Six Melia Hotels in Cuba nominated for 2015 World Travel Awards
Six hotels in Cuba have been nominated in the prestigious 2015 World Travel Awards. All of the hotels are managed by the Melia International Group and they are nominated in three categories including the Best Hotel of Cuba, Best Resort, and Best Spa in the annual awards which are hailed as the "Oscars of the travel industry".
Six Cuban hotels have been nominated for this years prestigious World Travel Awards in three categories.
All of the hotels in Cuba are managed by the Melia International Group, according to Cubatravel, the website of the Cuban Tourism Ministry.
Paradisus Varadero and Paradisus Princesa del Mar in Varadero; Paradisus Rio de Oro, in the western Holguin province; Melia Cohiba in Havana; Melia Las Dunas in Santa Maria Key in the central Villa Clara province; and the Melia Cayo Coco in central Ciego de Avila have all been nominated in categories including the Best Hotel of Cuba, Best Resort, and Best Spa.
Hailed as the "Oscars of the travel industry" by the global media, the World Travel Awards honour the destinations, hotels and organisations that have largely contributed to the world's travel, tourism and hospitality sector over the past 12 months. The WTA are run by the Wall Street Journal and were established 22 years ago.
More than half a million travel industry professionals and direct customers from approximately 170 countries participate in the annual awards and regional ceremonies take place throughout the year in major destinations across the world before the grand final in autumn.
Melia Hotels International operates 350 hotels in 35 countries across the world under its brands: Melia, Gran Melia, ME by Melia, Paradisus, Innside by Melia, TRYP by Wyndham, Sol Hotels and Club Melia.
The hotel group operates 26 hotels in Cuba in popular destinations including Havana, Varadero, Cayo Largo, Cayo Coco, Holguin, and the Jardines del Rey.
Cuba is an island nation located in the Caribbean Sea, south of the Bahamas, which is home to a myriad of beautiful landscapes and sites for international visitors to enjoy. Tourists can enjoy miles of pristine beaches, turquoise ocean waters, the second largest coral reef in the world, historic towns and cities, ancient ruins, thriving national parks, and a tropical climate.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...