Sunwing officially opens Grand Memories Varadero in Cuba
The tour operator Sunwing has announced the official opening of the Grand Memories Varadero resort in Cuba. This is the first hotel in the Memories chain to offer the "Grand" title and the property will have 1,110 guest rooms and suites with an adults-only section by the beach while the family-friendly section offers pools, restaurants, and activities that cater for all ages.
Sunwing has announced the official opening of the Grand Memories Varadero resort in the Caribbean island of Cuba.
The new hotel comes as the tour operator continues a major expansion push in Cuba through its Blue Diamond Hotels and Resorts company.
The luxury beachfront resort is the first under the Memories brand to carry the "Grand" name and it will offer 1,110 guest rooms and suites for couples, friends, and families.
Grand Memories Varadero will have an adults-only section by the beach that will offer a private clubhouse, cigar pool, exclusive swimming pool and adults-only restaurant.
The all inclusive resort also has a family-friendly section with a children's play area with supervised activities and games, a multi-sports court, tennis courts, a children's swimming pool, and plenty of buffet restaurants, snack bars and lounges.
Varadero Beach is located in the province of Matanzas on the Hicacos Peninsula on the north coast of Cuba. The tropical region is one of the most popular tourist destinations with more than 20km of pristine white sand beaches and several luxury beachfront hotels.
The area is home to stunning natural landscapes such as the Bellamar Caves and idyllic virgin cays and travellers can go scuba diving and snorkelling in the azure crystal-clear waters; go sailing and deep sea fishing; play golf against the backdrop of the sparkling ocean; or take excursions to explore Cardenas City.
The coastal resort is a great place for family holidays due to its array of museums, pristine beaches, and parks and fun attractions including the Delfinario, a natural pool for dolphins.
Cuba is an island nation situated in the Caribbean Sea, east of Mexico and south of the United States. The communist country is rich in political history and boasts some of the world's most breathtaking natural landscapes as well as the world's second largest barrier reef.
Blue Diamond Hotels and Resorts operates several all inclusive resorts across the Caribbean and Latin America under "Memories Beach Resorts" and "Royalton Luxury Resorts" brands.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...