Six Melia Hotels in Cuba nominated for 2015 World Travel Awards
Six hotels in Cuba have been nominated in the prestigious 2015 World Travel Awards. All of the hotels are managed by the Melia International Group and they are nominated in three categories including the Best Hotel of Cuba, Best Resort, and Best Spa in the annual awards which are hailed as the "Oscars of the travel industry".
Six Cuban hotels have been nominated for this years prestigious World Travel Awards in three categories.
All of the hotels in Cuba are managed by the Melia International Group, according to Cubatravel, the website of the Cuban Tourism Ministry.
Paradisus Varadero and Paradisus Princesa del Mar in Varadero; Paradisus Rio de Oro, in the western Holguin province; Melia Cohiba in Havana; Melia Las Dunas in Santa Maria Key in the central Villa Clara province; and the Melia Cayo Coco in central Ciego de Avila have all been nominated in categories including the Best Hotel of Cuba, Best Resort, and Best Spa.
Hailed as the "Oscars of the travel industry" by the global media, the World Travel Awards honour the destinations, hotels and organisations that have largely contributed to the world's travel, tourism and hospitality sector over the past 12 months. The WTA are run by the Wall Street Journal and were established 22 years ago.
More than half a million travel industry professionals and direct customers from approximately 170 countries participate in the annual awards and regional ceremonies take place throughout the year in major destinations across the world before the grand final in autumn.
Melia Hotels International operates 350 hotels in 35 countries across the world under its brands: Melia, Gran Melia, ME by Melia, Paradisus, Innside by Melia, TRYP by Wyndham, Sol Hotels and Club Melia.
The hotel group operates 26 hotels in Cuba in popular destinations including Havana, Varadero, Cayo Largo, Cayo Coco, Holguin, and the Jardines del Rey.
Cuba is an island nation located in the Caribbean Sea, south of the Bahamas, which is home to a myriad of beautiful landscapes and sites for international visitors to enjoy. Tourists can enjoy miles of pristine beaches, turquoise ocean waters, the second largest coral reef in the world, historic towns and cities, ancient ruins, thriving national parks, and a tropical climate.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands for an amazing price!
- The all-inclusive plan features 1 buffet restaurant, 2 A la carte, 3 snack bars and 3 bars.
- The Location on one of Varadero's best virgin beaches.
- Enjoy varied entertainment, including water sports, beach volleyball, tennis, evening performances and more.
Escape to the simply stunning warm waters of Varadero beach
- Enjoy an all-inclusive deal offering Italian and Cuban cuisines, 7 bars and a disco.
- Unwind with a massage or in the Jacuzzi and relish the relaxed, adults-only ambience.
- Enjoy a wide range of activities, including watersports, tennis, dance lessons and entertainment.
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Enjoy a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates upon arrival guaranteed for couples at Melia Habana Hotel and a romantic dinner for two in Havana
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...