Sunwing officially opens Grand Memories Varadero in Cuba
The tour operator Sunwing has announced the official opening of the Grand Memories Varadero resort in Cuba. This is the first hotel in the Memories chain to offer the "Grand" title and the property will have 1,110 guest rooms and suites with an adults-only section by the beach while the family-friendly section offers pools, restaurants, and activities that cater for all ages.
Sunwing has announced the official opening of the Grand Memories Varadero resort in the Caribbean island of Cuba.
The new hotel comes as the tour operator continues a major expansion push in Cuba through its Blue Diamond Hotels and Resorts company.
The luxury beachfront resort is the first under the Memories brand to carry the "Grand" name and it will offer 1,110 guest rooms and suites for couples, friends, and families.
Grand Memories Varadero will have an adults-only section by the beach that will offer a private clubhouse, cigar pool, exclusive swimming pool and adults-only restaurant.
The all inclusive resort also has a family-friendly section with a children's play area with supervised activities and games, a multi-sports court, tennis courts, a children's swimming pool, and plenty of buffet restaurants, snack bars and lounges.
Varadero Beach is located in the province of Matanzas on the Hicacos Peninsula on the north coast of Cuba. The tropical region is one of the most popular tourist destinations with more than 20km of pristine white sand beaches and several luxury beachfront hotels.
The area is home to stunning natural landscapes such as the Bellamar Caves and idyllic virgin cays and travellers can go scuba diving and snorkelling in the azure crystal-clear waters; go sailing and deep sea fishing; play golf against the backdrop of the sparkling ocean; or take excursions to explore Cardenas City.
The coastal resort is a great place for family holidays due to its array of museums, pristine beaches, and parks and fun attractions including the Delfinario, a natural pool for dolphins.
Cuba is an island nation situated in the Caribbean Sea, east of Mexico and south of the United States. The communist country is rich in political history and boasts some of the world's most breathtaking natural landscapes as well as the world's second largest barrier reef.
Blue Diamond Hotels and Resorts operates several all inclusive resorts across the Caribbean and Latin America under "Memories Beach Resorts" and "Royalton Luxury Resorts" brands.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands for an amazing price!
- The Location on one of Varadero's best virgin beaches
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31st Jul 2017
- Enjoy varied entertainment, including water sports, beach volleyball, tennis, evening performances and more
- The all-inclusive plan features 1 buffet restaurant, 2 A la carte, 3 snack bars and 3 bars
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...