Sunwing officially opens Grand Memories Varadero in Cuba
The tour operator Sunwing has announced the official opening of the Grand Memories Varadero resort in Cuba. This is the first hotel in the Memories chain to offer the "Grand" title and the property will have 1,110 guest rooms and suites with an adults-only section by the beach while the family-friendly section offers pools, restaurants, and activities that cater for all ages.
Sunwing has announced the official opening of the Grand Memories Varadero resort in the Caribbean island of Cuba.
The new hotel comes as the tour operator continues a major expansion push in Cuba through its Blue Diamond Hotels and Resorts company.
The luxury beachfront resort is the first under the Memories brand to carry the "Grand" name and it will offer 1,110 guest rooms and suites for couples, friends, and families.
Grand Memories Varadero will have an adults-only section by the beach that will offer a private clubhouse, cigar pool, exclusive swimming pool and adults-only restaurant.
The all inclusive resort also has a family-friendly section with a children's play area with supervised activities and games, a multi-sports court, tennis courts, a children's swimming pool, and plenty of buffet restaurants, snack bars and lounges.
Varadero Beach is located in the province of Matanzas on the Hicacos Peninsula on the north coast of Cuba. The tropical region is one of the most popular tourist destinations with more than 20km of pristine white sand beaches and several luxury beachfront hotels.
The area is home to stunning natural landscapes such as the Bellamar Caves and idyllic virgin cays and travellers can go scuba diving and snorkelling in the azure crystal-clear waters; go sailing and deep sea fishing; play golf against the backdrop of the sparkling ocean; or take excursions to explore Cardenas City.
The coastal resort is a great place for family holidays due to its array of museums, pristine beaches, and parks and fun attractions including the Delfinario, a natural pool for dolphins.
Cuba is an island nation situated in the Caribbean Sea, east of Mexico and south of the United States. The communist country is rich in political history and boasts some of the world's most breathtaking natural landscapes as well as the world's second largest barrier reef.
Blue Diamond Hotels and Resorts operates several all inclusive resorts across the Caribbean and Latin America under "Memories Beach Resorts" and "Royalton Luxury Resorts" brands.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...