New Radisson Red hotel brand to debut in Cape Town
New upscale hotel brand Radisson Red will debut in South Africa's Cape Town late next year. The 235-room flagship hotel will open in the trendy V&A Waterfront that includes the soon-to-be-opened Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa.
The Radisson Red Hotel V&A Waterfront, Cape Town, South Africa, due to open in 2016, will be the first of a new brand of upscale hotels launching in Africa, Europe and the Middle East. Part of the Carlson Rezidor group, which also manages the well-known Radisson Blu brand, the hotel will have a prime position in one of Africa’s most-visited cultural and historic hubs overlooking a natural harbour.
The hotel will offer 235 guestrooms ranging from studios to ‘studio sweets’ as well as a couple of relaxed bar-eateries serving up taster plates, bottled cocktails, wine and beer 24 hours a day. With flexible, functional guest rooms, paperless check-in, and its 24/7 deli & bar, Radisson Red hopes to highlight a new hotel philosophy. Up on the rooftop, there’s also a swimming pool, garden terrace and bar taking advantage of the excellent views of Table Mountain and the harbourside.
Situated in the popular V&A Waterfront, the Radisson Red will offer direct access to its cosmopolitan mix of shopping, arts, historic landmarks and entertainment. It will form part of the new Silo District that will also be home to the Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa (MOCAA). Designed by Thomas Heatherwick of London’s Heatherwick Studio, responsible for the 2012 Olympic torch and new London buses, the museum is scheduled to open in late 2016. Art connoisseurs are already placing MOCAA in the same category as the Metropolitan Museum in New York.
Carlson Rezidor’s President and CEO Wolfgang M. Neumann revealed;
"Following the recent Carlson Rezidor signing of the Radisson Red Shenyang Hunan in China, we are now delighted to announce the first Radisson Red in EMEA in a location as prominent as the V&A Waterfront. Radisson Red is inspired by the trends of the highly connected, high-octane and design savvy millennial lifestyle."
The signing strengthens Carlson Rezidor’s presence in Cape Town where the group now operates five hotels including Radisson Blu and Park Inn by Radisson. The company currently has 30 hotels in the pipeline in Africa alone.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In South Africa Browse all
Soak up the natural splendour of the South African Bushveld on an exhilarating adventure, you’ll remember for a lifetime.
Experience the Bushveld in affordable, laidback comfort at the Hannah Game Lodge.
- The Comfortable thatched roof chalet accommodation oozing with South African charm.
- Enjoy activities galore including mountain trails, waterfalls, high ropes and low ropes, sable spotting, bush walks, game drives, archery
- The private nature reserve location
Enjoy a stay within Cape Town's historical city centre for an intriguing South African adventure.
- The Modern and elegant interior design creates a comfortable atmosphere within which to unwind.
- Relish views of Table Mountain, the Dutch East India Company Gardens and Lion's Head.
- The Cape Town historical city centre location provides easy access to Cape Town's major attractions, including Bohemian markets, 18th century buildings, museums, art galleries and quaint squares.
Go for the experience of lifetime on this self-driven Kruger route - a classical tour that offers something for everyone with magical views along the way.
- The package includes accommodation in carefully selected 4* properties, meals as well as car hire including a GPS during your entire journey
- The tour is 7 nights and 8 days long with insights into the history of South Africa, cultural diversity, adventure, scenic beauty and unforgettable safaris
- Enjoy 4 game drives including morning and afternoon safaris to see elephants, leopards, lions, rhinos, cheetahs, hippos and many more animals
Explore the natural landscapes and wildlife that South Africa has to offer, before experiencing the Paradise of Seychelles.
- Have the time of your life, combining the best of both worlds!
- The resort is set between a turquoise lagoon and verdant green hills, beside its own bay of white sands. The resort is on the west coast of Mahe, just 35 minutes from the international airport.
- 5 days self drive tour in South Africa
Tour Summary South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
Overview South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
HIGHLIGHTS TOUR SAFARI, WINELANDS & CAPE TOWN South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place...
Nestled upon the St Lucia Estuary, the elephant lake hotel is surrounded by natural beauty and offers a thrilling array...
Sprinkled alongside the tranquil waterways of the picturesque V&A Waterfront Marina, The waterfront village boasts a...
Surrounded by more than 8,000 hectares of malaria free, unspoiled African bushveld, the affordable, laidback and...