Accor to manage two new luxury resorts in the Maldives
Accor will manage two brand new hotels that are being developed by Pristine Island Investments in the Gaafu Alifu Atoll in the Maldives. The 68-villa Mercure Maldives Kooddoo Resort and 120-room Pullman Maldives Maamutaa Resort will open in 2016 and 2018 respectively and will cater for tourists seeking luxury, tranquil breaks.
Accor has announced that it will manage two brand new resorts in the Maldives that are being developed by Pristine Island Investments.
Located in the Gaafu Alifu Atoll in the south of the Maldives, the hotels will be branded by Mercure and Pullman, both of whom will be making their debut in the country.
Michael Issenberg, the Chairman and CEO of Accor Asia Pacific, explained:
"We are thrilled to announce our first two hotels in the Maldives at a time when the region is enjoying excellent growth, especially with travellers from Asia Pacific.
"The Mercure and Pullman resorts will provide great options for travellers looking for world-class accommodation in the middle of this unspoilt lagoon and we look forward to working with Pristine to bring these exciting projects to fruition."
Opening in 2016, the 68-villa Mercure Maldives Kooddoo Resort will be accessible by plane, and the luxury hotel will feature will offer over-water units, plus facilities including a restaurant, lounge, pool with bar, a luxury spa, a fitness centre, and a scuba diving centre.
The Pullman Maldives Maamutaa Resort will open in 2018 and will be situated on a private island, and will have 120 over-water and beach villas. Guests will have access to two swimming pools, a stylish lounge, two gourmet restaurants, bar, spa, fitness centre, tennis courts, kids' club, and a water sports and scuba diving centre.
Situated in the Indian Ocean, the Maldives is an archipelago spanning nearly 1,200 stunning coral islands, of which 200 are inhabited.
During luxury holidays, holidaymakers can take part in a wide range of activities such as snorkelling, scuba diving, boat excursions, hikes through lush tropical forests, and relaxing on powder-soft, white sandy beaches fringed with swaying palm trees and turquoise ocean waters.
The idyllic islands are home to some of the world's most luxurious beachfront resorts and it is a popular destination for weddings and honeymoons.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream with the added royal treatment
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Take your pick from 7 exquisite restaurants and 6 lively bars
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on a secluded private island of Dhuni Kolhu, the hotel is a tropical paradise with white sandy beaches and...
True Maldivian style comes to the fore at Reethi Beach Resort, situated on the tiny Baa Atoll. The PADI 5-star Dive...