Six Melia Hotels in Cuba nominated for 2015 World Travel Awards
Six hotels in Cuba have been nominated in the prestigious 2015 World Travel Awards. All of the hotels are managed by the Melia International Group and they are nominated in three categories including the Best Hotel of Cuba, Best Resort, and Best Spa in the annual awards which are hailed as the "Oscars of the travel industry".
Six Cuban hotels have been nominated for this years prestigious World Travel Awards in three categories.
All of the hotels in Cuba are managed by the Melia International Group, according to Cubatravel, the website of the Cuban Tourism Ministry.
Paradisus Varadero and Paradisus Princesa del Mar in Varadero; Paradisus Rio de Oro, in the western Holguin province; Melia Cohiba in Havana; Melia Las Dunas in Santa Maria Key in the central Villa Clara province; and the Melia Cayo Coco in central Ciego de Avila have all been nominated in categories including the Best Hotel of Cuba, Best Resort, and Best Spa.
Hailed as the "Oscars of the travel industry" by the global media, the World Travel Awards honour the destinations, hotels and organisations that have largely contributed to the world's travel, tourism and hospitality sector over the past 12 months. The WTA are run by the Wall Street Journal and were established 22 years ago.
More than half a million travel industry professionals and direct customers from approximately 170 countries participate in the annual awards and regional ceremonies take place throughout the year in major destinations across the world before the grand final in autumn.
Melia Hotels International operates 350 hotels in 35 countries across the world under its brands: Melia, Gran Melia, ME by Melia, Paradisus, Innside by Melia, TRYP by Wyndham, Sol Hotels and Club Melia.
The hotel group operates 26 hotels in Cuba in popular destinations including Havana, Varadero, Cayo Largo, Cayo Coco, Holguin, and the Jardines del Rey.
Cuba is an island nation located in the Caribbean Sea, south of the Bahamas, which is home to a myriad of beautiful landscapes and sites for international visitors to enjoy. Tourists can enjoy miles of pristine beaches, turquoise ocean waters, the second largest coral reef in the world, historic towns and cities, ancient ruins, thriving national parks, and a tropical climate.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- Stay in a Sea View Room in Havana for all three nights for an extra £20 per person
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Fly premium-economy class from an extra £199 per person, each way
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
This all-inclusive resort plays host to one of the finest white sandy beaches in the world. The luscious coral reef is...