Accor to manage two new luxury resorts in the Maldives
Accor will manage two brand new hotels that are being developed by Pristine Island Investments in the Gaafu Alifu Atoll in the Maldives. The 68-villa Mercure Maldives Kooddoo Resort and 120-room Pullman Maldives Maamutaa Resort will open in 2016 and 2018 respectively and will cater for tourists seeking luxury, tranquil breaks.
Accor has announced that it will manage two brand new resorts in the Maldives that are being developed by Pristine Island Investments.
Located in the Gaafu Alifu Atoll in the south of the Maldives, the hotels will be branded by Mercure and Pullman, both of whom will be making their debut in the country.
Michael Issenberg, the Chairman and CEO of Accor Asia Pacific, explained:
"We are thrilled to announce our first two hotels in the Maldives at a time when the region is enjoying excellent growth, especially with travellers from Asia Pacific.
"The Mercure and Pullman resorts will provide great options for travellers looking for world-class accommodation in the middle of this unspoilt lagoon and we look forward to working with Pristine to bring these exciting projects to fruition."
Opening in 2016, the 68-villa Mercure Maldives Kooddoo Resort will be accessible by plane, and the luxury hotel will feature will offer over-water units, plus facilities including a restaurant, lounge, pool with bar, a luxury spa, a fitness centre, and a scuba diving centre.
The Pullman Maldives Maamutaa Resort will open in 2018 and will be situated on a private island, and will have 120 over-water and beach villas. Guests will have access to two swimming pools, a stylish lounge, two gourmet restaurants, bar, spa, fitness centre, tennis courts, kids' club, and a water sports and scuba diving centre.
Situated in the Indian Ocean, the Maldives is an archipelago spanning nearly 1,200 stunning coral islands, of which 200 are inhabited.
During luxury holidays, holidaymakers can take part in a wide range of activities such as snorkelling, scuba diving, boat excursions, hikes through lush tropical forests, and relaxing on powder-soft, white sandy beaches fringed with swaying palm trees and turquoise ocean waters.
The idyllic islands are home to some of the world's most luxurious beachfront resorts and it is a popular destination for weddings and honeymoons.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Benifit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters also featuring private sun decks
- The Main Restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western fare
- Easy acces to capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Bask in the crystal waters of the Indian Ocean with this stunning Maldivian hideaway
- Explore the local reef with an expert guide
- Experience the true Maldivian way of life with a local family
- Indulge your senses with serene tranquillity at the Spa
Standing out as a precious gem, the Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi is a great Maldivian holiday spot for any kind of...
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...