Sunwing officially opens Grand Memories Varadero in Cuba
The tour operator Sunwing has announced the official opening of the Grand Memories Varadero resort in Cuba. This is the first hotel in the Memories chain to offer the "Grand" title and the property will have 1,110 guest rooms and suites with an adults-only section by the beach while the family-friendly section offers pools, restaurants, and activities that cater for all ages.
Sunwing has announced the official opening of the Grand Memories Varadero resort in the Caribbean island of Cuba.
The new hotel comes as the tour operator continues a major expansion push in Cuba through its Blue Diamond Hotels and Resorts company.
The luxury beachfront resort is the first under the Memories brand to carry the "Grand" name and it will offer 1,110 guest rooms and suites for couples, friends, and families.
Grand Memories Varadero will have an adults-only section by the beach that will offer a private clubhouse, cigar pool, exclusive swimming pool and adults-only restaurant.
The all inclusive resort also has a family-friendly section with a children's play area with supervised activities and games, a multi-sports court, tennis courts, a children's swimming pool, and plenty of buffet restaurants, snack bars and lounges.
Varadero Beach is located in the province of Matanzas on the Hicacos Peninsula on the north coast of Cuba. The tropical region is one of the most popular tourist destinations with more than 20km of pristine white sand beaches and several luxury beachfront hotels.
The area is home to stunning natural landscapes such as the Bellamar Caves and idyllic virgin cays and travellers can go scuba diving and snorkelling in the azure crystal-clear waters; go sailing and deep sea fishing; play golf against the backdrop of the sparkling ocean; or take excursions to explore Cardenas City.
The coastal resort is a great place for family holidays due to its array of museums, pristine beaches, and parks and fun attractions including the Delfinario, a natural pool for dolphins.
Cuba is an island nation situated in the Caribbean Sea, east of Mexico and south of the United States. The communist country is rich in political history and boasts some of the world's most breathtaking natural landscapes as well as the world's second largest barrier reef.
Blue Diamond Hotels and Resorts operates several all inclusive resorts across the Caribbean and Latin America under "Memories Beach Resorts" and "Royalton Luxury Resorts" brands.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Starfish Varadero has to offer for an amazing price!
- Varadero History and Nature Tour Included
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Well located in the heart of Havana's historic Old town, close to Central Park and minutes away from the National Theatre, the Capitol and Hemingway's favourite bar, the Floridita
- Iberostar Parque Central is a great base to discover all this unique city has to offer
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero such as erobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and much more.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Pernik Hotel is a comfortable tourist hotel located in a quiet green area near downtown Holguin. This hotel is close to...