millennial lifestyle."
The signing strengthens Carlson Rezidor’s presence in Cape Town where the group now operates five hotels including Radisson Blu and Park Inn by Radisson. The company currently has 30 hotels in the pipeline in Africa alone.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In South Africa Browse all
Unique experience to discover the beautiful nature of South Africa and the dynamic life of Dubai
- More than ten different Food and Beverage Outlets for your choice at Hyatt Regency Dubai
- extraordinary South Africa tour gives you the flexibility to discover the beauty of this amazing country at your own speed
- Your hotel in Dubai enjoys a fantastic locaiton in the heart of the historic Deira within walking distance to the gold souks
Best of Cape Town, Garden Route & Safari tour is your perfect choice to find out about the country, its history and culture.
- Your journey includes 3 exciting game drives to spot Africa's "Big Five": lion, elephant, buffalo, leopard and rhinoceros
- Highlights includes: Cape Town Garden Route seeing the Cango Caves and the Swartberg Mountain, safari game drives, The Winelands, Monkeyland, Knysna Forest and more
- Excellent services included in the tour: 10 days Toyoto Corolla Car rental with GPS and additional driver option
Relaxing and unforgetable experince with 11 nights tour including an excellent range of facilities
- Experience the fruitful lifestyle of the Cape Region
- Discover the spectacular landscapes of the Kruger region
- Travel to Karongwe Private Game Reserve to get exclusive access, day and night, to a wide range of animals including the "Big Five"
With dramatic landscapes, wildlife galore and diverse cultures, South Africa provides the most thrilling and unique escape from everyday life.
- Explore the sights of South Africa, including Drakensberg Mountains, the Kapama Game Reserve, Hazyview town, fruit orchards, Shangana, the Kruger National Park, the Cape Winelands, Stellenbosch, Franschhoek, Cape Town, the peninsula and Simon’s town.
- Enjoy nonstop activities to suit every taste. Try nature walks, safari trips, a bush walk, cultural activities, river rafting, tubing, abseiling, zip lining, aerial cable trails, quad biking, elephant interactions and horseback safaris and much more.
- Stay at a comfortable and homely array of hotels and lodges including: the Iketla Lodge; the Kapama River Lodge; the Rissington Inn Guest House; the L’Avenir Country Lodge and the Cape Milner Hotel.
Tour Summary South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic combinations of...
Overview South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
HIGHLIGHTS TOUR SAFARI, WINELANDS & CAPE TOWN South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place...
Nestled upon the St Lucia Estuary, the elephant lake hotel is surrounded by natural beauty and offers a thrilling array...
Sprinkled alongside the tranquil waterways of the picturesque V&A Waterfront Marina, The waterfront village boasts a...
Surrounded by more than 8,000 hectares of malaria free, unspoiled African bushveld, the affordable, laidback and...