Six Melia Hotels in Cuba nominated for 2015 World Travel Awards
Six hotels in Cuba have been nominated in the prestigious 2015 World Travel Awards. All of the hotels are managed by the Melia International Group and they are nominated in three categories including the Best Hotel of Cuba, Best Resort, and Best Spa in the annual awards which are hailed as the "Oscars of the travel industry".
Six Cuban hotels have been nominated for this years prestigious World Travel Awards in three categories.
All of the hotels in Cuba are managed by the Melia International Group, according to Cubatravel, the website of the Cuban Tourism Ministry.
Paradisus Varadero and Paradisus Princesa del Mar in Varadero; Paradisus Rio de Oro, in the western Holguin province; Melia Cohiba in Havana; Melia Las Dunas in Santa Maria Key in the central Villa Clara province; and the Melia Cayo Coco in central Ciego de Avila have all been nominated in categories including the Best Hotel of Cuba, Best Resort, and Best Spa.
Hailed as the "Oscars of the travel industry" by the global media, the World Travel Awards honour the destinations, hotels and organisations that have largely contributed to the world's travel, tourism and hospitality sector over the past 12 months. The WTA are run by the Wall Street Journal and were established 22 years ago.
More than half a million travel industry professionals and direct customers from approximately 170 countries participate in the annual awards and regional ceremonies take place throughout the year in major destinations across the world before the grand final in autumn.
Melia Hotels International operates 350 hotels in 35 countries across the world under its brands: Melia, Gran Melia, ME by Melia, Paradisus, Innside by Melia, TRYP by Wyndham, Sol Hotels and Club Melia.
The hotel group operates 26 hotels in Cuba in popular destinations including Havana, Varadero, Cayo Largo, Cayo Coco, Holguin, and the Jardines del Rey.
Cuba is an island nation located in the Caribbean Sea, south of the Bahamas, which is home to a myriad of beautiful landscapes and sites for international visitors to enjoy. Tourists can enjoy miles of pristine beaches, turquoise ocean waters, the second largest coral reef in the world, historic towns and cities, ancient ruins, thriving national parks, and a tropical climate.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 18th Oct
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...