New Radisson Red hotel brand to debut in Cape Town
New upscale hotel brand Radisson Red will debut in South Africa's Cape Town late next year. The 235-room flagship hotel will open in the trendy V&A Waterfront that includes the soon-to-be-opened Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa.
The Radisson Red Hotel V&A Waterfront, Cape Town, South Africa, due to open in 2016, will be the first of a new brand of upscale hotels launching in Africa, Europe and the Middle East. Part of the Carlson Rezidor group, which also manages the well-known Radisson Blu brand, the hotel will have a prime position in one of Africa’s most-visited cultural and historic hubs overlooking a natural harbour.
The hotel will offer 235 guestrooms ranging from studios to ‘studio sweets’ as well as a couple of relaxed bar-eateries serving up taster plates, bottled cocktails, wine and beer 24 hours a day. With flexible, functional guest rooms, paperless check-in, and its 24/7 deli & bar, Radisson Red hopes to highlight a new hotel philosophy. Up on the rooftop, there’s also a swimming pool, garden terrace and bar taking advantage of the excellent views of Table Mountain and the harbourside.
Situated in the popular V&A Waterfront, the Radisson Red will offer direct access to its cosmopolitan mix of shopping, arts, historic landmarks and entertainment. It will form part of the new Silo District that will also be home to the Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa (MOCAA). Designed by Thomas Heatherwick of London’s Heatherwick Studio, responsible for the 2012 Olympic torch and new London buses, the museum is scheduled to open in late 2016. Art connoisseurs are already placing MOCAA in the same category as the Metropolitan Museum in New York.
Carlson Rezidor’s President and CEO Wolfgang M. Neumann revealed;
"Following the recent Carlson Rezidor signing of the Radisson Red Shenyang Hunan in China, we are now delighted to announce the first Radisson Red in EMEA in a location as prominent as the V&A Waterfront. Radisson Red is inspired by the trends of the highly connected, high-octane and design savvy millennial lifestyle."
The signing strengthens Carlson Rezidor’s presence in Cape Town where the group now operates five hotels including Radisson Blu and Park Inn by Radisson. The company currently has 30 hotels in the pipeline in Africa alone.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In South Africa Browse all
Travel through the wonderful winelands region of South Africa before a short stay in a fully-equipped Dubai city hotel
- Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha is set in Dubai's Al Barsha area, close to world-class shops, restaurants and popular Dubai attractions, just behind the Mall of The Emirates.
- Rental car included for the tour of South Africa
- Travel through the Winelands and Cape Peninsula in one of the most beautiful areas of the world
Relaxing and unforgetable experince with 11 nights tour including an excellent range of facilities
- Experience the fruitful lifestyle of the Cape Region
- Discover the spectacular landscapes of the Kruger region
- Travel to Karongwe Private Game Reserve to get exclusive access, day and night, to a wide range of animals including the "Big Five"
Be amazed by this once in a lifetime nature experience at the Isimangaliso Wetland Park
- Take advantage of this once in a lifetime experience, giving you memories that you'll cherish forever!
- Experience the magestic views and stunning wildlife up close
- Benefit from the local expert knowledge, giving you the best posible experience of the local wildlife
Treat yourself to a wold look at South Africa and a luxury stay in Mauritius
- Near to Fisherman’s Cove, part of an unspoilt and authentic area of the island
- visit some of the oldest caves in the world - the Echo Caves - which have been declared a Historical Monument.
- The Lowveld, also referred to as “Big Game Country”, is the setting for dozens of game reserves teeming with wildlife and birds
Tour Summary South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
Overview South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
HIGHLIGHTS TOUR SAFARI, WINELANDS & CAPE TOWN South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place...
Nestled upon the St Lucia Estuary, the elephant lake hotel is surrounded by natural beauty and offers a thrilling array...
Surrounded by more than 8,000 hectares of malaria free, unspoiled African bushveld, the affordable, laidback and...
Sprinkled alongside the tranquil waterways of the picturesque V&A Waterfront Marina, The waterfront village boasts a...