Six Melia Hotels in Cuba nominated for 2015 World Travel Awards
Six hotels in Cuba have been nominated in the prestigious 2015 World Travel Awards. All of the hotels are managed by the Melia International Group and they are nominated in three categories including the Best Hotel of Cuba, Best Resort, and Best Spa in the annual awards which are hailed as the "Oscars of the travel industry".
Six Cuban hotels have been nominated for this years prestigious World Travel Awards in three categories.
All of the hotels in Cuba are managed by the Melia International Group, according to Cubatravel, the website of the Cuban Tourism Ministry.
Paradisus Varadero and Paradisus Princesa del Mar in Varadero; Paradisus Rio de Oro, in the western Holguin province; Melia Cohiba in Havana; Melia Las Dunas in Santa Maria Key in the central Villa Clara province; and the Melia Cayo Coco in central Ciego de Avila have all been nominated in categories including the Best Hotel of Cuba, Best Resort, and Best Spa.
Hailed as the "Oscars of the travel industry" by the global media, the World Travel Awards honour the destinations, hotels and organisations that have largely contributed to the world's travel, tourism and hospitality sector over the past 12 months. The WTA are run by the Wall Street Journal and were established 22 years ago.
More than half a million travel industry professionals and direct customers from approximately 170 countries participate in the annual awards and regional ceremonies take place throughout the year in major destinations across the world before the grand final in autumn.
Melia Hotels International operates 350 hotels in 35 countries across the world under its brands: Melia, Gran Melia, ME by Melia, Paradisus, Innside by Melia, TRYP by Wyndham, Sol Hotels and Club Melia.
The hotel group operates 26 hotels in Cuba in popular destinations including Havana, Varadero, Cayo Largo, Cayo Coco, Holguin, and the Jardines del Rey.
Cuba is an island nation located in the Caribbean Sea, south of the Bahamas, which is home to a myriad of beautiful landscapes and sites for international visitors to enjoy. Tourists can enjoy miles of pristine beaches, turquoise ocean waters, the second largest coral reef in the world, historic towns and cities, ancient ruins, thriving national parks, and a tropical climate.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...